• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,886 posts in this topic

Here´s some goodies I got recently

Hulks1.jpg

German (Thanks Iscomics),. Portuguese, German reprint

AranhasDistri.jpg

First 4 #´s from Portuguese

demolidorBloch.jpg

Brazilian

aranha911.jpg

Portuguese 9/11 tribute comic

Conan1.jpg

Portuguese Conan 1

ThorDistri.jpg

Portuguese

hulkbloch.jpg

Brazilian

ebalduende.jpg

Brazilian

Aranhas1.jpg

ASM 1 German, Brazilian (Thanks Chespirito)

Hulk181.jpg

Hulk 181 German reprints.

Oh my guys...... You are really stepping it up a notch! (worship)

Nice set of Fantastic four 48 variants….

And the batch you got from Hector is great LSC! That French 227 is freakin great! (thumbs u

And the group you have brought to bear Nuno is sweeeeeettttt that Brazilian 1st Spiderman is freakin sweat inducing. Even with the condition issues.... God I love the EBAL books…. Sooooo freakin cool! :o

Edited by Define999

My search is over, I have found the Greek ASM 300....my biggest challenge, my greatest obstacle, my latest thriumph..... :cloud9: :cloud9:

Pictures to be posted in a week or two... :whee:

Yes, even though I couldn't understand all of the words, the humor was obvious. Are you aware of any English translations of this series? I would love to find some.

As far as I know Mortadelo y Filemon (a little masterpiece) have never been translated in English. I think the series is quite often reprinted in Spain, anyway. Besides the italian edition I have a hardback copy of an issue which is a late-1990s reprint.

ff1blue.jpg

Love this, Andy.

Unfortunately in Italy we have never had an issue of the Fantastic Four using the actual cover of #1.

The first issue had this cover:

Fantastici-Quattro-copertina-1-660x1024.jpg

The oversized reprint, a few years later, had this:

f4_gigante_corno_0001.jpg

which is better, but I’m still missing the #1…

You have got to love the covers of those magazine-edition reprints, anyway.

They allowed we italian readers to see for the first time – for example – the original Avengers covers:

vendicatori%20gigante%202.jpg

Other magazine-sized publications (of original material) included Il Corriere della Paura (with silver age horror titles like Dracula and Tales of the Zombie), and gli Eterni (including, besides the Eternals, Nova, Omega the Unknown, Deathlok, the Guardians of the Galaxy and others).

A cover featuring Nova:

ETERNI13.JPG

A Classic Cover ....

181733_o030.jpg

I am sooooo jealous. I've been looking for one of these since I first started collecting foreigns. I saw one listed on ebay but it had writing on the cover and was signed by Adams so the only way to get it SS would be to have him sign it again.

A Classic Cover ....

181733_o030.jpg

I am sooooo jealous. I've been looking for one of these since I first started collecting foreigns. I saw one listed on ebay but it had writing on the cover and was signed by Adams so the only way to get it SS would be to have him sign it again.

I cannot see it on my computer, what is it a cover of????and from what country??? :popcorn: :popcorn:

Editorial Novaro - Batman #601 (GL #76 cover)
:o :o :o :o

I have never seen it before....Geez man, I really really really wish I could see it... :(

Someone have mercy on this soul and send it to me via e-mail ...pleeease!

Great stuff, everyone!

This is a rare swedish album released by Carlsen in 1979. They made two albums of which this is the first, it's ridicilously hard to find - the second one is more common. It has a very thick, heavily laminated cover and excellent paper quality, but since it is glue bound the pages are prone to detach from the spine if the album is opened more than 70 degrees. This is one of the few that apparently has not been read since all pages are attached! Also, the good news for you is that this is my double, so if you have anything interesting to trade, let me know!

008auu.jpg

This is a rare swedish album released by Carlsen in 1979.

Also, the good news for you is that this is my double, so if you have anything interesting to trade, let me know!

008auu.jpg

Keep that on ice for me...I think I might be getting something you might like to have...give me two weeks, keep it safe for me... ;)