• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kansas City cgc 8.0 Action 1

820 posts in this topic

Personally to me If I were the dealer I would want to sell it to E.R for two reasons.He can afford the Big Ticket price [but so can a few other guys] but what would clinch it for me is I would ask him [as part of the deal] to let me auction off his 6.5 copy [his undercopy]...I would get the record price out of it and 2 huge sales probably cementing my reputation as the Big auction house guy.Only Eric can offer them this and im sure he wants this book...Just my opinion.

You could do the same thing. :baiting:

Personally to me If I were the dealer I would want to sell it to E.R for two reasons.He can afford the Big Ticket price [but so can a few other guys] but what would clinch it for me is I would ask him [as part of the deal] to let me auction off his 6.5 copy [his undercopy]...I would get the record price out of it and 2 huge sales probably cementing my reputation as the Big auction house guy.Only Eric can offer them this and im sure he wants this book...Just my opinion.

:baiting: Don't you have a 6.5 copy also? Why would the same tactic not apply to you?

the difference is Eric has the cash on demand end of it that I dont have.He can pay it all in full instantly I assume.I cannot.

I'm torn on this one. I agree with the above argument - is an 8.0 worth 3X more than a 6.0? And this will be the 5th nicest copy (the 8.5, the Larson, the Church, and the other rumored copy).

Nitpicking, but this copy is better than the Larson.

And if the bottom staple isn't rusted (many KC books are), some would argue it would be at least as good as the 8.5

I'm torn on this one. I agree with the above argument - is an 8.0 worth 3X more than a 6.0? And this will be the 5th nicest copy (the 8.5, the Larson, the Church, and the other rumored copy).

Nitpicking, but this copy is better than the Larson.

And if the bottom staple isn't rusted (many KC books are), some would argue it would be at least as good as the 8.5

It is better than the Larson for sure but I like the 8.5 better. Take a look at the cgc gallery.

Its an 8.5 for a reason with ow/w pages....

This 8.0 is Awesome! Let me keep this in perspective,ok.

This makes sense. Especially if it will also ensure that they earn or keep the good will of guy with the wherewithall and desire to spend a lot on comics.

But, still, I wonder if the smartest play is to avoid other potential big spenders off by giving everyone a shot at the book through auction. That would likely generate a bigger return on this book (if multiple guys do have the wherewithall and desire to bid it up against each other), and if ER won the book, wouldn't he be inclined to sell his 6.5 through Metro anyway after they'd obtained record payments on the 6.0 and 8.0?

Further, if I was the buyer, I'd be concerned about overpaying by buying outside of auction.

Would it harm Metro to keep the book on Comic Connect for $1.2 mil or whatever with no real intention of selling? They could keep the book there at any price they want until a seller meets their ask, now or never. It's not like they're hurting for money or inventory. (shrug) It would just draw attention forever and ever.

Would it harm Metro to keep the book on Comic Connect for $1.2 mil or whatever with no real intention of selling? They could keep the book there at any price they want until a seller meets their ask, now or never. It's not like they're hurting for money or inventory. (shrug) It would just draw attention forever and ever.

Wouldn't that depend on how much they paid for it? [And, if its a consignment than this wouldn't work.] They would be foregoing any return on their investment other than notoriety, and don't they already have all the notoriety they need amongst GA collectors?

I've often wondered what Metro's economics are. They must have a LOT of cash sunk into the 120,000 books they have in their inventory. Makes me wonder what kind of return they get on their investment. Basically, they've taken whatever big chunk of change they paid to buy the books, and gotten a stream of income in return that is equal to the number of books they sell.

Well, before a 6.0, then a Tec27 8.0 and now an Action1 8.0. Comics are entering the high level of collecting world. But the final step will be the price it sell for. If it breaks the 1 million barreer, then maybe big keys in general will rise a 25% within a year in every grade. If it sell for "cheap" (let's say 500K) or it rest unsold, then people may start thinking:"Hey, the Action 6.0 sold X1.5 of what an AF15 9.4 sold and now the 8.0 dont even sold. Maybe those huge GA keys are overvalued"

I really dont now, totally out of my league.

can someone remind me about the Denver action 1 (assuming there was one)...seems I have heard, but can't recall (old age)

I could be wrong but I don't think there was one. Marvel #1 yes. Action #1 ????

that might be why I can't remember it lol

According to the pedigree book guys, the only pedigree Action 1s are MH, Larson, and Kansas City.
then my guess is this is the best copy available in the market outside of the 8.5 (assuming the owner would sell)... KC ped and an 8.0 to boot, I'm liking it (thumbs u

wonder if Metro would take payment in Honduran Lempiras hm

According to the pedigree book guys, the only pedigree Action 1s are MH, Larson, and Kansas City.
then my guess is this is the best copy available in the market outside of the 8.5 (assuming the owner would sell)... KC ped and an 8.0 to boot, I'm liking it (thumbs u

wonder if Metro would take payment in Honduran Lempiras hm

It's like listing to sell a house for one million and have a few offers in at 800,000 and 900,000. The agent collect his or her share of the commission. Quite possibly the first near one million dollar comic.

Now we are talking. The best looking copy I have ever seen and a pedigree to boot. Wonder how many potential Heritage bidders will be diverted with this timely release? :popcorn:

Oh hell yes. My first thought and it will lower the feverish frenzy on that Detective 27.

Now we are talking. The best looking copy I have ever seen and a pedigree to boot. Wonder how many potential Heritage bidders will be diverted with this timely release? :popcorn:

Oh hell yes. My first thought and it will lower the feverish frenzy on that Detective 27.

This should dampen the Tec27 price a little.