• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

"One in ten! We're 1/10 your size, so you'd better be taking the rest."

There is plenty of room in canada to store those refugees. Maybe they can become maple syrup farmers or ice cultivators?

I work (generally speaking) in law enforcement, in New York. I am in maximum security prisons more than I would like to be. If only our only problems down here were an overheated housing market and too much mortgage debt! For Canada, I'm talking long-term...although who knows what global warming is going to do to you. Warmer, but you might be under water...

Also, at least on the surface, the Canadian economy seems to be far less based on "smoke and mirrors" than the U.S. economy. We hardly make anything anymore and we don't even do that much extracting of natural resources relative to our population (and a chunk of it (fracking) is going to destroy the environment long-term). We're a service economy with some agriculture (yes, we can feed ourselves) that passes the same dollar around and around and hopes foreigners keep on investing with us and buying real estate. Plus, we seem to have a semi-permanent 20-25% of the population in angry underclass status with an enormous number of people about to retire. It ain't good. If my wife could get a university job in australia I would seriously consider moving (if they would take us). If i liquidated everything i could probably get an investor visa down there, but i ain't close to being able to buy outright citizenship.

anyway, i admit i don't know enough about canada to make these generalizations, i just find our u.s. systemic problems depressing. maybe in canada there is less of an entrepeneurial spirit despite canadians here having that spirit...they might be here for a reason!

Also, at least on the surface, the Canadian economy seems to be far less based on "smoke and mirrors" than the U.S. economy. We hardly make anything anymore and we don't even do that much extracting of natural resources relative to our population (and a chunk of it (fracking) is going to destroy the environment long-term). We're a service economy with some agriculture (yes, we can feed ourselves) that passes the same dollar around and around and hopes foreigners keep on investing with us and buying real estate. Plus, we seem to have a semi-permanent 20-25% of the population in angry underclass status with an enormous number of people about to retire. It ain't good. If my wife could get a university job in australia I would seriously consider moving (if they would take us). If i liquidated everything i could probably get an investor visa down there, but i ain't close to being able to buy outright citizenship.

Well I better hurry up and go check my boxes for those issues!!!

Thanks for all the great Copper Age comic info guys! Seriously helpful discussion for this thread....

Thanks for all the great Copper Age comic info guys! Seriously helpful discussion for this thread....

I think they're saying the new hot thing is Australian copper comics

i know, i get sucked into economic/political discussions and then overdo it --- i think it started with whether canadian collectors would be dumping their copper gems that they bought for too much when gas was $4 a gallon

Here's a Rom 1 listed as NM that went for $25. No claims that it might be a 9.8 or pressed into a 9.8 or anything like that either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321753601940?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Now I am feeling a little depressed that when I used to do CA/BA grab bags on ebay I would toss one of these in NM in there virtually every time. I must have gotten rid of 12-15 copies that way. Oh well.

I work (generally speaking) in law enforcement, in New York. I am in maximum security prisons more than I would like to be. If only our only problems down here were an overheated housing market and too much mortgage debt! For Canada, I'm talking long-term...although who knows what global warming is going to do to you. Warmer, but you might be under water...

Maybe we'll finally have that long prophesied Ice Age that was promised by the chilluminati in the 70's...

hm

It will be fine out here in the prairies - slightly warmer weather, longer growing seasons, potentially more rainfall (depending on the projection) and no risk of coastal plain flooding. :acclaim:

Edited by kimik

will the high moisture levels from all that ice melting impact high grade books?

(isn't there some concerning that all that melting tundra north of you might come sloshing down on you?)

will the high moisture levels from all that ice melting impact high grade books?

(isn't there some concerning that all that melting tundra north of you might come sloshing down on you?)

There's a shop in Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory that keeps its comics in the basement... they could be in trouble.

Last time I was there, though, it was all drek.

There's a shop in Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory that keeps its comics in the basement... they could be in trouble.

Batman Adventures #12 was drek 7 years ago, too...

:ohnoez:

-------------

Which made no sense then as HQ was pretty popular.

With that said I remember back on the ebay boards further back than that reading a little bit of buzz on it, but it was probably because it was fetching $5-$10. Donut probably knows better. And, like NM 98, there were still plenty to be found in cheap-o boxes back then too if you looked really hard.

Of course, that could be for a lot of books. I picked up a NM- NTT #2 from MIDTOWN comics at one of their 40% off sales for 40% off of $8 within the last 3 years. I think they had brought some inventory out of storage and did not bother repricing it (I might be wrong, but it might have been priced in 2001).

:ohnoez:

Yup.

Even 4 years ago when I was buying them for a few bucks and selling them for $20 .. I was laughing thinking ... suckers!

Who knew. Glad I kept a few at least.

I figured BA 12 was due for a breakout when the book was $150 in 9.8. I said, if HQ was to ever appear in a movie, that book would explode, then it went to $300 and my brother ended up grabbing a copy, then it jumped to $500 and so on, I should have followed my own advice.

I think they're saying the new hot thing is Australian copper comics

lol!! ....How'd I miss that?!