• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Just finished Episode 8.

I think the series is improving...things are starting to gel. Amell was a little stiff in the first few episodes, but he seems to be opening up in the role now. He's much more likeable.

Damn...I wish I had friends that said things like, "Don't worry, my trust fund is your trust fund." :)

I like Felicity Smoak, she's a quirky character on the show.

Am I the only one that knows the lemon juice ink trick? Why do you need high tech glasses? Oh well.

One more episode before the mid-season break. I don't like these breaks, they kinda ruin continuity.

Anyway, really good episode. Looking forward to the next one.

I agree overall. And yes, Felicity is interestingly quirky.

Where this episode let me down was the writing dealing with the Helena's reaction to Oliver after the impromptu foursome dinner. It felt very staged from the get go and it felt like the writer(s) had no real world relationship/human reaction experiences to draw on. I felt it was a very cheap way to setup Huntress for future appearances.

Otherwise, I think it is probably the best superhero tv show I have seen. I am impressed they have achieved what they have right out of the gate.

But as I had said a while back and others have also said, we need more Island flashbacks. There is a lot of potential there.

I agree. The characters aren't fully fleshed out yet. Hopefully this changes as the series progresses and the writers have more to draw from. :wishluck:

I found it to be ok at first but then i remembered this show didn't have a full season contract. Now it does so yeah I do think we going to see characters fleshed out. Plus geoff John's wrote some of the episodes.

Colton Haynes as been cast as...

Roy Harper(Speedy/Red Arrow) apparently a love interest for Thea

Anybody else tired of Thea?

She is kind of annoying.

i think she's supposed to be, i'll agree im getting annoyed of the one note appearances for now. She seems to appear, complain about Olly never opening up then leaves but the last episode and the new casting may give her something else to do. The problem with her i think is that because there are so many stories going on then she isn't getting much quality screen time

Colton Haynes as been cast as...

Roy Harper(Speedy/Red Arrow) apparently a love interest for Thea

Anybody else tired of Thea?

She is kind of annoying.

i think she's supposed to be, i'll agree im getting annoyed of the one note appearances for now. She seems to appear, complain about Olly never opening up then leaves but the last episode and the new casting may give her something else to do. The problem with her i think is that because there are so many stories going on then she isn't getting much quality screen time

I agree with you. Part of me is wondering if they are trying to make her be disliked so when they start to become chummy she can be the one no one will really care about that gets killed, but still is a monumentally huge plot device.

Also, I will admit, the unveiling in the last episode did surprise me a little bit. It was completely expected.

May be a wee bit behind (in this thread and UK showing) but I’ve just seen the episode where at the dinner table the quests are talking about calling the vigilante something different than “The Hood”.

Some one mentions Green Arrow and it’s knocked back completely as being rubbish………….I love it….and hey for all its faults I love the show as well (thumbs u

This is one of the shows I still look forward to watching every week. Like how it goes back to the island and gives you back story every episode.

the island flashbacks are really great, just hope they dont run out of them if they carry on a few season

Garfield could still comer back for me, he escaped death once...he was just getting good

This was the first episode that I thought was truly filmed as a comic book.

Almost every scene, especially the close-ups, looked like panels. The posing, the pacing, the dialogue, all contributed to the look.

I'm not sure how the general audience will react to this, but fans must love it. I don't think this has been tried to this degree before with any other show. I'm enjoying this.

Also, the Vigilante has turned the corner from criminal to hero now. Hunted by the police, yet loved by the public...essence of leather wings.