• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Wow now upto $1700. Did anybody notice that the previous issue i.e 226 is from the Oakland collection and is a 9.6. I know that the #227 from this collection is also a 9.6 and i have been waiting for years for this to go up for sale. I also had confirmation about a year ago that it was still in its old original blue label and i am so hoping this RM copy sells for a high price to tempt the owner of the Oakland copy to finally sell. :wishluck:

i can find 8 9.6's that have sold in the past year for between $1650 and $2650- not sure what extra motivation would be needed if the owner was at all inclined to sell.

Edited by paperheart

Wow now upto $1700. Did anybody notice that the previous issue i.e 226 is from the Oakland collection and is a 9.6. I know that the #227 from this collection is also a 9.6 and i have been waiting for years for this to go up for sale. I also had confirmation about a year ago that it was still in its old original blue label and i am so hoping this RM copy sells for a high price to tempt the owner of the Oakland copy to finally sell. :wishluck:

i can find 4 9.6's that have sold in the past year for between $1650 and $2k- not sure what extra motivation would be needed if the owner was at all inclined to sell.

The fact that it hasnt been pressed, still in old blue label, it has white pages and its from a Pedigree.

i can find 4 9.6's that have sold in the past year for between $1650 and $2k- not sure what extra motivation would be needed if the owner was at all inclined to sell.

The fact that it hasnt been pressed, still in old blue label, it has white pages and its from a Pedigree.

those are four reasons not to sell it as is.

those are four reasons not to sell it as is.

Well as more 9.6's come onto the market the price will lower and maybe now is a good time to sell.

You are persistent, hope you're able to acquire the book someday.

Its number 2 on my list. My number 1 is a comic that i use to own that is now in the hands of a collector(all Danny Dupcaks aka comic-keys fault) ironically based where you are.

Its number 2 on my list. My number 1 is a comic that i use to own that is now in the hands of a collector(all Danny Dupcaks aka comic-keys fault) ironically based where you are.

that's a good pitch for a story- let's hear it.

Ok, who nabbed the Rocky Mountain 9.4? I know it was someone in this thread. It went for much less than what I thought it would go for. Kudos to the buyer.

sounds pretty dang expensive to me, unless it's going to be turned into a 9.6 which doesn't seem likely looking at the scan of the book.

teddie,

I thought it would go for at least 2K with the pedigree status and white pages. The one past sale on gpa for $845 was for a much bigger miswrap than the RM copy. So I was factoring the prior sale in the $1,400 range as a base price. Since it was a 9.0 and is now a 9.4, I'd agree, I see no chance of a 9.6.

RADB79482011512_182618.jpg

This will look good next to my 227, lost the bid on the Detective 405, if it's a boardie post a pic, but did win the Tec 400 on Qualitycomix auction for alot lower than I thought!

Congrats!

Don't tell the wife and everything will be fine. What she is not able to confirm 100% without any doubt can't hurt you.........that much :devil::whistle:

Edited by kimik

teddie,

I thought it would go for at least 2K with the pedigree status and white pages. The one past sale on gpa for $845 was for a much bigger miswrap than the RM copy. So I was factoring the prior sale in the $1,400 range as a base price. Since it was a 9.0 and is now a 9.4, I'd agree, I see no chance of a 9.6.

your information is outdated at best, seriously flawed more likely. since the $1400 outlier in sept 09 there have been 9.4 sales of: $800 1/10, $801 9/10 and $845 11/10. there have been 9.6 sales of $2k 4/10, $1725 1/11 and $2k 1/11. so, the only way this price makes sense is if it can be further squished to a 9.6. anything's possible since it was a 9.0 not long ago.