• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

1993 wouldn't be a tough year for newsstands although high grade would be tougher I would think. Get to the late 90s and on and newsstands become a nightmare to even find sometimes. The last few years are really tough even though Barnes and Nobles and BAM do help their sales some.

I would think that the shopping cart used by Waldenbooks, Barnes and Noble, et al,

to stock the magazine sections would deplete the 9.8 availability by 25 %, and

being on the stand at any convenience store or supermarket / actual newstand, makes getting a 9.8 less than 10 %. I've been matching nice news stands and

direct editions for sale as a pair. Slow sales but the idea that your collection is

not complete without is spreading. Even long time collectors / sellers like me

are working on getting both sets.

1993 wouldn't be a tough year for newsstands although high grade would be tougher I would think. Get to the late 90s and on and newsstands become a nightmare to even find sometimes. The last few years are really tough even though Barnes and Nobles and BAM do help their sales some.

6 out of 200 random sampling isn't "tough" enough for you? :screwy::grin:

51 watchers! It's the 2nd most watched CGC Graded comic on eBay right now. Unfreaking-believable. I'm watching it because it seems like the cool thing to do. :headbang:

Neither of the above comics are CGC graded.

:blush:

Here's the one I was talking about.

It doesn`t surprise me at all.

Nintendo was the Marvel of the 1960s in the 1980s to that generation.

Great franchises started here

Mario,Zelda,and Metroid.

A pretty great trio of franchises that can compare in popularity to Spider-Man,Hulk and Fantastic Four.

That audience from the mid 1980s to earlier 1990s has grown up and is nostalgic for their heroes.

Avengers #223 is not selling at Overstreet Guide prices ($18 in NM-) yet, but over a dozen copies have moved on eBay over the last two days. Apparently a non-first appearance by the Taskmaster spurred the sales.

51 watchers! It's the 2nd most watched CGC Graded comic on eBay right now. Unfreaking-believable. I'm watching it because it seems like the cool thing to do. :headbang:

Mario,Zelda,and Metroid.

A pretty great trio of franchises that can compare in popularity to Spider-Man,Hulk and Fantastic Four.

That audience from the mid 1980s to earlier 1990s has grown up and is nostalgic for their heroes.

That NN (Preview) book is an absolute PITA to find. I've bought every copy I have ever found (two).

When I talked to Bob Layton a few years ago he told me that the Nintendo franchise almost bankrupted Valiant before they did a single Superhero book.

Jim

It was due to Civil War movie art being released that resembles the cover.

A few dealers were pumping Avengers #223 in the 2015-2016 Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide because of the Taskmaster connection. I guess I got that information mixed up with the movie art being released.

No copies have sold in the last 24 hours so it appears the demand for this book didn't make it through the weekend.

Mario,Zelda,and Metroid.

That NN (Preview) book is an absolute PITA to find. I've bought every copy I have ever found (two).

When I talked to Bob Layton a few years ago he told me that the Nintendo franchise almost bankrupted Valiant before they did a single Superhero book.

Jim

I found one, it's really HG.

A few dealers were pumping Avengers #223 in the 2015-2016 Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide because of the Taskmaster connection. I guess I got that information mixed up with the movie art being released.

No copies have sold in the last 24 hours so it appears the demand for this book didn't make it through the weekend.

It's a great cover and not as easy to find in high grade due to the white.

Was there any commenting about Marvel Team-Up #103? 3rd Taskmaster, 2nd full appearance and cover, add Ant Man (and Spidey) to boot. Another great cover.

Mario,Zelda,and Metroid.

Jim

I found one, it's really HG.

I sold a high grade last year. Lots of bidders

Edited by comicdey

10+ copies of X-Force #11 have sold on eBay this year, but the large supply has kept prices down.

The Fury of Firestorm "keys" seem to have cooled considerably on eBay, except perhaps issue 23.

Most of those "keys" were flash in the pan villains that appeared in one episode of Flash, like Plastique. Obviously Felicity has proven to have more legs (pun fully intended).

emily_bett_rickards_iheart_radio_music_festival_2013_001_Lm0WmeFd.sized.jpg

It's a great cover and not as easy to find in high grade due to the white.

Was there any commenting about Marvel Team-Up #103? 3rd Taskmaster, 2nd full appearance and cover, add Ant Man (and Spidey) to boot. Another great cover.

I think one report mentioned it along with The Thing #26 and a few others, but I do not remember it being pushed as hard as Avengers #223.

10+ copies of X-Force #11 have sold on eBay this year, but the large supply has kept prices down.

The Fury of Firestorm "keys" seem to have cooled considerably on eBay, except perhaps issue 23.

Most of those "keys" were flash in the pan villains that appeared in one episode of Flash, like Plastique. Obviously Felicity has proven to have more legs (pun fully intended).

emily_bett_rickards_iheart_radio_music_festival_2013_001_Lm0WmeFd.sized.jpg

just seems likes another reason not to put her in a wheelchair.