• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,820 posts in this topic

Flash Thompson is/has been the star of his own top selling comic book of a flagship title?

Who cares?

You're using your own specific criteria to describe everyone (a common fault on here) when there are various "key" issues that do not involve " the star of his own top selling comic book of a flagship title", right? The point is that there are Flash Thompson fans in the world, and that sub-section of the hobby would certainly view his life-changing moments as "key" to their own collecting viewpoint.

To me, Spider-man getting married doesn't amount to 2 dead flies, as the character design just doesn't work with a hot model-wife, kids, mortgage, etc. - that's why Marvel killed off the baby, got rid of MJ for a bit, then retconned the entire marriage into oblivion.

The exact same thing will happen with this latest retcon, and years from now, they'll be retconned apart again.

I think comparing anything that happened to Flash Thompson to Spider-Man in the ASM run is the epitome of a false analogy, to put it mildly.

And your opinion of the marriage and what was done to MJ and especially the kid is just that- your opinion. The marriage "worked" for 25 years, and many, many fans hated and resented the ret-con. I would reckon yours is even a minority opinion among long time fans. So now we're seeing a married Peter again. Only goes to further exemplify the "keyness" of the wedding issue as a seminal Spidey moment.

-J.

Depends on how "longtime" the fan is. I'm also of the mind that Spider-Man getting married was one of the worst things that happened to the character.

What made Spider-Man popular and relatable? He was a nerdy outsider who had girl trouble and money problems. Things that most average teenage boys can relate to. Successful photo-journalist, married to a hot super model...not quite so relatable.

I think weather you liked the wedding or did not like it, both sides are arguing for the 'keyness' of the issue. Either way it signified something significant, even if it was something you didn't like. It made an impact. That's key.

+1

Couldn't have said it better me-self. :)

-J.

Did the DD show push up issues of Daredevil like Green Arrow TV show did?

I didn't see it.

170 saw a little bump because of the story and Kingpin.

I was surprised that 176 didn't see much attention as Stick is pretty important to Daredevil.

In general, the format in which Netflix releases their series will never have an impact like Arrow or Flash.

Which is great for fans who suddenly realized daredevil was awesome and a hero that deserved to be collected and read and terrible for people who are hoping for a bump in prices so they can make some money.

I would like to think that this action is mainly the result of the readers/fans/speculators enthusiastic reaction to the news. Sure it could be translated any each way, but these so called "speculators" are not men and women sitting in offices in downtown Manhattan offices with suits and ties and making market decisions.. Theyre people like you and me who love comic book, love the character and agree with the casting choice (yes, I too believe Jon is a great Punisher).

Just keep in mind how many high grade copies are out there from 80s collectors. The shear volume is staggering.

That's what everyone said about every Marvel/DC Copper Age book, but the speculators don't seem to be listening.

I didn't listen to all this BS from maroon GA/SA jerks who kept saying "no one thought BA comics would be worth anything" as that is simply not true and even during the BA, there were plenty of books that commanded a significant premium at the time and no one was bagging and boarding off the shelves. I still remember as a little kid, looking at a copy of MTU 1 sitting on the wall of a LCS priced at $25, which would be like $500 today. Same with GL/GA 76, the Starlin Captain Marvel's, MP 15, etc.

But Copper is a different animal and lots of people were hoarding, bagging and boarding, buying cases of certain titles, etc., but the market is still very hot at the the high end. The only real difference, is due to scarcity, BA still sells in all grades, while lower-end Copper is a lot tougher to move.

I could definitely see this one getting some heat.

Daredevil_Vol_1_183.jpg

It started creeping up last week, now it's booming.

Of course!

I just sold my undercopy a couple weeks ago. :tonofbricks:

Win some, lose some.