• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2023 at 5:24 AM, ygogolak said:

Factor in the cost of storage space, maintaining temperature and lighting, etc.... hm

Those are really ancillary costs that you would probably normally incur any way . . . not exactly hard costs (unless you're deducting them as business expenditures.)  :nyah:

On 6/8/2023 at 12:08 AM, divad said:

Those are really ancillary costs that you would probably normally incur any way . . . not exactly hard costs (unless you're deducting them as business expenditures.)  :nyah:

Everything gets deducted. Know your costs and you can't go wrong.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR TRANSFORMERS:RISE OF THE BEASTS DISCUSSED BELOW, IN CASE YOU CARE ABOUT THAT SORT OF THING!

Noticed that my copy of G.I. Joe and the Transformers #1 on my GPA account has been nudging upward.

Spoiler

Apparently related to the new Transformers movie, which indicates a film crossover is coming?

Plenty of raw copies out there for $3-$10, wonder if we'll see a run on them after the weekend. May be worth digging through your dollar bins before the weekend is out. I'm not selling my 9.8 unless it goes ballistic, but asking prices are now double what they were a couple of days ago, and GPA shows the last sold copy was $400. Curious to see where it ends up.

On 6/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, F For Fake said:

POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR TRANSFORMERS:RISE OF THE BEASTS DISCUSSED BELOW, IN CASE YOU CARE ABOUT THAT SORT OF THING!

Noticed that my copy of G.I. Joe and the Transformers #1 on my GPA account has been nudging upward.

Hide contents

Apparently related to the new Transformers movie, which indicates a film crossover is coming?

Plenty of raw copies out there for $3-$10, wonder if we'll see a run on them after the weekend. May be worth digging through your dollar bins before the weekend is out. I'm not selling my 9.8 unless it goes ballistic, but asking prices are now double what they were a couple of days ago, and GPA shows the last sold copy was $400. Curious to see where it ends up.

Ends up? or spikes to?  Law of gravity applies. remember the folks a year ago who were paying hot prices for first Illuminati issue HAHAHA!

Edited by MAR1979

On 6/8/2023 at 5:33 PM, MAR1979 said:

Ends up? or spikes to?  Law of gravity applies. remember the folks a year ago who were paying hot prices for first Illuminati issue HAHAHA!

Yeah, I’m satisfied with my copy, so I won’t be buying more, but it may be worth paying attention to the prices. Or…it may not! For all I know the movie may bomb. So, take it for what it’s worth.

On 6/8/2023 at 4:57 PM, F For Fake said:
On 6/8/2023 at 4:33 PM, MAR1979 said:

Yeah, I’m satisfied with my copy, so I won’t be buying more, but it may be worth paying attention to the prices. Or…it may not! For all I know the movie may bomb. So, take it for what it’s

I saw it as a prescreen so if you want spoilers pm me. :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/8/2023 at 7:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw it as a prescreen so if you want spoilers pm me. :cheers:

Appreciate it, but there’s a pretty good chance I’ll end up seeing it, so I’ll go in as fresh as I can.

On 6/8/2023 at 3:57 PM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, I’m satisfied with my copy, so I won’t be buying more, but it may be worth paying attention to the prices. Or…it may not! For all I know the movie may bomb. So, take it for what it’s worth.

Based on some of the rumours that are floating around re the Hasbro-verse, it may have a bit more staying power. 

On 6/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, F For Fake said:

Reveal hidden contents

Probably doesn't matter if I put this is spoilers now, but I think it's more because

Spoiler

Kirkman's new Image Void Rivals series is a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover, reportedly.

On 6/9/2023 at 10:38 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Probably doesn't matter if I put this is spoilers now, but I think it's more because

Hide contents

Kirkman's new Image Void Rivals series is a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover, reportedly.

Ah, that could be! I don't keep up with moderns, so most of the chatter I've heard is from the Transformers groups and forums about the movie. Interesting confluence of events! So, looks like several potential reasons why the series could heat up. Then again, as raws go, they're not exactly in short supply, so prices may not move at all. But worth having on the radar, I suppose.

On 6/8/2023 at 12:08 AM, divad said:

I don't incur storage costs but I'm also very limited in my storage space. And thus it's not my main point of income.

It is certain FDs dollar bin books are only a part of his comic income/profit. 

$1000> pay 60-70%
$100-1000 pay 50-60%
$10-100 pay 40-50%
$1-10 pay 30-40%
$1< pay 10-25%

Higher workload, higher gross margin. A typical 20 long box collection of 70s to 90s will have all of the above. Generally you pay ~$10k if it’s worth $20k. Seller is happy as he sold in one shot. Buyer nets $8-12k after 3-4 months of selling, depending on selling methods.

15 out of 20 longs are dollar books typically.  If you’re doing 1 show a month that gets cleared out pretty quick.  Nice to have a post hoc bulk buyer too.   

Rinse and repeat. 

On 6/18/2023 at 2:49 AM, ft88 said:

It is certain FDs dollar bin books are only a part of his comic income/profit. 

This goes unsaid, as we have seen many of his 3 and 4 bangers! :bigsmile:

On 6/20/2023 at 11:54 PM, kimik said:

It is interesting to see common run Copper books sell steadily in the $4-$8 range depending on the title. Buy them for cents in collections and flip them for a nice profit. Pre-Covid they sat unwanted in dollar bins.......

I have noticed that too.  I see people scoop them up regardless of the title.