• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kansas City cgc 8.0 Action 1

820 posts in this topic

So let me understand this.

Metropolis posts the book on say[tomorrow morning] Im the first to see the listing.I press the buy it now button and Ive bought the book. Is it that simple?

That may not be clear to everyone.

yes - first come first served

I agree with Gator about the rust.How much can you expect from a 72 year old paper collectible. Go to the cgc Gallery and look at the 8.5. Its a smaller image but you can still see the quality of the book.It is clearly the best cgc copy.No ifs or buts.None at all.

I'm not arguing that point. As I said, from what I've heard the rust is minor with no migration. Doesn't really bother me.

But as to your question of "how much can I expect from a 72 year old book" - if I'm ponying up $1M I expect a whole WHOLE lot.

that certainly makes sense

Metropolis posts the book on say[tomorrow morning] Im the first to see the listing.I press the buy it now button and Ive bought the book. Is it that simple?

yes - first come first served

woo hoo....no sleep for me for the next 4 days... just refresh/refresh/refresh until I can hit the BIN lol

"NOT YET PROCESSED"

NYP.gif

I agree with Gator about the rust.How much can you expect from a 72 year old paper collectible. Go to the cgc Gallery and look at the 8.5. Its a smaller image but you can still see the quality of the book.It is clearly the best cgc copy.No ifs or buts.None at all.

I'm not arguing that point. As I said, from what I've heard the rust is minor with no migration. Doesn't really bother me.

But as to your question of "how much can I expect from a 72 year old book" - if I'm ponying up $1M I expect a whole WHOLE lot.

Easy on the post count. Your starting to catch up.

:mad:

"NOT YET PROCESSED"

NYP.gif

doh!

I told you, now you can have them all...reset me to zero, I don't care lol

Coke zero?

Coke zero?

enjoying a cold one right now (thumbs u

Folks...let me clear up some confusion....

The book is NOT being auctioned...Stephen is going to put it up for sale on the cc site...first come first serve...

My question must not have been clear...what do you think he will price at?

If it were me...I would start it at a cool million and go from there (sell it or take best offer)

I could see that. Listing it at $1,000,000 and then seeing what shakes out. Just the publicity would be worth a few $$.

The book is NOT being auctioned...Stephen is going to put it up for sale on the cc site...first come first serve...

If it were me...I would start it at a cool million and go from there (sell it or take best offer)

I could see that. Listing it at $1,000,000 and then seeing what shakes out. Just the publicity would be worth a few $$.

that was my thinking

Probably the best course of action.

Although, I'm surprised this book doesn't get the auction treatment. Even with a BIN price, you run the risk of leaving money on the table. If this book is going up for public sale, metro/cc must have a very strong inkling there are ready willing and able buyers for the book.

I don't get it.

Why not auction the book, especially if you run an auction site?

The only answers I can think of to that question are all bad. Admitedly, I'm coming across as a total cynic the past few weeks, but all I can think of is:

(1) They want the book to go to a specific buyer, perhaps even someone who has paid an option price, but want to generate a lot of publicity by creating the illusion of a race to purchase (of course, if there really were a race to purchase, they should auction because then that competition would increase the price of the book); and/or

(2) They want to offer the book at a price that is higher than they actually will be able to sell it for, and perhaps not disclose the final purchase price, to create upward pricing pressure.

If folks have better or more positive answers, please let me know.

There are a LOT of books that are sold well before they make a listing at a comic site. Some people like to have the "sold" listings on their site, but have buyers already lined up for choice material. I give that a (shrug)

Probably the best course of action.

Although, I'm surprised this book doesn't get the auction treatment. Even with a BIN price, you run the risk of leaving money on the table. If this book is going up for public sale, metro/cc must have a very strong inkling there are ready willing and able buyers for the book.

I don't get it.

Why not auction the book, especially if you run an auction site?

The only answers I can think of to that question are all bad. Admitedly, I'm coming across as a total cynic the past few weeks, but all I can think of is:

(1) They want the book to go to a specific buyer, perhaps even someone who has paid an option price, but want to generate a lot of publicity by creating the illusion of a race to purchase (of course, if there really were a race to purchase, they should auction because then that competition would increase the price of the book); and/or

(2) They want to offer the book at a price that is higher than they actually will be able to sell it for, and perhaps not disclose the final purchase price, to create upward pricing pressure.

If folks have better or more positive answers, please let me know.

There are a LOT of books that are sold well before they make a listing at a comic site. Some people like to have the "sold" listings on their site, but have buyers already lined up for choice material. I give that a (shrug)

very very true

quote//Is it still illegal to sell your kids.

Im looking into it !

You know for me, It would take a whole lot more than a comic to make me sell my son. He is a 10.0 in my mind :luhv:

yeah, I would have to have the comic and Jessica Biel (thumbs u