• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

No mention of Epic Illustrated #3 yet in this thread... it is heating up.

What's the big deal with that? The only thing I can think of is "early Dreadstar" or "First Full Dreadstar" but wouldn't Epic 1-2 be better options since EI 1/2 are officially noted online as the first app of Dreadstar?

Epic #1 is the 1st appearance of his sword, #2 is 1st Vance

and Epic #3 is when Vance becomes Dreadstar when he and the sword combine.

Yeah, I know that, but since the Sword was actually Dreadstar, Epic 1 is noted as his first appearance in many publications.

If Epic 3 had Dreadstar on the cover, it would likely change in the CGC world, but none of them seem to.

Either way, it's a great series and definitely picking up steam.

I just sold a raw 9.2 copy of Epic #3 for $100 USD plus shipping privately and a raw 9.4 copy just sold for over $160 USD

The one on ebay that sold for $167.50? I can't believe there were 125 bids to get it there! lol

What's the big deal with that? The only thing I can think of is "early Dreadstar" or "First Full Dreadstar" but wouldn't Epic 1-2 be better options since EI 1/2 are officially noted online as the first app of Dreadstar?

Yeah, I know that, but since the Sword was actually Dreadstar, Epic 1 is noted as his first appearance in many publications.

If Epic 3 had Dreadstar on the cover, it would likely change in the CGC world, but none of them seem to.

Either way, it's a great series and definitely picking up steam.

I just sold a raw 9.2 copy of Epic #3 for $100 USD plus shipping privately and a raw 9.4 copy just sold for over $160 USD

The one on ebay that sold for $167.50? I can't believe there were 125 bids to get it there! lol

:o

I can see it now : Epic # 1 " First appearance of That Sword ( Dreadstar )"

And then....: Epic # 3 " That Sword becomes dreadstar"

doh!

I thought these were still dollar box material. Especially for one that has little chance of a 9.4 or better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bronze-Age-Marvel-Alf-1-Marvel-TV-Comic-NM-9-2-High-Grade-Book-/151278934148?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2338ed5884&autorefresh=true

The bidders have bid activity with the seller at 22% & 99%. Seems like a scam.

I thought these were still dollar box material. Especially for one that has little chance of a 9.4 or better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bronze-Age-Marvel-Alf-1-Marvel-TV-Comic-NM-9-2-High-Grade-Book-/151278934148?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2338ed5884&autorefresh=true

You guys are worried about an Alf 1 that went for $12 being a scam?? Maybe you guys need another hobby?

You guys are worried about an Alf 1 that went for $12 being a scam?? Maybe you guys need another hobby?

Yeah, 99% bidding activity with the seller smells funny to me but hey, it's your $12 so feel free to buy them at that price all day long. Especially since other copies of this elusive book have sold for less than $2.

(shrug)

Yeah, 99% bidding activity with the seller smells funny to me but hey, it's your $12 so feel free to buy them at that price all day long. Especially since other copies of this elusive book have sold for less than $2.

(shrug)

There's nothing you can do about it if it is...If you've noticed, all the 80's junk #1's are moving up in price. Prices today are all over the map, one day it's a $50 book, next day it's a $75 dollar book, it's an auction after all and it goes to the highest bidder. I sent an email to a bidder one time over a DRK 1 I got out bid on at the last second over 10 years ago he said "I wanted it really bad" That is your answer really about why stuff suddenly sells for more than the "norm" One sale of a $11-$12 doesn't dictate that's what the going price is going to be from now on.