• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Its surprising how common a book can be, but when its hot its nowhere to be found. Went to a show today and not one of 15 dealers had a copy.

I haven't been able to find one single copy in 6 months of looking. There are quite a few books that you think no one knows/cares about that I can't locate despite looking at dozens of stores, cons, etc....

Except the comic come out 2-3 months before the movie.

About 3 weeks to a month before.

;)

You would think the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who professes to be so knowledgeable about Star Wars comics would know that? :whistle:

Nice catch. Not sure what I was thinking when I posted that. :facepalm:

Edited by rjrjr

;)

You would think the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who professes to be so knowledgeable about Star Wars comics would know that? :whistle:

Late April/First week of May, roughly. With a July cover date. ;)

If I remember correctly, Lucas had a rough cut that Chaykin and Thomas got to see in, I want to say December...back when 20th Century was still worried about the incredible flop they were sure was on their hands.

Its surprising how common a book can be, but when its hot its nowhere to be found. Went to a show today and not one of 15 dealers had a copy.

I haven't been able to find one single copy in 6 months of looking. There are quite a few books that you think no one knows/cares about that I can't locate despite looking at dozens of stores, cons, etc....

My first level look didn't turn up a copy - there's been no reason to pull it (before now). Gonna have to move some long-boxes tomorrow. ;)

My first level look didn't turn up a copy - there's been no reason to pull it (before now). Gonna have to move some long-boxes tomorrow. ;)

I had a couple of nice copies a year or two ago when she got a bump for joining Justice League in the new series. I sold them then. We have all got books we sold early and this was one for me. :tonofbricks:

The Titanic sank

Grizzley Adams DID have a beard.

This doesn't even make sense. Is this supposed to be a joke?

*** Go watch Happy Gilmore.

Why would I watch an unfunny Adam Sandler POS movie?

lol Kevin76, spreading good cheer and sunshine wherever he goes

I'm being honest. God knows everyone else around here has an opinion about something.

Well, that's true of course. However, there's honest and then there's being a . I'd say you're proficient in both

That's not too bad. Plenty of people here are only proficient in one.

we need to talk about Adam Sandler SS - for example, what books could Adam Sandler sign?

Take any Playboy and have him sign "Nudie Magazine Day - Adam Sandler".

Even better, get one of the mags from the movie.

Patrick

I've found it hard to find specific issues in the wild for books with large runs like Superman, Worlds Finest and Action Comics.

I found one 521 for $0.75 at a show from a guy who doesn't have a shop.

The animation cel for her first appearance would go for big bucks that's for sure. But it is true that her first appearance was not in a comic book.

That's good to know. I've got a killer 12 field OPC with a 3/4 body shot of Harley and Ivy hugging from "Harley & Ivy." Not her 1st appearance, but I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find a better cel anywhere. Thought I had a pic, but I don't right now. I'll have to take one when I get home.

I do have this one in my CAF page. It's only a limited from the "Mad Love" episode, but 16 field and triple signed:

IMG_0431.JPG

;)

Actually 6 weeks to be exact...Star Wars #1 began shipping on March 8th, 1977 with a street date of April 12th 1977. The first two issues of Star Wars were out before the movie opened up.

Jim

I do have this one in my CAF page. It's only a limited from the "Mad Love" episode, but 16 field and triple signed:

IMG_0431.JPG

That is cool (thumbs u

+1! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Thanks guys! It came with a copy of MAD LOVE too. It also helped working at a WB store and getting a nice discount..... ;)