• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2022 at 10:14 PM, Iceman399 said:

Aug 12 Econ still MIA (I don't have the submission number, just the order number and it won't let me find it that way) :sorry: 

Same here....18 book Economy Tier order, 8/12/2021 - still SFG 

On 5/11/2022 at 10:08 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I had a 1 book ST Econ sub that was delivered on 7/26, received at CGC 7/27 (part of an order with a WK), and this book was shipped back to me on 3/11/2022.

I wonder if mixing it in with a WK made it move faster since they opened the package immediately?  

My Econ sub was delivered 5/30, but wasn't "opened and SFG" until 8/11.

Technically, your econ sub was "delivered" almost 2 months after mine, but was "opened" 2 weeks before mine.

Maybe the lesson is that we all need to write WK on ALL of our submissions (or at least include 1 WK comic with our orders)

On 5/12/2022 at 9:43 AM, optimal_max said:

My last 3 modern no-press orders have been under 4 months.  The grading has been noticeably stricter, but the times have improved.

No fast pass I assume?  Same for me as stated above.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:51 AM, gadzukes said:

I wonder if mixing it in with a WK made it move faster since they opened the package immediately?  

My Econ sub was delivered 5/30, but wasn't "opened and SFG" until 8/11.

Technically, your econ sub was "delivered" almost 2 months after mine, but was "opened" 2 weeks before mine.

Maybe the lesson is that we all need to write WK on ALL of our submissions (or at least include 1 WK comic with our orders)

Honestly, I would not just write WK on a box if you have no WK submissions. They might get pissed and place your books even further in the que for grading.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:51 AM, ak47po said:

Screenshot (37).png

Last month they were a good 2-3 weeks behind on opening boxes each week. Now they seem to be getting to almost a month behind here in a few days.

I have a feeling that they are shifting some focus to the backlog. With the new submissions coming in, regardless of if it is Modern/FT, WK, EX that those are on delay too. I know this because my Walkthrough is past the TATs that they are advertising and advertised when they received my books.

I just don't think they have a good solution here on how to move forward. They slowdown even the "Express" services to try and catch up on the backlog, but then you off those that are paying that premium.....then on the flip side, you have people with books that have been sitting there since 2020/2021.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:27 AM, captainzombie said:

Honestly, I would not just write WK on a box if you have no WK submissions. They might get pissed and place your books even further in the que for grading.

I agree, but.... if you have a WK book to submit I think it might be a good strategy to submit some Econ books with it.  

On 5/12/2022 at 10:35 AM, gadzukes said:

I agree, but.... if you have a WK book to submit I think it might be a good strategy to submit some Econ books with it.  

I have done that with my modern fast tracks where I also submit them with the WK. It does get all of the books in the system, but as I have noticed these last 2 weeks it isn't doing anything to move those to get graded any faster with these last set of changes that they have made in their direction to clean up some of the backlog.

I'm planning to send out another batch of books next week, but afraid with the current TATs that we may not see those for a long time. LOL!

Last month they were a good 2-3 weeks behind on opening boxes each week. Now they seem to be getting to almost a month behind here in a few days.

I don't think that "Now opening CGC comic packages..." date means much.  I sent in a MFT submission that was delivered to CGC on 4/19 and I received it back Monday (5/9).  

On 5/12/2022 at 8:27 AM, captainzombie said:

I have a feeling that they are shifting some focus to the backlog. With the new submissions coming in, regardless of if it is Modern/FT, WK, EX that those are on delay too. I know this because my Walkthrough is past the TATs that they are advertising and advertised when they received my books.

I just don't think they have a good solution here on how to move forward. They slowdown even the "Express" services to try and catch up on the backlog, but then you off those that are paying that premium.....then on the flip side, you have people with books that have been sitting there since 2020/2021.

they opened my MFT box yesterday..delivered on May 4th..so they are a week behind..unless they are not opening in chronological order

Edited by Ed Hanes

Sent back two books using ME, one was broken when shipped back to me and the other had really bad Newton rings. 

Entered into SFG on April 14, and went to G/E/I about a week later. 

Shifted to QC and then shipped both on 12 May 2022. 

I'm very happy with the turnaround time. It weirdly went in G/E/I fast and then sat there, but the bottom line is it is being sent back quickly and faster than promised.  

.....then on the flip side, you have people with books that have been sitting there since 2020/2021.

2021, yes. I have quite a few from 2021 especially post price change announcement and pre actual price change.

BUT 2020???? That would absolutely ludicrous. Can anyone confirm this? 

I haven't mentioned the special circle of hell one other book is in...mcs sent it out to cgc for reholder. That is a double TAT whammy; it went into a black whole months ago. Master Comics 36!

On 5/12/2022 at 11:43 AM, Bird said:

I haven't mentioned the special circle of hell one other book is in...mcs sent it out to cgc for reholder. That is a double TAT whammy; it went into a black whole months ago. Master Comics 36!

MCS as in mycomicshop?