• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2013!!! JUNE 7-9

403 posts in this topic

Well, what are the odds? Last year while at Heroes with my family, Tropical Storm Debbie slammed into my part of Florida and dropped record rainfall that people were still drying out from three months later. A tornado dropped into our backyard and ripped through our pool enclosure. This year its Andrea, forming and moving just as we leave the state and dropping lots of rain and wind in almost the exact same path.

Just can't win. :P

With all that is going on outside and around the city, I am finally on the exhibitor line waiting to get in. Looks like I have to pass the time somehow.

It also seems like they are blocking some parts of the city for later this morning or afternoon.

With all that is going on outside and around the city, I am finally on the exhibitor line waiting to get in. Looks like I have to pass the time somehow.

It also seems like they are blocking some parts of the city for later this morning or afternoon.

You can always work on your people skills.

You can always work on your people skills.

My peep skills are fine, now I just got a little agitated from the staff by the load in area, they are saying that we are suppose to get in by noon

Didn't Sheldon newsletter say 10 am. There are 2 dealers behind me that said the same thing.

10 am was the announcement.

You have a smartphone. Show them the announcement

We did, said that they are just doing what is told. But they are going to see what they will do, there is a lot of PO'd dealers here now

We did, said that they are just doing what is told. But they are going to see what they will do, there is a lot of PO'd dealers here now

Serenity now.

Ugh, flooding rains expected here in eastern NC later today through tomorrow. I was planning on getting up early to be in the doors at the opening but now I think I will miss the 1st half of Friday. Driving 3 hours in heavy downpours doesn't sound too fun.

Shelton can't be too happy with this mess. Ugly weather always affects convention turnout.

As a heads-up after the Friday Con Dinner myself and some of my distinguished

associates will retire at some adjoining rooms at the Westin for some comic

talk and fine adult beverages.

Board members and friends are more than welcome to join us.

Talk to me at the dinner or shoot me a pm if you would like and

I'll let you know the room numbers.

(thumbs u

Ugh, flooding rains expected here in eastern NC later today through tomorrow. I was planning on getting up early to be in the doors at the opening but now I think I will miss the 1st half of Friday. Driving 3 hours in heavy downpours doesn't sound too fun.

Shelton can't be too happy with this mess. Ugly weather always affects convention turnout.

come on out brother!

I'm sure Obama will hold an umbrella for you.

:grin:

Since I won't be able to make it there until Saturday due to work and I'll have my 4 year old grandson with me. If anyone has a Batman 232 in a 7.5 to 8.5 condition at a decent price to let me know. I would perfer an unslabbed copy so that I can read it; I know I'm one of them; in that; I actually do like to read the stories; not just look at the front and back cover :)

Thanks,

Psy

Serenity now.

They said that they didn't get any notification from anyone,

Bottom line, no one is getting in until 12

If anything changes I will post an update

Serenity now.

That stinks.

Serenity now.

That stinks.

It does, this will give me more time to think, maybe over think. This could be dangerous.

Since I won't be able to make it there until Saturday due to work and I'll have my 4 year old grandson with me. If anyone has a Batman 232 in a 7.5 to 8.5 condition at a decent price to let me know. I would perfer an unslabbed copy so that I can read it; I know I'm one of them; in that; I actually do like to read the stories; not just look at the front and back cover :)

Thanks,

Psy

i think I brought one but not sure if it is a 7.5. It is raw but I didn't look at it to closely

Serenity now.

call shelton or Karla.

This is why I am still in bed... I will wait till 2-3pm and just stroll on in like last year :cloud9: