• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

I have no idea who the Well Dressed Man actually is. I'm going to basically pull a guess out my butt and say Count Vertigo. I've done some looking and seen people theorizing it Vandal Savage all the way to Bruce Wayne (that made me kind of ).

1) I believe Vertigo is blonde. Can't be him.

2)Hair is too short for Savage. Probably not him.

3) I think Ollie and Bruce Wayne are about the same age. Not him either.

4) His character is called Well Dressed Man at IMDB. hm

Here's some statistics to put things into perspective.

The top 300 comic book titles average about 6.5 million copies per month.

Arrow's premier episode was watched by 4.1 million viewers. It's currently averaging about 3.35 million viewers per episode. That's about 14.4 million viewers per month.

So this one small show on one small network is viewed by roughly twice as many people as are in the entire comic book industry!

Just like more people saw the Watchmen movie then read the Watchmen graphic novel.

btw I am still liking Arrow (thumbs u

This has been a cool show. It's got a good feel to it and I like the characters. I'm not sold on the action just yet, but I've enjoyed the island plot and look forward to cross over characters in the future. Ultimately, it's great to see a comic show do this well. After the success of Arrow, I imagine that Hollywood is going to come to the conclusion that the Walking Dead was not a unique pearl and give more shots to more books (particularly in the down economy where they may not have to pay as much to develop work that's already been written in substantial part). It's great for the industry for this show to do so well and I can't wait to see if we get Thief of Thieves, Chew, Powers, Peter Panzerfaust or countless other comics on the small screen in the next 5 to 7 years.

Saw Episode 6 last night.

Not as solid as the previous episodes, but still watchable.

I was watching this and at the same time was selecting books to put in a short box as I was meeting some friends right after the show for beer and books.

I found myself far more interested in my comics than watching the show and I could't tell you what happened because it looked like nothing happened. Some guys in masks robbing banks, one Ollie seemed to know. Shrug.

I was watching this and at the same time was selecting books to put in a short box as I was meeting some friends right after the show for beer and books.

I found myself far more interested in my comics than watching the show and I could't tell you what happened because it looked like nothing happened. Some guys in masks robbing banks, one Ollie seemed to know. Shrug.

it was the Royal Flush gang

they seemed to have Olly as Arrow quite alot in this one due to him being

housebound

last episode, episode 5 was pretty dialogue driven so this one amped up some action

it was the Royal Flush gang

they seemed to have Olly as Arrow quite alot in this one due to him being

housebound

last episode, episode 5 was pretty dialogue driven so this one amped up some action

Arrow-Dig-and-Oliver.jpg

The beginning was good, and I liked the training with Diggle part, but it seemed to go slightly downhill from there.

I hope they don't screw this show up - it has potential.

I had forgotten about this show and while perusing the boards remembered it. So I watched it from the Pilot to the current episode in one shot. (I had a busy morning/afternoon and wanted to veg). Its not bad, but it does feel a bit like SMALLVILLE. Some of the plot points could have been written into a soap opera verbatim, though.

My main frustration is the sprinkling of The Island scenes. I'd love an episode that really focused on that, but I suppose if they DID do that the anticipation would be lost.

The whole Diggle/Oliver interaction was most enjoyable.

Action scenes I enjoy very much, unrealistic or not. I am a fan of wuxia and the fight scenes put me in mind of that. The fact that his mentor on the island, Yao Fei, is played by Byron Mann (originally Chan), who is of Chinese descent, contributes to the feel.

I will continue to watch and see where it goes. My main concern is a lack of knowledge about some of the characters being mentioned like Deathstroke, etc. Even in my collecting heyday I was more focused on precode/prehero.

I will continue to watch and see where it goes. My main concern is a lack of knowledge about some of the characters being mentioned like Deathstroke, etc. Even in my collecting heyday I was more focused on precode/prehero.

you dont really need to know, they're not being faithful to the comics with them anyway

you dont really need to know, they're not being faithful to the comics with them anyway

Thanks for that! (thumbs u

last episode was good

a nice reveal that i didn't see coming with Tommy's father, too many people know who Olly is for me though, granted its only 2 but from only 7 episodes, 1 I can understand because otherwise he'd spend alot of time alone and its hard to get a story going without dialogue, Huntress finding out kinda makes me think Diggle is going bye bye but at this rate we can expect 4 more to find out his identity before the end of season 1, hopefully no one else finds out this season

Edited by Maccai3

I like this tv series. I am always drawn to the heroes without really any super powers and just have plain skills. Green Arrow is one of the DC characters I like in which I am usually a Marvel person.

Now if they are able to pull off this show in a vigalante style like this they should be able to do Moon Knight!

:P