• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

justin finished the episode. great reveal. another great episode. this might be my favorite tv show. at worst, it's tied with walking dead.

It actually is panning out nicely.

I just finished watching the last episode.

Yeah, I think this show has legs. It's definitely a must-watch TV show now.

I'm waiting for the blonde accountant to become Black Canary
Just caught up with this show. I thought his love interest, Laurel, was Black Canary. (shrug)

She has the comic-characters name, Dinah Laurel Lance. And one episode had them remebering a halloween , joking about how she looked great in fishnets.

The show seems to be taking an Elseworlds approach with fresh takes on the comic characters. That gangster's daughter/assassin seems to be Huntress, introduced as Helena and wearing a cross.

Just caught up with this show. I thought his love interest, Laurel, was Black Canary. (shrug)

She has the comic-characters name, Dinah Laurel Lance. And one episode had them remebering a halloween , joking about how she looked great in fishnets.

The show seems to be taking an Elseworlds approach with fresh takes on the comic characters. That gangster's daughter/assassin seems to be Huntress, introduced as Helena and wearing a cross.

....yeah she is, and Laurel is Black Canary just not yet, they're very loose with the comic origins

Tommy Merlyn ring any bells? although i think we may find out he's named after his father ;)

That's my understanding as well.

Yes, BUT the blonde accountant has to be someone...Maybe she's evil

Felicity Smoak? or should i say Raymond

....yeah she is, and Laurel is Black Canary just not yet, they're very loose with the comic origins

Tommy Merlyn ring any bells? although i think we may find out he's named after his father ;)

Interesting. :popcorn:

Agree they're very loose and subtle, so spotting them is part of the fun. And so far there's no supernatural or metahuman story elements. Looks like they're going to play it straight, 'real world'.

:)

they should keep it real world, there are plenty of DC characters that dont use superpowers

Right. I was just thinking of Balck Canary's metahuman yell. So they'll restrict her to fighting prowess (already explained as "cop's daughter") and have to come up with a clever reason for the "Canary" tag.

Or not. I don't think anyone in the show has referred to Oliver as "Arrow" or "Green Arrow" yet. It's always "the hood" or "the vigilante" or "we found arrows at the scene".

Even the show's title, "Arrow", doesn't use "The", so it may not be a proper name, only a theme. Like they're going way out of their way to avoid using any of DC's superhero monikers. (although they did use "Deadshot")

Here's a good website that goes over all the confirmed villains on the show. Watch out for spoilers.

LINK

As far as I can tell, the blonde IT girl is just plain old Felicity Smoak (no powers, evil or otherwise).

Not too much is known about how Emily Bett Rickards will be portraying Felicity Smoak – but it’s been confirmed that she will also be a manager of a computer software company who takes up the fight to keep Starling City clean, in her own way. It’s also probably safe to say that the Firestorm connection will be eliminated, given that Arrow is trying to avoid going the super-powers route.