• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

42 500$ makes no sens at all (to me this is a huge sum of money....I can fell the buyer's remorse already....poor guy that paid so much)!! The SC4 CBCS 9.8 restored achieved 8900$.

To be fair, the Showcase 4 auction doesn't end until tomorrow night.

42 500$ makes no sens at all (to me this is a huge sum of money....I can fell the buyer's remorse already....poor guy that paid so much)!! The SC4 CBCS 9.8 restored achieved 8900$.

To be fair, the Showcase 4 auction doesn't end until tomorrow night.

That 9.8 probably started as a 1.8-2.5. The buyer is going to have HUGE remorse.

Please respect what various members have asked of us the other day if you have something to say to me send me a PM (since you seem to want to fight with me each and every single day.....if you need your daily fix send me a PM....I will most likely never respond but at least you can get your madness off your chest).....people here have no interest in reading this type of post. Keep the forum for comic book discussion only. Have a good night!!

Edited by Hulk1962

I do not believe the SC4 is going to end even close to 42 500$. We will wait 24 hours and we will find out.

I don't either, but it's inaccurate to state the Showcase 4 only achieved $8900.

I hope that CBCS folds as a company they make the market look all over the place price wise and I wonder if the low prices achieved will also impact the Overstreet price guide as values go. I hope Overstreet only tracks sales of CGC graded books!!

Competition is good for the consumer. I would guess that the existence of CBCS might have had at least a little bit to do with CGC changing their cases and labels.

11pigg.jpg

Who is speculating the day after making fun of the books & owners? It seems like it is all going on at the same time. (shrug)

In an argument that got scrubbed from the AF 15 thread (now two days ago, but "yesterday" when I posted the meme) Hulk1962 made fun of and insulted restored books and their owners multiple times. It was extremely childish and condescending and offended enough people that there were multiple boardie replies calling him out on it.

I was just pointing out the irony of him attempting to engage in "productive discussion" on the value or relative value of restored books in general after insulting them and their owners the day before.

That is all.

I do not believe the SC4 is going to end even close to 42 500$. We will wait 24 hours and we will find out.

I don't either, but it's inaccurate to state the Showcase 4 only achieved $8900.

Jeff; given the amazing results on the 5.0 and 7.5 SC 4's, what happened to the super restored 9.8 which barely got a third of the similarly restored Hulk 1?? I'm scratching my head...

Anyone else??

Jeff; given the amazing results on the 5.0 and 7.5 SC 4's, what happened to the super restored 9.8 which barely got a third of the similarly restored Hulk 1?? I'm scratching my head...

Anyone else??

Harry, the answer could be as simple as there wasn't a second bidder that wanted the book as badly.

Or big numbers are just bringing copies out of the woodwork and collectors are cashing in. That often happens.