• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.

Just heard this.

Had to pop in today to see what the experts had to say.

:banana:

don't bet on ''unmolested'' versions of the original trilogy anytime soon.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/30/fox-retain-rights-to-all-existing-star-wars-films/

I wonder why then FOX (who are $ whores as well) do not release those 3 movies then and make millions.

What are they waiting for?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/30/fox-retain-rights-to-all-existing-star-wars-films/

I wonder why then FOX (who are $ whores as well) do not release those 3 movies then and make millions.

Because Star Wars fans buy every craptastic Star Wars product that comes out, even if it's NOT the original trilogy. SW fans are like kids on allowance day - as soon as something comes out, regardless of quality, they buy it.

Because Star Wars fans buy every craptastic Star Wars product that comes out, even if it's NOT the original trilogy. SW fans are like kids on allowance day - as soon as something comes out, regardless of quality, they buy it.

Right, but that didn't answer my question then.

Why hasn't fox jump on the money train yet?

To the folks that think $4B is light for the purchase of Lucasfilm, why?

Didn't the Marvel purchase cost Disney approximately $4B? Did anyone think that was light?

Also, doesn't Disney own the Muppets too?

Lucas is crazy to sell something that has the potential to sell in perpetuity. Lucas has re-released the first film at least a couple of times and made 100's of millions on the re-release. The original Star Wars first three are on a short list of movies I would go see over and over again on the big screen.

Now that Disney has it you can expect the onflux of rides, merchandising, spin off movies and even Broadway shows. ANYONE for Darth Vader singing and dancing on Broadway.

HOW could you sell something so important? I guess Lucas can hang out with Mr Stan Lee

It's always been George who has been blocking this move. It will happen at some point...

Is Lucas blocking Fox from release the original trilogy?

A nice cleaned up version yes. It has been George doing this, but now "Your powers are weak old man."

To the folks that think $4B is light for the purchase of Lucasfilm, why?

Didn't the Marvel purchase cost Disney approximately $4B? Did anyone think that was light?

Also, doesn't Disney own the Muppets too?

Lucas is crazy to sell something that has the potential to sell in perpetuity. Lucas has re-released the first film at least a couple of times and made 100's of millions on the re-release. The original Star Wars first three are on a short list of movies I would go see over and over again on the big screen.

Now that Disney has it you can expect the onflux of rides, merchandising, spin off movies and even Broadway shows. ANYONE for Darth Vader singing and dancing on Broadway.

HOW could you sell something so important? I guess Lucas can hang out with Mr Stan Lee

$4 billion dollars worth of crazy. Lucas is 68, this could motivated by estate planning concerns.

This thread has me thinking, maybe they are waiting for him to pass before they do it. Sell version to die hard fans now, re-release proper version when he dies to get all die hards plus the nostalgic he just died peoples money as well.

When Whitney Houston died one of my local music shops actually had a sign that said they were sold out of her albums. Maybe FOX is biding their time.

Unfortunately,thats wrong.

I am a Star wars fan of the original trilogy.I did not buy the crappy Blurays and when a whole bunch of us mentioned it in hometheaterforum,people kept saying we would give in at some point when the price would go cheap.

To this day i stick to what i believe and that is :

This is not the Star wars i grew up with.

The changes are ridiculous and affect a lot of the storytelling.

I will not buy this at 30,20 or 10 bucks.Not even as a free Xmas gift.

Simply not the SW i know.Very simple.

When i make an analogy that it was like a civil war in that place,i'm not kidding ya.Before they came out and after.About 20 threads of it.Theres still a bit of ashes from the flamewars.Plural.

This isn't true though. I'm a huge SW fan and am still waiting for them to release the originals on Blu Ray before I buy them. It seems like there are a lot of us that are waiting.

They should really release it.

I remember reading after the Special Edition that Lucas swore he'd never release another version of the film on home video. He said the SE was the way he intended the film to be released.

So who knows who is blocking the release...