• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Sorry Larry. I honestly don't remember.

100% agree. There are a ton of these, and this is in no way X-23's first app. I read somwhere that that test tube was just coincidence.
lol that test tube BS and people putting it in their sale title is a great way to assemble a list of sellers I dont want to buy from.

It's a like a hype/pump detector.

"read somwhere that that test tube was just coincidence"

link or proof please...

100% agree. There are a ton of these, and this is in no way X-23's first app. I read somwhere that that test tube was just coincidence.
lol that test tube BS and people putting it in their sale title is a great way to assemble a list of sellers I dont want to buy from.

link or proof please...

Really sounds like too much of a coinky-dinky to me . . . :grin:

The problem with the link I shared is that it's not marked as a reprint (and it has a corner that's a little messed up, so it's not a top-quality reprint). Buyer might be getting an unpleasant surprise.

So what's the news on Ex Machina? I had two copies listed @ 14.99 for a while, today 9 new watchers / 4 new best offers in an few hours time, before somebody snagged 1 buy it now... hm

Power of the speculation blog

http://comicbookspeculation.blogspot.ca/2014/10/101-dakoit-undervalued-pick-ex-machina-1.html

BKV - Saga & Private Eye are both top notch

Rucka - Lazarus has been incredible

Fraction - not all his stuff resonates with me (ex: Satellite Sam), but the stuff that does is incredible (ex: Hawkeye, Sex Criminals)

Larime Taylor - Voice in the Dark is remarkable

Brubaker - Fatale, Velvet, Fade Out, all superb.

To me BKV best was y last man and runaways.

I was cleaning out some boxes looking for X-force #2 the other night. I couldn't find boxes from those days but I did find a box that had Runaways 1-3, Harley Quinn 1-4, Ex Machina #1 (at least 15 copies), and a bunch of other stuff I thought would never be worth a lot once it didn't take off the first time. Lots of nice surprises. I found some old Wizard magazines and I swear someone is reading what they said would be hot back then and making it so. lol

Ex Machina was my favorite BKV run. Its another book I still buy everytime I find it like I don't have enough. lol

It makes my day. We were just talking about these books last week (9/30) in another thread. lol

I'm going digging for more stuff. :banana:

So what's the news on Ex Machina? I had two copies listed @ 14.99 for a while, today 9 new watchers / 4 new best offers in an few hours time, before somebody snagged 1 buy it now... hm

http://comicbookspeculation.blogspot.ca/2014/10/101-dakoit-undervalued-pick-ex-machina-1.html

I just read the blog. This guy blogs on CHU fairly regularly and I like his picks. He makes a super strong argument for this being undervalued. I bought this because of Y and I was never disappointed. I thought this was going to be a hit ( though it never seemed to get over the hump ) so I just kept buying it. :banana:

I just read the blog. This guy blogs on CHU fairly regularly and I like his picks. He makes a super strong argument for this being undervalued. I bought this because of Y and I was never disappointed. I thought this was going to be a hit ( though it never seemed to get over the hump ) so I just kept buying it. :banana:

I think there are a lot of us in the same boat. I have a good sized stack as well for the same reasons, and the book rocked, no matter the secondary market feelings. Stated print run of 2500? I have passed on many copies lately due to the fact that I have a decent amount already, and I see them regularly enough that I never would have guessed at that low of a print run.

Cheers!

link or proof please...

It is too much of a coincidence.

Whoever created the physical female form of X-23 really knew wolverines backstory and pulled " X-23" directly out of wolverine # 80, I don't see how it could have happened any other way.

For the record, I still think its dumb that the book is selling for more than a few bucks, whats the print run? 150k? It's just some DNA. The X-23 on the bottle wasn't meant to lead into the X-23 we know today, it was simply a really good writer pulling something from the past and making it into something. This is the market we live it currently however, so it is what it is. I would rather people be excited about comics than not be, so ill deal with it.

Edited by Silverdream

link or proof please...

Whoever created the physical female form of X-23 really knew wolverines backstory and pulled " X-23" directly out of wolverine # 80, I don't see how it could have happened any other way.

For the record, I still think its dumb that the book is selling for more than a few bucks, whats the print run? 150k? It's just some DNA. The X-23 on the bottle wasn't meant to lead into the X-23 we know today, it was simply a really good writer pulling something from the past and making it into something. This is the market we live it currently however, so it is what it is. I would rather people be excited about comics than not be, so ill deal with it.

I think it's great - the more excitement the better! :cloud9:

I've had #1-25 in a set for $15 at local shows for months now, and nobody has even looked twice at them. Always thought it was weird this was the only BKV series people didn't ask me for.

link or proof please...

Just FYI, X-23 was created for the TV show X-Men Evolution. The episode was written by Craig Kyle and Chris Yost. Neither of these guys wrote NYX #3, but they both wrote 'X-23' (2005), her first ongoing series which developed her backstory and origin.

As you say, It's highly unlikely they pulled the number 23 out of thin air. It's hard to think that anyone could remember a single, throwaway panel, but these guys would have done their homework.

It's a cool little retrospective easter egg if you're an X-23 fan.

I've had #1-25 in a set for $15 at local shows for months now, and nobody has even looked twice at them. Always thought it was weird this was the only BKV series people didn't ask me for.

I would gladly pay that price! :foryou: I've had to buy the tpb's (on #8 now) because I couldn't find the floppies here in Austin.