• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Yes, it is a shame that all of my 80s and 90s books aren't worth $10-$15 each.

Even if this is the "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" thread I was saying it’s a shame they are not known and appreciated. I wasn’t thinking about the value.

Also, I was talking of books up to 1991 max. (and so the very early Wolverine, in this case) – most of the following years' productions were just bad.

I would not pay $0.50 myself for most of what Marvel published in the 1990s.

i have two kids, a big mortgage, and a job that doesn't pay that well (considering where i live). i spend 97% of my waking hours stressed about money and 93% of my dream-time as well.

I know, I recall when you talked about it. And I’m sorry about that, also because I have a dear friend which is a lawyer which is in an unfortunate situation. :(

You should talk to your doctor; I'm sure there's a pill you can take for that. :grin:

I know you’re joking but sleep quality largely isn’t much helped by tranquilizers. It depends mostly on how you approach sleep.

Hey, look. If anyone has NM-ish multiples of #6, I'll happily buy them all for $1/ea. The more, the merrier.

I have 36 copies of each of #6 and #7 that are all pushing 9.8's (they come from the same collection in which I submitted 36 copies of X-Men #266 unpressed and got 34 9.8's, 1 9.6 and one 9.9).

If I knew anybody would give me a dollar for them, I would have hand delivered them to you last weekend when I saw you in Baltimore. I would have taken your $72 and ran like a bandit.

Jim

Even if this is the "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" thread I was saying it’s a shame they are not known and appreciated. I wasn’t thinking about the value.

Also, I was talking of books up to 1991 max. (and so the very early Wolverine, in this case) – most of the following years' productions were just bad.

i have two kids, a big mortgage, and a job that doesn't pay that well (considering where i live). i spend 97% of my waking hours stressed about money and 93% of my dream-time as well.

Find something that makes you money other than your job.

Find something that makes you money other than your job.

Yeah, like my exotic dancing. When the ladies make it rain, I get to add to my collection.

Did anyone (that's interested that is) see this? Not a comic, but it is the 1st appearance of The Tick.

Time to go look for my copies

Wait I thought first appearances had to occur within a story? ;)

It is a story.

(shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6433136 Edited by Mike's Rack

I wish I had stacks of PWJ 6-7 to hand out at Halloween. It has Jim Lee art, popular characters, a good message about protecting animals, and also teaches you that if you mess with nature, you may end up getting ripped to shreds by African gorillas :)

Hey, look. If anyone has NM-ish multiples of #6, I'll happily buy them all for $1/ea. The more, the merrier.

I have 36 copies of each of #6 and #7 that are all pushing 9.8's (they come from the same collection in which I submitted 36 copies of X-Men #266 unpressed and got 34 9.8's, 1 9.6 and one 9.9).

If I knew anybody would give me a dollar for them, I would have hand delivered them to you last weekend when I saw you in Baltimore. I would have taken your $72 and ran like a bandit.

Jim

#6. Not #7. I like #7, but there's not much in it. Great cover, but not like #6.

But I'll still buy the #6s.

I wish I had stacks of PWJ 6-7 to hand out at Halloween. It has Jim Lee art, popular characters, a good message about protecting animals, and also teaches you that if you mess with nature, you may end up getting ripped to shreds by African gorillas :)

Technically, since Wolvie IS an X-Man, #6 *could* be seen as the first Jim Lee X-Men book....

:whistle:

So, who has stacks of Damage Control?

Im actually happy that this book gets recognition (even if not for all the right reasons), I always thought it was a brilliant concept from the get

I enjoyed it too. Really unfortunate that McDuffie isn't here to see it make it to the screen.