• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Just finished Episode 8.

I think the series is improving...things are starting to gel. Amell was a little stiff in the first few episodes, but he seems to be opening up in the role now. He's much more likeable.

Damn...I wish I had friends that said things like, "Don't worry, my trust fund is your trust fund." :)

I like Felicity Smoak, she's a quirky character on the show.

Am I the only one that knows the lemon juice ink trick? Why do you need high tech glasses? Oh well.

One more episode before the mid-season break. I don't like these breaks, they kinda ruin continuity.

Anyway, really good episode. Looking forward to the next one.

Huntress is set up well to just appear every once in a while to mix things up abit, missing some island stories the past few episodes

Yeah, I want to know more about what happened on the island. That's a great flash-back sub-plot going there.

Huntress is set up well to just appear every once in a while to mix things up abit, missing some island stories the past few episodes

Yeah, I want to know more about what happened on the island. That's a great flash-back sub-plot going there.

I would also like to see more about the Island but I'm also ok with them building the character out more.

My wife only watches for the pullups. It is funny how every episode he's in his HQ with his shirt off.

not necessarily my bag, but it mostly makes sense.

Thats his main training area, and he's used to living on a deserted island. And honestly with the phsysical stuff he's doing all day, he should (and does) spend a good portion of the day training.

Am I the only one that knows the lemon juice ink trick? Why do you need high tech glasses? Oh well.

I was a cub scout and a Gilbert Junior Chemist in the 50s thru early 60s (until pubescence hit). It was my recollection one used lemon juice AS the invisible ink, which was brought out by heat. I don't recall a process where lemon was used to juice bring out the invisible writing.

I was a cub scout and a Gilbert Junior Chemist in the 50s thru early 60s (until pubescence hit). It was my recollection one used lemon juice AS the invisible ink, which was brought out by heat. I don't recall a process where lemon was used to juice bring out the invisible writing.

You are correct... for once.

Just finished Episode 8.

I think the series is improving...things are starting to gel. Amell was a little stiff in the first few episodes, but he seems to be opening up in the role now. He's much more likeable.

Damn...I wish I had friends that said things like, "Don't worry, my trust fund is your trust fund." :)

One more episode before the mid-season break. I don't like these breaks, they kinda ruin continuity.

I agree overall. And yes, Felicity is interestingly quirky.

Where this episode let me down was the writing dealing with the Helena's reaction to Oliver after the impromptu foursome dinner. It felt very staged from the get go and it felt like the writer(s) had no real world relationship/human reaction experiences to draw on. I felt it was a very cheap way to setup Huntress for future appearances.

Otherwise, I think it is probably the best superhero tv show I have seen. I am impressed they have achieved what they have right out of the gate.

But as I had said a while back and others have also said, we need more Island flashbacks. There is a lot of potential there.

Your post now allows us to share something in common! :cloud9:

Your post now allows us to share something in common! :cloud9:

That's what I meant. The lemon juice is the ink, and heat turns it brown. :sumo:

We already saw OQ do this when he was tearing out pages from his notebook and putting them in the fire in one of the island flashbacks.

Just finished Episode 8.

I agree overall. And yes, Felicity is interestingly quirky.

Where this episode let me down was the writing dealing with the Helena's reaction to Oliver after the impromptu foursome dinner. It felt very staged from the get go and it felt like the writer(s) had no real world relationship/human reaction experiences to draw on. I felt it was a very cheap way to setup Huntress for future appearances.

Otherwise, I think it is probably the best superhero tv show I have seen. I am impressed they have achieved what they have right out of the gate.

But as I had said a while back and others have also said, we need more Island flashbacks. There is a lot of potential there.

I agree. The characters aren't fully fleshed out yet. Hopefully this changes as the series progresses and the writers have more to draw from. :wishluck: