• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 in 9.4 goes for $800??

184 posts in this topic

And the negs keep on coming... Feedback

How low can his feedback rate go? Anyone taking bets?

I've seen negative percentages before for new sellers. Think he'll hit sub-90%?

What a shame!

my guess is every single sale was bogus...

typically when paypal sees this kind of $ activity in an account, they restrict removal of funds (auto parameters)...maybe folks will get their money back...but at the very least, a lesson to teach one to fund with paypal via credit card vs balance (shrug)

Here is a tip off. At the end of his auctions he writes "Take Care & (GOD BLESS)" which is typical for foreign scammers. I'm betting this is a hijacked account. His Paypal is probably hijacked too. Money goes in and then it's drained out of Paypal.
I believe you are correct...however, it makes one wonder if the paypal protection procedures they supposedly have in place to prevent this type of fraud, is really in place...

in other words, when a seller normally receives, say $100 a week average (what it looks like "pre hijack"), and all of a sudden they get $5000 a day, paypal is supposed to lock the funds until the buyer has confirmed they have received the product... that prevents the fraudsters from draining the account...

now, I don't know the particulars, but I have read the policy and heard folks here on the boards mention it happened to them after one high dollor sale...this is 5 figures...seems to me the system is still broke (shrug)

Here is a tip off. At the end of his auctions he writes "Take Care & (GOD BLESS)" which is typical for foreign scammers. I'm betting this is a hijacked account. His Paypal is probably hijacked too. Money goes in and then it's drained out of Paypal.
I believe you are correct...however, it makes one wonder if the paypal protection procedures they supposedly have in place to prevent this type of fraud, is really in place...

in other words, when a seller normally receives, say $100 a week average (what it looks like "pre hijack"), and all of a sudden they get $5000 a day, paypal is supposed to lock the funds until the buyer has confirmed they have received the product... that prevents the fraudsters from draining the account...

now, I don't know the particulars, but I have read the policy and heard folks here on the boards mention it happened to them after one high dollor sale...this is 5 figures...seems to me the system is still broke (shrug)

I'm sure Paypal doesn't have the buyer or sellers best interest in mind. I had to deal with their customer service years ago. By the time I had someone on the phone I would have had more luck explaining quantum theory to my parrot.

the language as noted, is very similar to the Nigerian 419 spammers particularly on the x-men 1 auction I looked at earlier

Shipping will all be done by USPS Post Office here in Prescott Arizona to you my freind!!

SELL what you love lols but it is true sad

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU TIME TREMENDOUSLY & HOPE to be able to PROVIDE YOU with my A+ CUSTOMER SERVICE GURANATEED!!

You may be on to something there. Hope this isn't the shape of things to come on ebay...

the language as noted, is very similar to the Nigerian 419 spammers particularly on the x-men 1 auction I looked at earlier

Shipping will all be done by USPS Post Office here in Prescott Arizona to you my freind!!

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU TIME TREMENDOUSLY & HOPE to be able to PROVIDE YOU with my A+ CUSTOMER SERVICE GURANATEED!!

You may be on to something there. Hope this isn't the shape of things to come on ebay...

definately typed by someone whos 1st language isnt english..

Holy cow! He's going to pop the question!

I'm sure she will be so happy.

Should we send our well wishes?

With that much money being scammed, you'd think he could have spent a little less on this, and bought her a bigger ring.

But I guess we all have our priorities. hm

definately typed by someone whos 1st language isnt english..

Yes, "definately" :baiting: