• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Not a bad day looking at the for sale ads!

GlXk4uFh.jpg

Wow! Story?

Just a local online post about comics. I asked if he had any pictures and he sends me a group shot with Hulk 181 BA 12 and NM 98. Immediately got in my car and went to check them out. I see a guy pulling out as I pull up. He just purchased the Hulk 180 and 181, 2 copies of WWBN 32 in high grade, BA 12 in high grade ,Hawkman 4, and Tomb of Dracula 10. He had a VG sticker on the BA12 I purchased and its probably around a 7.5 copy. He stated the hulk 181 was a VG/F copy and he just sold it for $700 along with the other books.. doh! Still happy with what I found. Great stuff at great prices..

Damn!

No jaw-droppers, but I did fish some winners out of the 50 cent bins at a LCS sidewalk sale this weekend. I especially like the chunk of X-Men non-foil variant covers and newsstands. Not worth a lot, but I don't run into them often.

The Catwoman 1 is also interesting. Must have been from a shop or retailer signing, it is a numbered edition of 5000, and signed by four creators including Balent and Giordano. No COA or anything, but again, for 50 cents, seemed like a solid pickup.

34s0c2g.jpg

15wnc05.jpg

Not a bad day looking at the for sale ads!

GlXk4uFh.jpg

Wow! Story?

Just a local online post about comics. I asked if he had any pictures and he sends me a group shot with Hulk 181 BA 12 and NM 98. Immediately got in my car and went to check them out. I see a guy pulling out as I pull up. He just purchased the Hulk 180 and 181, 2 copies of WWBN 32 in high grade, BA 12 in high grade ,Hawkman 4, and Tomb of Dracula 10. He had a VG sticker on the BA12 I purchased and its probably around a 7.5 copy. He stated the hulk 181 was a VG/F copy and he just sold it for $700 along with the other books.. doh! Still happy with what I found. Great stuff at great prices..

You must live near the garden of eden, amazing haul (thumbs u

Okay so this is the second time in less than a year I found this book for $1 in the wild :cool:

20160919_211330-1_zpslyboebd1.jpg

I've also found that one at a HPB for $1 within the last year. Just goes to show, it's always worth digging!

At auction tonight I bought these 11 unused Hanna Barbera coloring books.

2vj1s3p.jpg

156p8hf.jpg

They might be hard to find, I only see one on eBay (used & incomplete). Also on eBay I see there was at least one box set with 3 books included- one recently sold for $50.

I notice cover variants on the examples from eBay & mine, here are borrowed pics of the Judy Jetson/Johnny Quest book for comparison (all three are different from each other, most notably at top left and right on cover).

nyz686.jpg

2hxrkw5.jpg

I picked up a nice lot of 2400 comics off craigslist about 2 hours away. This will keep me busy until at least early next year.

Looks like some searching and sorting ahead for you. Let us know what you find!

those big finds are rough -

the one I picked up ( 40+ longboxes) --- still hunting. Think I sold off like 1000 of them at the show in the $2 bins - but still a ton of work. fun work, though.....

no other big keys unearthed - but some nice hits...

51B801E5-54F4-4CAC-90EC-FAEF3873AA41.jpg

16A3DB00-835F-438D-9CB0-1B8F2E3DD0A9.jpg

Along with the 99-cent Runaways #1 I posted above, at the same time I also pulled out the #2 and #4 as well as a few 2006 Civil Wars (#3, #4, #7), UFF #21-23 (1st Marvel Zombies) NMs - and these too all for 99-cents each:

20160921_164652-1_zpscficwylk.jpg

Just missing #4 from this 1-10 Deadpool run (and 11-13 for the complete set) but very happy with these including the #7 (1st Lady Deadpool) :cool:

20160921_164510-1_zpseoq2snrt.jpg