• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

nothin wrong with a nice reader copy, besides you have the real deal. I'd trade all my BA books for a copy of Tec 31.

(thumbs u

I'd trade every book I own for the right Tec 31.

That Tec 31 4.5 is the right copy... I'd love a 4.5 copy of that book...I'll be happy with one of the 4 4.0 copies that are out there somewhere...

You mean like this? :grin:

det31f.jpg

What about a 5.0?

DSC00435.jpg

Very nice Alex! :applause::applause::applause:

Okay, how about all three consecutive numbers. ;)

detective31.jpg

Stop messing up a perfectly good Adams thread with GA drek! :baiting:

Okay, back to Neal Adams goodness. :headbang:

001-4.jpg

:headbang:

Here's my 227. (Only pic on file - sorry for it being terrible :grin:)

IMG_1363.jpg

A 9.0 would hit the spot for me on a #227, sitting in a Mylites2 it would look just the business. My 8.0 will do as a placeholder for now.
I'd be very pleased with an 8.0. :cloud9: May have to settle for a cheap 7.0. :cry:

I'll put your name on the backing board if you want Dave for when I upgrade. :whistle:

Nice new avatar by the way. (thumbs u

Thanks. We'll see if I have any money when you upgrade. ;)

Put away $1 a week, by the time I have the money for a 9.0 you'll be laughing. :cry:

When I was young I got an anniversary book on Batman:

z02batmantotdk50years.jpg

It had a bunch of full color covers inside which included 244. Always a favorite of mine. Someone threw an affordable copy in the sale forum and I missed it by a minute.

Biding my time!

nothin wrong with a nice reader copy, besides you have the real deal. I'd trade all my BA books for a copy of Tec 31.

(thumbs u

I'd trade every book I own for the right Tec 31.

That Tec 31 4.5 is the right copy... I'd love a 4.5 copy of that book...I'll be happy with one of the 4 4.0 copies that are out there somewhere...

You mean like this? :grin:

det31f.jpg

What about a 5.0?

DSC00435.jpg

Very nice Alex! :applause::applause::applause:

Okay, how about all three consecutive numbers. ;)

detective31.jpg

Stop messing up a perfectly good Adams thread with GA drek! :baiting:

Okay, back to Neal Adams goodness. :headbang:

001-4.jpg

:headbang:

Here's my 227. (Only pic on file - sorry for it being terrible :grin:)

IMG_1363.jpg

That's a great looking copy. (thumbs u One of my goal is to complete at least the Detective and Batman Neal Adams run.

234's cover is very cool, far superior to the 232 IMO. I think it is the color scheme that I have a problem with on the 232.

Would people like the 232 more or less with a different color scheme?

Batman_232_difft.jpg

I don't mind the 232 brilliant green, but I also do like the C-51 Batman Treasury artwork as well. What if the Bats 232 were similarly colored?

234's cover is very cool, far superior to the 232 IMO. I think it is the color scheme that I have a problem with on the 232.

Batman_232_difft.jpg

I don't mind the 232 brilliant green, but I also do like the C-51 Batman Treasury artwork as well. What if the Bats 232 were similarly colored?

Thats pretty cool,better than the green. (thumbs u

Batman_232_difft.jpg

Thats pretty cool,better than the green. (thumbs u

+1 :applause:

Thanks for doing this.

The green of the original cover gives me eyestrain. I've always wanted to be able to focus easily on the shading in the background. :)

Batman_232_difft.jpg

I like the original green just fine, but this is a great looking color scheme! (thumbs u