• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

1) Reading and being a fan of the stories is not that same as believing it is the sole reason comics still exist (which is part of the argument being throw about right now)

Who made THAT argument? Show me who made that argument.

2) If you really are such a believer, why own only a lowly 9.6? With such a disproportionate number of the comics in 9.8 (versus other "popular" books), why wouldn't you really put your money where your mouth is?

Because slabs are not what makes something relevant. 9 year old kids walking into my store and seeing a picture of the actor who played Shane and recognizing him as 'Shane from the Walking Dead'... that does. I find that amazing. And yet I see it regularly.

If you're argument is, will 9.8 #1 be worth more in 10 years or after the show ends... the answer can only be... who gives a crud.

If you're argument is, has Walking Dead reached into the cultural consciousness of our society... the answer is yes. You can deny it all you want. But it has.

The purpose of the thread is to discuss when (or if) the pricing bubble will bust on TWD 1. If you don't give a "crud" about what a stabbed 9.8 will be worth, why are you posting?

Especially with such aggression and absolution?

Interesting... here I thought I was being calm and definitive and you were the one being aggressive and absolute.

There is no absolute answer on the long term price of the 9.8 #1.

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

:shrug:

You came into the thread, replied to several posts and capitalized words or used sarcasm to belittle the points others were attempting to make. Your positioning is aggressive and you attempt to diminish others (either directly or through their point of view).

From what I can see this is very typical of your posting style and it is pretty clear you are an arrogant jerk and not worth my time.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Pot meet kettle.

In between my post on 11/07 and what I posted yesterday, here are some of your quotes:

Book is doing so well people are shilling to new low prices and then delisting when no-one bites...?

Sarcasm

Yep, I am sure thousands of today's youth will wake up in 20 years and be nostalgic for a zombie comic book that the show they watched was based on... This notion is beyond ludicrous.

Sarcasm. Belittling the points others were attempting to make.

Are you really comparing Walking Dead to Fantastic Four? Come on, even drunk on a Sunday that is beyond a stretch.

Demeaning

People are way over-selling its "importance" as a comic book series. It isn't the second coming of Christ of comic books...

Belittling the points others were attempting to make.

You're right, the average 12 year old completely understands the humanity of the stories and their struggle to cope as they survive. They don't just see dead people getting blow-up or swords and say "Cool!"

More sarcasm.

But I get it. Capitalized words are scary.

1) Reading and being a fan of the stories is not that same as believing it is the sole reason comics still exist (which is part of the argument being throw about right now)

2) If you really are such a believer, why own only a lowly 9.6? With such a disproportionate number of the comics in 9.8 (versus other "popular" books), why wouldn't you really put your money where your mouth is?

Because slabs are not what makes something relevant. 9 year old kids walking into my store and seeing a picture of the actor who played Shane and recognizing him as 'Shane from the Walking Dead'... that does. I find that amazing. And yet I see it regularly.

If you're argument is, will 9.8 #1 be worth more in 10 years or after the show ends... the answer can only be... who gives a crud.

If you're argument is, has Walking Dead reached into the cultural consciousness of our society... the answer is yes. You can deny it all you want. But it has.

The purpose of the thread is to discuss when (or if) the pricing bubble will bust on TWD 1. If you don't give a "crud" about what a stabbed 9.8 will be worth, why are you posting?

Interesting... here I thought I was being calm and definitive and you were the one being aggressive and absolute.

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

You came into the thread, replied to several posts and capitalized words or used sarcasm to belittle the points others were attempting to make. Your positioning is aggressive and you attempt to diminish others (either directly or through their point of view).

From what I can see this is very typical of your posting style and it is pretty clear you are an arrogant jerk and not worth my time.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Pot meet kettle.

In between my post on 11/07 and what I posted yesterday, here are some of your quotes:

Book is doing so well people are shilling to new low prices and then delisting when no-one bites...?

Sarcasm

Yep, I am sure thousands of today's youth will wake up in 20 years and be nostalgic for a zombie comic book that the show they watched was based on... This notion is beyond ludicrous.

Are you really comparing Walking Dead to Fantastic Four? Come on, even drunk on a Sunday that is beyond a stretch.

Demeaning

People are way over-selling its "importance" as a comic book series. It isn't the second coming of Christ of comic books...

You're right, the average 12 year old completely understands the humanity of the stories and their struggle to cope as they survive. They don't just see dead people getting blow-up or swords and say "Cool!"

More sarcasm.

You're right, I am not perfect...but there is a difference between my posts and yours.

However I don't think you will ever see it.

You-Got-Served-youve-been-service-of-process.gif

Don't know what "bottom" might be for WD comics, but rest assured it will go down, significantly. If we're already seeing a drop in prices, and I think most agree we are, and the show is still red hot, what's going to happen when there is no show? Merchandising is limited for the property, and zombies won't be the "in" thing forever. Might be fading now.

Remember, book is only at the level it is because of the show. That drove many to dip their toe into the comic waters to pick up back issues and current issues. For people that haven't been into comics before, they're one and done. Not like they're crossing over to other books.

My guess is, couple years after show is off air, the lack of interest in the property will cause a sell-off. Less demand, higher supply, Econ 101 tells us what will happen to values.

IMO, of course, but pretty confident.

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Pot meet kettle.

Sarcasm

Demeaning

More sarcasm.

You're right, I am not perfect...but there is a difference between my posts and yours.

And you'll never explain it. Because you can't.

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Pot meet kettle.

Sarcasm

Demeaning

More sarcasm.

Not hardly.

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Pot meet kettle.

Sarcasm

Demeaning

More sarcasm.

lol

And there you are again. Belittling the points of others, and piling on.

Is that still being better than me? Or are we on an even level yet?

Chuck may be a lot of things, but an arrogant jerk is not one of them. He puts more thought into any one of his posts than most boardiots do in 400 posts.

I'm telling ya... capitalized words scare the heck out of some people.

Capitalized words never scared me. Marsupials do, 'cause they're fast!

The show ending won't impact the value of the book. Lots of shows end and still retain popularity in reruns, movies, merchandise. Star Trek became more popular after it was cancelled. This book is not dropping in value, ever.

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Pot meet kettle.

Sarcasm

Demeaning

More sarcasm.

And you'll never explain it. Because you can't.

:shrug: I don't think you can/will see the difference so elaborating isn't productive. Net, I really don't feel it's necessary to continue on with you.

I am guessing this isn't worth your time either.

Oh no... the minute I called you out on the straw argument of "Reading and being a fan of the stories is not that same as believing it is the sole reason comics still exist (which is part of the argument being throw about right now)", I knew the discourse was over.