• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con 2012

437 posts in this topic

uhg ... ... limited to 100 ... everyone is going to be after this thing... I wonder why this is not advertised on the ECCC webpage if not for going here I'd have no clue this was even at the con... Same with the penny for your soul exclusive , if I was not following them on face book I'd have no idea about that one either

Is there any chance someone would be willing to snag me a copy of this: Walking Dead ECCC Exclusive

I will gladly send payment prior to show (paypal).

+1.....anyone help me out? thanks.

+2 ... Will send prior payment via paypal as well. Thanks!

Considering the end of that article anyone requesting it be picked up should be paying the picker $150-200. 2c

I'll gladly pay that asking price for a copy. I'm on the east coast and there's no way I'm going to make this show. Each year I ask for some help with west coast show exclusives. My fingers are crossed that someone will help me this year as well.

If anyone is looking for hotels I just got the following Hyatt hotel for $139 on Priceline. Chose a 4 star hotel in district 11 (or 12, can't remember).

Hyatt At Olive 8

1635 8Th Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Looks to be one block from the convention centre.

R.

Is there any chance someone would be willing to snag me a copy of this: Walking Dead ECCC Exclusive

Considering the end of that article anyone requesting it be picked up should be paying the picker $150-200. 2c

I'll gladly pay that asking price for a copy. I'm on the east coast and there's no way I'm going to make this show. Each year I ask for some help with west coast show exclusives. My fingers are crossed that someone will help me this year as well.

Send me a pm. I'm going on Friday and I'm already picking up some stuff for someone else. I have no problem helping out provided I get the money up front and if I can't get what you're looking for I'll return it in full.

on this forum? good luck! people will expect you to pay for there entire trip lol

Comic, food, friends and more comics. How could it not be fun?

:ohnoez: I can hardly wait until Friday. If any of you see a woman wearing a vintage Archie Club pin, looking through either Archies or X-Men, that will probably be me!

Like there will be only one :baiting:

Yes, well, there is always the possibility that a twin, evil or otherwise, will show up from a parallel universe, on a mission to find those elusive early Archies in pristine condition before I do only to prevent me from finding them....

Other than that.... you can probably say "hi" and figure it's me. :hi:

the 5th doppleganger! :roflmao:

FYI for those of you that are going to the show. Bring your books for Tony at the END of each con day.

Tony Moore Emerald City Comic Con Schedule

Artist’s Alley Booth #P1

Friday, March 30

2:00-2:30PM Taking names for daily Commission Sketch Raffle

2:35PM Drawing three (3) names for Commission Sketch Raffle. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.

7:00PM General Signing Time at my booth. * Please note this is the ONLY time I will be signing books on Friday.

Saturday, March 31

10:00-10:30AM Taking names for daily Commission Sketch Raffle

10:30AM Drawing four (4) names for Commission Sketch Raffle. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.

5:00-7:00PM General Signing time at my booth * Please note this is the ONLY time I will be signing books on Saturday.

8:00-11:00PM ECCC Charity Art Auction – Benefiting Seattle Children’s Hospital. Room 2AB. I am donating the original art for my contribution to the Monsters & Dames 2012 book. Come bid high and often to help support a GREAT cause!

Sunday, April 1

10:00-10:30AM Taking names for daily Commission Sketch Raffle

10:30AM Drawing two (2) names for Commission Sketch Raffle* YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN*

4:00-5:00PM General Signing time at my booth * Please note this is the ONLY time I will be signing books on Sunday.

... limited to 100 ... everyone is going to be after this thing... I wonder why this is not advertised on the ECCC webpage if not for going here I'd have no clue this was even at the con... Same with the penny for your soul exclusive , if I was not following them on face book I'd have no idea about that one either

Why would a convention want to get its' fans riled up about something that only 100 people are going to get? It's one thing to have an exclusive so cool that it helps bring people to the convention. But chances are the show and Skybound themselves only realized recently that they'd have 100 to bring to the show, which is why we're only hearing about it now. Perhaps Skybound wants to reward people who follow them directly with this kind of information, same as penny for your soul.

... limited to 100 ... everyone is going to be after this thing... I wonder why this is not advertised on the ECCC webpage if not for going here I'd have no clue this was even at the con... Same with the penny for your soul exclusive , if I was not following them on face book I'd have no idea about that one either

Why would a convention want to get its' fans riled up about something that only 100 people are going to get? It's one thing to have an exclusive so cool that it helps bring people to the convention. But chances are the show and Skybound themselves only realized recently that they'd have 100 to bring to the show, which is why we're only hearing about it now. Perhaps Skybound wants to reward people who follow them directly with this kind of information, same as penny for your soul.

It's like getting a discount on your dinner.

:facepalm:

on this forum? good luck! people will expect you to pay for there entire trip lol

Here's my suggestion folks... WAIT FOR THE SAN DIEGO COMIC CON IN JULY WHEN THE FULL PRINT RUN IS RELEASED! :) Sheesh.. Kirkman will be there, hopefully Adlard will be there, and yes, Tony Moore will not be there, but I'm sure something could be worked out.

As for synch's comment, while I'm sure that's the perception among many of you, the fact of the matter is that going to shows costs money and time, and getting the fair market value for something you pick up for someone else is a REASONABLE request. My job in life is not to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars (and my time) to attend a show, lug very heavy hardcovers around with me, ship it to someone for cost (or cost plus the $10 or $20 tip), and that person could very well flip it for the market value a week later.

I know... I'll send you $100 in cash and you can send me back $300 after the show's over. That's fair, right? While you may not see that as a comparable example, I do. It's not like there's a huge stack of these where picking up one extra won't harm anyone. When someone agrees to buy one or two for other people, they're forfeiting the chance to enjoy it or recoup costs themselves. Now, if you're helping out someone who's helping you out later, that's different. And judging from the other posts here, there are some very nice boardies willing to give up their spots to help out others, which is great. I hope it works out and I encourage anyone to help out. I just want both parties to always understand the value of what's going on with a pickup like this...

(and sadly, no, I'm not going to this show so I can't help out anyone no matter what you want to pay. When it gets closer to the San Diego Con in July, maybe something can be worked out)

:facepalm:

:baiting:

That's funny. Perhaps the CBCA should have given all the members participating in the ECCC dinner a free Walking Dead comic book limited to the number of CBCA attendees.

:signfunny:

Jerome

Here's my suggestion folks... WAIT FOR THE SAN DIEGO COMIC CON IN JULY WHEN THE FULL PRINT RUN IS RELEASED! :) Sheesh.. Kirkman will be there, hopefully Adlard will be there, and yes, Tony Moore will not be there, but I'm sure something could be worked out.

As for synch's comment, while I'm sure that's the perception among many of you, the fact of the matter is that going to shows costs money and time, and getting the fair market value for something you pick up for someone else is a REASONABLE request. My job in life is not to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars (and my time) to attend a show, lug very heavy hardcovers around with me, ship it to someone for cost (or cost plus the $10 or $20 tip), and that person could very well flip it for the market value a week later.

I know... I'll send you $100 in cash and you can send me back $300 after the show's over. That's fair, right? While you may not see that as a comparable example, I do. It's not like there's a huge stack of these where picking up one extra won't harm anyone. When someone agrees to buy one or two for other people, they're forfeiting the chance to enjoy it or recoup costs themselves. Now, if you're helping out someone who's helping you out later, that's different. And judging from the other posts here, there are some very nice boardies willing to give up their spots to help out others, which is great. I hope it works out and I encourage anyone to help out. I just want both parties to always understand the value of what's going on with a pickup like this...

(and sadly, no, I'm not going to this show so I can't help out anyone no matter what you want to pay. When it gets closer to the San Diego Con in July, maybe something can be worked out)

The requests I received for ImageExpo were enlightening and disappointing. I received a number of PM's saying can you buy me this it costs $X. I'll send you that through PayPal right now. So I take the PayPal fee hit and spend my time making money for others. Fabulous.

I mentioned people in this thread offering $150-200 to boardies attending the show for a copy. I would personally do that everytime if I was going. I wouldn't care if someone sold it for $500 on eBay the next day. I don't mind being the middle man and leaving meat in the bone. It is also less time consuming to grab a copy and ship then deal with eBay.

We all have the same amount of time in a day folks. If you want someone to spend some of their time for you then offering incentive never hurts.

Synch is completely out of line. That's par for the course. There are many deals compared to FMV on these boards all the time.

Hey guys - Let's put these boards back on track...

Who wants to go bowling for the Hero Initiative?

Bowling with the Heroes

I can't attend but I want to support so I will purchase a ticket for a boardee who is attending.

The stipulation? If you win the raffle for the bowling pin...it is mine...

What do you guys say?

First :takeit: gets it.