• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kansas City cgc 8.0 Action 1

820 posts in this topic

Now we are talking. The best looking copy I have ever seen and a pedigree to boot. Wonder how many potential Heritage bidders will be diverted with this timely release? :popcorn:

Oh hell yes. My first thought and it will lower the feverish frenzy on that Detective 27.

This should dampen the Tec27 price a little.

Which, if you had the $$, would make it wise to buy both.

kidney, liver, house, and kids will be for sale in the Market place in a bit :insane:
:roflmao:
I am serious :makepoint:

would throw my wife in too, if I thought that would help

She a good cook?

Now we are talking. The best looking copy I have ever seen and a pedigree to boot. Wonder how many potential Heritage bidders will be diverted with this timely release? :popcorn:

Oh hell yes. My first thought and it will lower the feverish frenzy on that Detective 27.

kidney, liver, house, and kids will be for sale in the Market place in a bit :insane:

She a good cook?

let's put it this way, all the wait staff all Olive Garden know our kids birthdays lol

She a good cook?

let's put it this way, all the wait staff all Olive Garden know our kids birthdays lol

I'm torn on this one. I agree with the above argument - is an 8.0 worth 3X more than a 6.0? And this will be the 5th nicest copy (the 8.5, the Larson, the Church, and the other rumored copy).

Nitpicking, but this copy is better than the Larson.

And if the bottom staple isn't rusted (many KC books are), some would argue it would be at least as good as the 8.5

Have you seen the Larson? The list says VFN - granted that isn't exact, but it seems like VFNs from that list could end up being FVFs or VFNMs. If it's a VF, then I'd expect the state of preservation to be better than the KC - which would trump for most.

And you can argue all day long about this one and the 8.5, but at the end of the day one says 8.0 and one says 8.5.

I'm torn on this one. I agree with the above argument - is an 8.0 worth 3X more than a 6.0? And this will be the 5th nicest copy (the 8.5, the Larson, the Church, and the other rumored copy).

And if the bottom staple isn't rusted (many KC books are), some would argue it would be at least as good as the 8.5

Have you seen the Larson? The list says VFN - granted that isn't exact, but it seems like VFNs from that list could end up being FVFs or VFNMs. If it's a VF, then I'd expect the state of preservation to be better than the KC - which would trump for most.

And you can argue all day long about this one and the 8.5, but at the end of the day one says 8.0 and one says 8.5.

I think its very clear which book is nicer.

I think its very clear which book is nicer.

Which? I've never seen either up close, but the scans of the 8.5 look much fresher & brighter than the KC copy, not to mention the tear at the top of the KC. That being said, I don't like rusty staples, but supposedly the rust is minor.

I agree with Gator about the rust.How much can you expect from a 72 year old paper collectible. Go to the cgc Gallery and look at the 8.5. Its a smaller image but you can still see the quality of the book.It is clearly the best cgc copy.No ifs or buts.None at all.

and you can person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point rust migration, with proper storage (thumbs u

Very true. The rust on my Action #66 8.5 hasn't worsened in the decade-plus that I've owned it.

yeah, but I don't recommend passing as much gas on a reg comic as you likely have lol inert gases work best

I guess its good news for the hobby but sad in a very real way too in that Action 1s Unrestored [at least higher grades] will now forever be out of the reach of people that love em the most.The true collector.I think there even pulling away from the ability of an affluent collector to attain.I think there comming into a class only the Mega Rich can attain.Maybe even were a business might buy it as an investment?

I guess its good news for the hobby but sad in a very real way too in that Action 1s Unrestored [at least higher grades] will now forever be out of the reach of people that love em the most.The true collector.I think there even pulling away from the ability of an affluent collector to attain.I think there comming into a class only the Mega Rich can attain.Maybe even were a business might buy it as an investment?
(thumbs u

I agree with Gator about the rust.How much can you expect from a 72 year old paper collectible. Go to the cgc Gallery and look at the 8.5. Its a smaller image but you can still see the quality of the book.It is clearly the best cgc copy.No ifs or buts.None at all.

I'm not arguing that point. As I said, from what I've heard the rust is minor with no migration. Doesn't really bother me.

But as to your question of "how much can I expect from a 72 year old book" - if I'm ponying up $1M I expect a whole WHOLE lot.

I'm not arguing that point. As I said, from what I've heard the rust is minor with no migration. Doesn't really bother me.

But as to your question of "how much can I expect from a 72 year old book" - if I'm ponying up $1M I expect a whole WHOLE lot.

If the rust dosnt stop you than thats my point.