• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,857 posts in this topic

So I'm helping a buddy with his old collection that he hasn't touched in about 35 years & stumbled across this today. I can't seem to find any values for coverless versions but it's otherwise intact:

D6B23009-B2CC-4343-BEFB-701AC21EC0B3_zpsll6c5lve.jpg

Also about a 60-issue straight run of ASM from about 150 to 210

Few other books, but nothing huge hut the Hulk 181 is the one I'm most interested in gauging value on.

So I'm helping a buddy with his old collection that he hasn't touched in about 35 years & stumbled across this today. I can't seem to find any values for coverless versions but it's otherwise intact:

... the Hulk 181 is the one I'm most interested in gauging value on.

:applause:

I dunno -- maybe 100 bucks or so these days? Maybe a little less? More?

In any case, I absolutely LOVE the math homework at the top. To me, that's not a "defect"...it's a priceless reminder of simpler times and more carefree days. Outstanding!

Just one yard sale today advertising comics. He had for sale one box of random magazines in bags and boards. I picked out 7 books. When I went to pay, he said that some bags had two books, so I'd have to pay for both if I wanted both of them. I didn't realize he double bagged, but I was okay with it - it turned up a second copy of the New Mutants Graphic Novel.

YardSale-2016-09-24-01-thumb.jpg

YardSale-2016-09-24-02-thumb.jpg

Also about a 60-issue straight run of ASM from about 150 to 210

Few other books, but nothing huge hut the Hulk 181 is the one I'm most interested in gauging value on.

It really comes down to whether the math done in the margin is correct or not. If it is correct, maybe as high as $200.

In any case, I absolutely LOVE the math homework at the top. To me, that's not a "defect"...it's a priceless reminder of simpler times and more carefree days. Outstanding!

I agree with $100 as is, but I'd put a repro cover on it, and try for $150.

What's your paypal? I'll send $100 right now.

So what's a coverless worth?

if it has all the pages as well as the marvel stamp still intact, id say 150-200 - 2c

if it has all the pages as well as the marvel stamp still intact, id say 150-200 - 2c

Yeah. It's fully intact. Including the stamp & all the wraps. Just lacking a cover

Nice!

I don't know about Disneyland, but there was an art shop at Disney World. I know I purchased posters and cells there years ago. I don't remember any original art, but I probably didn't look, it would have been more than I could afford at the time.

There are some art sites where you might find some comparable.

some 25 cent finds at a garage sale today

DA8E7E5A-4AEA-4286-8B62-53D950E571DF_zpsxhworbbo.jpg

Adam Hughes :luhv:

Adam Hughes??? Dave Stevens rules! Nice haul. Those twisted tales are a great read. As close to modern day ECs as you can get.

doh! that's who I meant, old age and memory lol isn't what it used to be :preach:

hm I bet if you send an email to Disneyland or Disney World, they have experts there who might be able to help. It looks like there is an image on the lower right that might be a Disney Logo?

They have a huge art department.

Thanks, Sharon!

That's where it's signed "Kang" lower right under the castle.

Was at an estate auction today and there was a batch of caricatures of Hollywood stars from 1981-83. Burt Reynolds, Loni Anderson, Danny Devito, and a few others. Googled the artist and he was the cartoonist that did Opus. For a buck a pop, I took them home.