• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #181 CGC 9.8...record GPA low

322 posts in this topic

I agree, I purchased multiple BA keys from comic mylars and he was decent to deal with.

Comicmylars is a stand-up (albeit overpriced) dealer - he's got nothing to do with the scams perpetrated by estate_liquidators77 (tsk)

Jump Ace, you nailed it with those two photos. Eventhough the serial numbers are different there is no doubt it is the same comic photo.

I called ebay this morning to complain and get my money back & they told me I can't even open a case for another week. I showed them the proof of the scam using the photos, and they understood but they said it had to follow the normal procedure. They assured me my money ($8701) is protected, but it may take a couple weeks to get it.

Todd

Take a camera to the post office and record yourself opening the package in front of US Post Office employees.

+1,000 - good advice

This is obviously a scam and take all precautions to cover your on this..

Hopefully Ebay suspends this guys account afterward... hopefully, but somehow doubtful...

I am still waiting on my 9.6 from this guy, but pretty sure I will get junk like the rest. I knew I was taking a big risk on this guy with the low feedback as a seller, but I could not resist. It's a good thing for ebay buyer protection. I spoke to them already and confirmed I am protected. I suggest that anyone else who dealt with this maggot does the same.

BTW this guy turned his feedback to private yesterday. I guess he didn't like that people are calling him a FRAUD!

I am still waiting on my 9.6 from this guy, but pretty sure I will get junk like the rest. I knew I was taking a big risk on this guy with the low feedback as a seller, but I could not resist. It's a good thing for ebay buyer protection. I spoke to them already and confirmed I am protected. I suggest that anyone else who dealt with this maggot does the same.

BTW this guy turned his feedback to private yesterday. I guess he didn't like that people are calling him a FRAUD!

Expose the loser, what is the name of the slime? They will be back soon with a another account.

I just received a Hulk 181 9.6 from this guy. Ran the numbers on CGC and it's a fake. :P

Do you have a picture? Was the slab cracked & the label swapped out?

Yes, I would also like to know how he sent you a fake. If the case is completely intact and the label / serial number does not match the book, then I think we all should be worried about our slabbed books. However, I have never heard of someone being able to fake a slabbed book without cracking the case. Actually, to swap a book, I think you have to crack at least one or two of the corners of the case.

Thanks.

Just re-reading the whole thread... wanted to make a quick note from an older post.

The Suscha News copy sold at auction for 10k on CC. It had perfect centering and WP. As more 9.8s come to market, it should be expected to see price drops. Not a question of lesser interest in the book, just basic economics really. Anyone willing to sell their 9.8 for under 10k, drop me a line...

GPA reports the Suscha News copy sold for $15K.

Just re-reading the whole thread... wanted to make a quick note from an older post.

The Suscha News copy sold at auction for 10k on CC. It had perfect centering and WP. As more 9.8s come to market, it should be expected to see price drops. Not a question of lesser interest in the book, just basic economics really. Anyone willing to sell their 9.8 for under 10k, drop me a line...

Nope.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=374594

OK ... It wasn't 10 but 11k and centering was almost perfect (good enough for me)

GPA need to get it's :censored: together.

Nope.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=374594

OK ... It wasn't 10 but 11k and centering was almost perfect (good enough for me)

GPA need to get it's :censored: together.

GPA is just fine. The book that CC sold on 12/03/2010 for $11,000 was then resold on 03/25/11 for a hefty profit at $15,001.

ComicConnect is not recorded at GPA.

Always check the dates of sale.

I could try to take pictures if it would help....I'm new here and I haven't figured out how to attach pics yet.

It would help.

Make an account at Photobucket, upload the pics, then click the "IMG code" bar. It will automatically copy the HTML required, and then paste it here. Voila! pics.

Yes, the slab is cracked. Also, the sticker on the top edge with the '9.6' is separate (cut in the middle) from the title 'Hulk 181'. The serial number doesn't matche the '9.6' but instead matches a '8.0'.

hm

How did you find that out? Did you run through all the grades on the verify certification grade box until you had one that hit?

CGC certs can't be verified without the exact cert number, issue number, AND grade now, and that's been that way since last year or so.

I just received a Hulk 181 9.6 from this guy. Ran the numbers on CGC and it's a fake. :P

Do you have a picture? Was the slab cracked & the label swapped out?

Yes, I would also like to know how he sent you a fake. If the case is completely intact and the label / serial number does not match the book, then I think we all should be worried about our slabbed books. However, I have never heard of someone being able to fake a slabbed book without cracking the case. Actually, to swap a book, I think you have to crack at least one or two of the corners of the case.

Thanks.

I inspect every book I buy for a crack or something suspicious. Sometimes I will crack a book and put it into a mylar. When I crack the book out I try cracking the cgc case without doing damage to the case, it never works(corners are compromised everytime). So I feel confident in CGC slabs and we aren't getting robbed with swapped books from others.

I could try to take pictures if it would help....I'm new here and I haven't figured out how to attach pics yet.

It would help.

Make an account at Photobucket, upload the pics, then click the "IMG code" bar. It will automatically copy the HTML required, and then paste it here. Voila! pics.

Let's see if this works:

http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h423/PolarSilver/