• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread

490 posts in this topic

How much is it to get a (backing, etc.) board that has an artists sketch on it SS'd (assuming that it's eligible to be SS'd)?

Okay, thanks for the info!

What happens if you have a book that has been signed for at a con in raw form, and then later on you use that same book in a signature series signing?

Say I have a ASM 300 signed by Stan Lee 10 years ago in raw form, and send it in to DWC's Todd Mcfarlane signing. Does it come back qualified? Or Signature series?

Thanks!

It can depend on the size of the signature, but an otherwise 9.8 book with an unverified sig on the cover will generally get in the 7.5 range.

Does anyone know if Frank Miller will be signing this year at NYC and if so how does someone get a third person such as a CGC witness to get them signed? I know that CGC says that you can call them and they can arrange something but I figured I would try my luck here first to see about the process. Also, lets say I have the books and they are already graded and want them to be Signature series , do I send the books to the CGC witness and they take them out of the case and then get them signed or do I have to take them out of the case and send them to the witness first?

Does anyone know if Frank Miller will be signing this year at NYC and if so how does someone get a third person such as a CGC witness to get them signed? I know that CGC says that you can call them and they can arrange something but I figured I would try my luck here first to see about the process. Also, lets say I have the books and they are already graded and want them to be Signature series , do I send the books to the CGC witness and they take them out of the case and then get them signed or do I have to take them out of the case and send them to the witness first?

There have been a lot of rumors swirling about the extent to which FM will be signing, if at all, this year. Check the Boards for facilitators that are taking subs. Chances are they will take a book or two from you on the chance that he is available. There will be no guarantees, and I would expect a surcharge from the normal service as well. I have had books at the last three SDs and the last two NYs and have gotten exactly zero.

How much would it cost to get an already graded modern comic signed at a convention? I read earlier it was the Modern fee of $27 + $5 for each signature on that book.

However, since it was already graded, would it be a reholder fee of $11 + $5 for each sig? Just trying to set a budget for this year :)

Jerome

How much would it cost to get an already graded modern comic signed at a convention? I read earlier it was the Modern fee of $27 + $5 for each signature on that book.

However, since it was already graded, would it be a reholder fee of $11 + $5 for each sig? Just trying to set a budget for this year :)

Jerome

It would not be a reholder since it has to be regraded. You would be charged the $27 Modern fee and the $5 invoice fee. You would get charged an extra $5 on top of that if you added a second signature, and so on.