• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your San Francisco/Tom Reilly books
4 4

856 posts in this topic

Good for you, West! :applause: The SF/TR copies in your collection have grown impressively. (worship)

West has cornered the market on this pedigree. It takes all my will power to repel his efforts to get the paltry few I have.

:cry:

I just re-read Bob's letter to the editor in CBM 42 (I occasionally look at old stuff I've saved lol ). He says the Reilly stamp on the books was made by the newstand owner to separate out Reilly's books for his parents to pick up. Evidently it was not Tom's stamp...did anybody know that? I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread before.

Edited by tricolorbrian

I just re-read Bob's letter to the editor in CBM 42 (I occasionally look at old stuff I've saved lol ). He says the Reilly stamp on the books was made by the newstand owner to separate out Reilly's books for his parents to pick up. Evidently it was not Tom's stamp...did anybody know that? I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread before.

I didn't know it -- or knew it once and then forgot it! :D

Wonder why some books have the stamp and others don't?

Probably because Tom was in the war when the stamp was made...

Well, I could be wrong, but I don't think that the absence or presence of the stamp matches up with the dates he was supposedly in the war. I say "supposedly" because so far no Tom Reilly who fits the story has been identified.

At this point, I don't see how this story will ever be straightened out.

Good for you, West! :applause: The SF/TR copies in your collection have grown impressively. (worship)

West has cornered the market on this pedigree. It takes all my will power to repel his efforts to get the paltry few I have.

65a8ef22-0fea-4243-a3cd-969e98a8db54_zpsm7iz3k2u.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hm

I wouldn't trust a single thing that he had to say about the collection. It's a damn shame as he should have some fair points, but teasing out the few truths from his abundant lies and mis-recollections is impossible.

Well, be that as it may, he wrote a four page letter telling the whole story of how they got the comics. That was in 1996. Maybe his recollections have gotten distorted since then. Do you want me to scan the letter and post it?

Sure, but I first met him in 1996 and he was a liar then.

:facepalm:

There are a lot of collectors and dealers who are liars...but I thought we were trying to figure out this story. Let's just forget the whole thing. Everyone involved has got to be a liar, from Bob to Bud Plant to Bella Abzug (Not sure if she was involved, but she must have lied about something, after all she was a politician). I would think more info is better than less info...maybe I'm wrong. So, tell me why I should take the time to copy the story and post it...if he's just a liar...because i got better things to do. :sumo: Like show off my books... :whee:

Edited by tricolorbrian

:facepalm:

There are a lot of collectors and dealers who are liars...but I thought we were trying to figure out this story. Let's just forget the whole thing. Everyone involved has got to be a liar, from Bob to Bud Plant to Bella Abzug (Not sure if she was involved, but she must have lied about something, after all she was a politician). I would think more info is better than less info...maybe I'm wrong. So, tell me why I should take the time to copy the story and post it...if he's just a liar...because i got better things to do. :sumo: Like show off my books... :whee:

Well, I'd like to see it ....

(And I first met Bob around 1972.)

65a8ef22-0fea-4243-a3cd-969e98a8db54_zpsm7iz3k2u.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hm

I bet Sacentaur just shot his coffee threw his nose when he saw this. :grin: