• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

Sorry if I offended you. I wasn't implying you were trying to boost sales.

No worries. :foryou:

:gossip: Now what book you want to boost next? :whee:

:banana:

Seriously, I don't think what is said on these boards has an impact whatsoever on the marketplace-at-large. :sumo: It's a far bigger world out there than you think.

Seriously, I don't think what is said on these boards has an impact whatsoever on the marketplace-at-large. :sumo: It's a far bigger world out there than you think.

You know, it would be easy enough to find out! Take a completely useless book featuring the 1st appearance of some throwaway character. Throw out some "facts" about a movie announcement with said character. My bets are on that book generating heat. If you could get a couple of boardies to go in with you on the scam, I wouldn't be surprised if the book took off in price. hm

As an experiment, it would be interesting to see the results. Just not sure how people would treat the person who starts the rumor, especially if real money is spent on the book...

I would prefer to talk/ read about comics and history etc. without worrying about values. I have been in this hobby since before many folks were a twinkle in their parents' eyes. There was a time when value and how much something was worth was important to me, my collecting grew past that.

Simply put people are using this thread to cash in on trends and make a quick buck, whether it be running to the lcs and grabbing all the copies then can in order flip on ebay or dump the books they have. Typically, its the 1st scenario from what I see.

This thread is for discussion for books selling well on eBay.

The point of this thread is to make people money or at least give them the opportunity to do so. Not sure why you would complain about that in a thread where that is the specific purpose of said thread.

It wasn't even a day after X-Men #4 was first brought up here that someone was looking for a 9.8 in the WTB section. doh!

Not the first time that has happened.

Yes, but that's intra-community stuff, not the real world. It's why I sell most of my books on eBay (aside from all the cheapskates around here :insane: )

You know, it would be easy enough to find out! Take a completely useless book featuring the 1st appearance of some throwaway character. Throw out some "facts" about a movie announcement with said character. My bets are on that book generating heat. If you could get a couple of boardies to go in with you on the scam, I wouldn't be surprised if the book took off in price. hm

As an experiment, it would be interesting to see the results. Just not sure how people would treat the person who starts the rumor, especially if real money is spent on the book...

I think someone already did that, with New Mutants #98.

hm

I think someone already did that, with New Mutants #98.

hm

lol

I heard they are making an Amalgam movie!!!

Don't laugh but Legends of the Dark Claw has actually sold well recently.

I can see that. I've just been flicking through a copy. Talk about a fun comic. Dark Claw, Hyena, Sparrow, Huntress, Bill Clinton. Great stuff. :)

I don't think the entire Copper forum has turned into "what book is worth what now?"

This thread, however, was that from the start.

:shrug:

Although some have dropped back a few pages because the discussion ran its course, these were the more active threads.

This one is mainly about how much these books are going to bring in, and for how long.

X-Factor 5 & 6

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term

Copper - borderline modern collection...what would you offer?

Going to check out a copper collection right now.

So, now with Copper being HOT, is it okay to overpay for a Copper collection?

agreed!

New Mutants 87 and X-Factor 24 appears to be heating up.

Disney can't keep rehashing the same 4 silver age A list avengers so I expect X-men Blue Chip characters to carry the weight the next 20 or so years in films.

Already my children are sick of seeing Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. much like we were sick of Wolverine in the 80's/90's posted everywhere in shops.

Edited by sonicyouth

I would prefer to talk/ read about comics and history etc. without worrying about values. I have been in this hobby since before many folks were a twinkle in their parents' eyes. There was a time when value and how much something was worth was important to me, my collecting grew past that.

Simply put people are using this thread to cash in on trends and make a quick buck, whether it be running to the lcs and grabbing all the copies then can in order flip on ebay or dump the books they have. Typically, its the 1st scenario from what I see.

This thread is for discussion for books selling well on eBay.

The point of this thread is to make people money or at least give them the opportunity to do so. Not sure why you would complain about that in a thread where that is the specific purpose of said thread.

I'm not complaining. I am simply discussing what this thread is used for.

I don't think the entire Copper forum has turned into "what book is worth what now?"

This thread, however, was that from the start.

:shrug:

Although some have dropped back a few pages because the discussion ran its course, these were the more active threads.

This one is mainly about how much these books are going to bring in, and for how long.

X-Factor 5 & 6

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term

Copper - borderline modern collection...what would you offer?

Going to check out a copper collection right now.

So, now with Copper being HOT, is it okay to overpay for a Copper collection?

It seems to be part of the life cycle of things. If you go back 3-4 years so many of the threads were about finding 9.8 copies of whatever books people were looking for. It was really a fun time. Tracking down the first copies of many different Copper books is something a lot of people here were actively doing. It was competitive, and you also got a lot of encouragement to go out there and keep on pushing. :)

I'm not sure there are too many of those mountains left to climb. When you factor that in and combine it with the fact that most of us are sitting on mountains of Copper, it is sort of logical that the increased interest in the era and spikes in price have become the topic du jour.

Good point. I've just ramped it up a notch, looking for the first 9.9/10.0 of some of these copper books. The inconsistency of CGC, while frustrating at times, makes it a game. I only send in books that will never go below 9.8, so I won't lose anything. I don't ever expect anything higher, as this is a fools errand. Even at 9.8 it's money, but nowhere near as much fun as hunting down the 9.9's and 10.0's. Very lucrative if you are lucky enough to snag one of these.

Just wait till GOTG movie comes out. We'll all be wearing Rocket Raccoon underoos before the sequel!! (thumbs u

Meck

Rocket Raccoon is going to be this generations Barney the Dinosaur! :roflmao:

I think pikachu is a more apt analogy in all honesty.

And i didn't know I needed to wait for the movie to wear my RR underoos.... :fear:

I better go home and change