• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Ok, who nabbed the Rocky Mountain 9.4? I know it was someone in this thread. It went for much less than what I thought it would go for. Kudos to the buyer.

:hi:

My wife is gonna kill me.

Nice buy. If your wife has to know, tell her you bought a white page pedigree! :headbang: I'm sure she'll understand :baiting:

RADB79482011512_182618.jpg

This will look good next to my 227, lost the bid on the Detective 405, if it's a boardie post a pic, but did win the Tec 400 on Qualitycomix auction for alot lower than I thought!

Great book. Oakland is a killer pedigree. I bid on one Oakland book and lost miserably.

Yeah, I considered that this might have been a 9.0 at one time. Being a sports card collector, any type of restoration is a big no-no for me. Then I thought, squished or not, it's a one good looking copy and whatever it was in a it's former life, it's a 9.4 now. It was actually the white pages that eventually sold me on it. This will stand proudly next to my 9.4 Bats 232.

teddie,

I thought it would go for at least 2K with the pedigree status and white pages. The one past sale on gpa for $845 was for a much bigger miswrap than the RM copy. So I was factoring the prior sale in the $1,400 range as a base price. Since it was a 9.0 and is now a 9.4, I'd agree, I see no chance of a 9.6.

your information is outdated at best, seriously flawed more likely. since the $1400 outlier in sept 09 there have been 9.4 sales of: $800 1/10, $801 9/10 and $845 11/10. there have been 9.6 sales of $2k 4/10, $1725 1/11 and $2k 1/11. so, the only way this price makes sense is if it can be further squished to a 9.6. anything's possible since it was a 9.0 not long ago.

Paperheart,

I gathered my info from GPA solely. On the 9.4, you are correct that the $1,400 was in 2009 and one lone sale reported in 2010 for $845. I know Comiclink sales are not reported on GPA, is that where you have the rest of your sales data from? There was also a 9.6 sale on Heritage on 2/24/11 for $2,390.00.

As far as making sense that is a matter of opinion. Pedigrees as you know normally command a premium, some moreso than others. I've seen many pedigrees command close to or the same price of the next grade up.

Please let me know where your additional 9.4 sales data is coming from. If the $800, $801 and $845 sales were all ow/w or white and centered, the buyers got great deals. If they were cr/ow or ow and miswraps, I can understand the lower figures.

Yeah, I considered that this might have been a 9.0 at one time. Being a sports card collector, any type of restoration is a big no-no for me. Then I thought, squished or not, it's a one good looking copy and whatever it was in a it's former life, it's a 9.4 now. It was actually the white pages that eventually sold me on it. This will stand proudly next to my 9.4 Bats 232.

It is a great looking book and congratulations!

Is there a reason that GPA doesn't keep track of c-link sales ?

CLink will only submit selective data to GPA, in other words they will only report high sales prices realised. They won't submit low prices realised as it's 'hurting the market' and they don't want to run the risk of promoting lower prices for their books.

George won't accept this, it's either all or nothing. Fair play to him.

CLink will only submit selective data to GPA, in other words they will only report high sales prices realised. They won't submit low prices realised as it's 'hurting the market' and they don't want to run the risk of promoting lower prices for their books.

I offered to submit all C-Link auction results to George for free after every auction if that is what it would take to get them included in GPA results. They are public domain prices realized after all. Anyone with an account can view them. George at GPA has intimated that Josh at Comiclink would not be happy about this, so he refused my offer. (shrug)

I offered to submit all C-Link auction results to George for free after every auction if that is what it would take to get them included in GPA results. They are public domain prices realized after all. Anyone with an account can view them. George at GPA has intimated that Josh at Comiclink would not be happy about this, so he refused my offer. (shrug)

I'm not sure how George collects his data from different sites, but I'm pretty sure he's not going to include information from a site that aren't 100% consenting. If CLink don't want to report all sales, George isn't going to take that information from a third party. Plus (and this is no personal slur on you), it would be possible for a third party to manipulate those figures before submitting, that's why George will never take information from boardies who've bought and sold on the boards.

I'm not sure how George collects his data from different sites, but I'm pretty sure he's not going to include information from a site that aren't 100% consenting. If CLink don't want to report all sales, George isn't going to take that information from a third party. Plus (and this is no personal slur on you), it would be possible for a third party to manipulate those figures before submitting, that's why George will never take information from boardies who've bought and sold on the boards.

Never thought about the data tampering aspect. That makes good sense.

Well, she's here. I can't get over how great this book looks in person. The back cover and edges of the pages are really WHITE. I've got two other books that's suppose to be white pages and they definitely don't look as good as this.

Here she sits next to my admittedly soft 9.4 Bats 232.

227+232.jpg

Obligatory family pic of my other Adams Bats.

all_batman.jpg

My fledgling comic book collection is now a whopping 48 comics! Woohoo :banana:

In case anyone is wondering about the other books:

Bats 251 = 9.0 white pages

Bats 244 = 9.2 ow/white pages

Bats 237 = 9.2 white pages

Bats 234 = 9.2 ow/white pages

Bats 245 = 8.5 ow/white pages (this one better than the grade)

Bats 255 = 8.5 ow/white pages

Bats 243 = 8.5 ow/white pages (this one better than the grade)

'Tec 410 = 9.4 ow/white pages

Edited by sgt_jarhead_99

In case anyone is wondering about the other books:

Bats 251 = 9.0 white pages

Bats 244 = 9.2 ow/white pages

Bats 237 = 9.2 white pages

Bats 234 = 9.2 ow/white pages

Bats 245 = 8.5 ow/white pages (this one better than the grade)

Bats 255 = 8.5 ow/white pages

Bats 243 = 8.5 ow/white pages (this one better than the grade)

'Tec 410 = 9.4 ow/white pages

OUTSTANDING Sarge! woohoooo!!! How the heck did you get the book that quickly?