• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,772 posts in this topic

Ah. Good call. It's an American message board, American comic book, American grading company, American site the book is being sold on, and an American site keeping track of the data. I guess talking about books being sold in Canadian $ is the way to go. :insane:

Also, my bad. I just missed the Canadian $ thing. lol

Man. This reminds me of buying some art from a couple of guys in the UK recently. While negotiating I didn't realize the exchange was so bad. I was in for a rude awakening. I still went through with it because the deal was made, but man did I spend more than I originally planned.

$1 US greenback is worth about $1.38 Canadian loonies this week but the loon is on a sinking trend per usual. :boo:

To paraphrase a famous saying..."The people don't know what they want until you tell them what they want" :P

And Divad tells them what they want?

On occasion :grin: (but never for moderns . . . )

I think the concern is that the people supplying the demand are also the people creating the demand, or in partnership with them.

What's the difference between "supplying" demand and "creating" demand? :insane: Demand is demand. I don't think it means what you think it means. lol

hm

supplying = providing goods to meet existing demand

creating = manufacturing demand in the market where none previously existed

I think the concern is that the people supplying the demand are also the people creating the demand, or in partnership with them.

What's the difference between "supplying" demand and "creating" demand? :insane: Demand is demand. I don't think it means what you think it means. lol

hm

So by the latter you mean all of the SS people, and 90% of the people that post in this thread? :grin:

hm

So by the latter you mean all of the SS people, and 90% of the people that post in this thread? :grin:

If the shoe fits. My statement would have to be read in context. The context was in regards to spec websites pumping questionable books and then turning around and selling those books themselves to garner a quick profit. Creating demand is not necessarily a bad thing, its marketing. I don't have a problem with marketing. I have a problem with marketing based on a false or dubious premise.

$1 US greenback is worth about $1.38 Canadian loonies this week but the loon is on a sinking trend per usual. :boo:

:banana:

My collection has appreciated 20% due to the exchange rate alone since the start of the year.

GPA is missing some eBay sales looking at these. There are a couple selling higher than what they have on that list.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=OUTCAST%201%20CGC%209.8%20-SS%20-127%20-2%20-3%20-4&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

The $149 examples in that list all have "this item has been relisted" on the actual auctions.

hm

If the shoe fits. My statement would have to be read in context. The context was in regards to spec websites pumping questionable books and then turning around and selling those books themselves to garner a quick profit. Creating demand is not necessarily a bad thing, its marketing. I don't have a problem with marketing. I have a problem with marketing based on a false or dubious premise.

Neither do I. The "conflict of interest" is the issue. Just because some refuse to see it or are part of it doesn't mean its not there.

GPA is missing some eBay sales looking at these. There are a couple selling higher than what they have on that list.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=OUTCAST%201%20CGC%209.8%20-SS%20-127%20-2%20-3%20-4&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

The $149 examples in that list all have "this item has been relisted" on the actual auctions.

Crazy. I wish they would make it appear as unsold if they didn't receive the money. Thanks, (thumbs u

The ones you are talking about. GPA shows this book selling like below. The recent CGC sales are nowhere near what your average is. Are you talking about yellow labels or something? It's pretty much a $75-$85 book recently. It could certainly increase, but to say the book is averaging what you said it is is inaccurate.

(re: Outcast #1)

Yeah, this sounds about right. I'm not sure where this other data is coming from.

GPA shows

Jul-20-2015 $75

Jul-19-2015 $75

Jul-18-2015 $55 Cert# 0237359023

Jul-18-2015 $55 Cert# 0237359023

Jul-17-2015 $75

Jul-17-2015 $67 Cert# 1220857006

Jul-17-2015 $100 Cert# 0500050015

Jul-16-2015 $75 Cert# 0240884015

Jul-16-2015 $80 Cert# 0240505002

Jul-15-2015 $80 Cert# 0240505002

Jul-15-2015 $75 Cert# 1163000013

Jul-15-2015 $75 Cert# 1163000013

Jul-15-2015 $72

Jul-15-2015 $75

Jul-14-2015 $71 Cert# 1305315012

Which data are you unsure about? This data that you quoted or the data that I compiled from the sold eBay listings? I'm confused.

All of my prices were in Canadian (CDN), as mentioned in my post. $90 US currently equals around $115CDN plus shipping. So the average sale on ebay was around $150 CDN, which is around... $110US with shipping?

Edit: and yeah, I just noticed that you guys already caught on to the fact I was talking Canadian funds. Yes it's an American company and an American board, but there are plenty of us Canucks on here you know!

Edited by Greatest Lantern

Crazy. I wish they would make it appear as unsold if they didn't receive the money. Thanks, (thumbs u

Well he probably did receive the money. This listing does not say you will get the book pictured and the serial number is not visible. I do this all the time with my listings that use stock images.

Greg, are you saying that GPA does not include listings that say they were relisted in their pricing data? If so they have missed the last 50 sales of VEI CGC 9.8 books I have made this year.

On a side note... the Gwen Variant of Guardians of Knowhere is seeing a little bit of action. Less than the Squirrel Girl Venom.

1st appearance of Yotat the Destroyer of the Destroyer as well. This guy could be a player post Secret Wars. I hope so.

Lots of copies of the book though, might take a year or 2 before this one heats at all.

Um, which ones? Other than the one that just ended today and has not been updated in the system yet, all the others are in GPA. Can you point out which?