• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread

271 posts in this topic

Hello Gemma,

The registry is greatness. I appreciate you adding the 2001: A Space Odyssey 10 to the Marvel 35 cent variant registry set. I hope to get one of those one of these days.

The Marvel 35 cent variant registry is also missing these issues to make the set complete.

Captain Marvel 51

Eternals 15

Flintstones 1

Incredible Hulk 212

Kid Colt Outlaw 218

Marvel Triple Action 36

Power Man 45

Power Man 47

Thor 264

CGC has not certified an Eternals 15, Kid Colt 218, or the Power Man 45 in a 35 cent variant, but they do exist.

CGC has certified at least one copy of the other titles as a 35 cent variant.

Thank you for your help.

I'd like to see the Marvel Team-up values increased. The last 70-80 in the series are only 25 points in 9.8. That's the same as modern off-the-shelf drek. I think 1970-1980 drek should be worth more!

I'll second this.

These books were treated like garbage when they came out and I would imagine not to easy to find in super high grade. Most are found beat up in the stores .50 cent bins.

I am getting ready to start a run of Marvel Team-Ups soon.

25 points is an insult for this title.

Gemma - here are some titles I'd like to see added to the registry:

1) Fantastic Four (v1) 2nd print issues - #347, 348, 351, 355, 371 (I'd add these to the complete set of Fantastic Four, which includes all 3 volumes and the annuals/GS books, like you did with the X-Men)

2) Fantastic Four Annual #2 - I have a Canadian version which also has the rare blank back cover, so it is kind of a double variant

3) Earth X/Universe X/Paradise X books, including the tie-ins (Cap, Spidey, 4, etc.)

4) Amalgam comics (entire lot - mix of Marvel and DC characters)

Keep up the great work - the registry is INCREDIBLE!!

another question:

why does the walking dead registry set have slots up to #60, even though they are only up to issue #57?

can this same thing be done for the Invincible registry set?

I keep comparing these two books, bc they are easy to compare (came out around the same time, same writer, same company etc..)

and lastly, why are walking dead #s 2-6 worth 80 points each vs invincible 2-10 being worth only 25??

was browsing through the newer sets and stumbled upon the newly created Locke & Key set..

I think the points are WAYYYYYY OFF

a #1 10 gets 60 points, and a #3 second print 9.8 gets 32???

either the second print points need to be lowered, or the 1st print points need to be raised...

Alright, I got a few. :foryou:

Dark Horse Presents #157 in the Goon registry set. The book seems to be scored on the same scale as the much later Dark Horse issues.

This earlier book is much tougher in high grade and should be scored on a scale similar to the Avatar issues, since DHP 157 was published shortly after the Avatar series. My 9.4 SS is only worth 13 points? Really? :cry:

Now for the Maxx registry set. Darker Image #1 needs to have multiple slots for the regular cover, the B&W cover, and the gold foil cover.

The scores for the ashcans for Maxx #1-3 are also waaaay off-base. These books are TOUGH, TOUGH, TOUGH books and impossible to find in uber HG.

For instance, the black ashcans sell for multiples of hundreds of dollars in VF+ raw condition. Yet, the most valuable book in the set and arguably the hardest modern book to find, PERIOD, is only worth 3 points in 8.5Q??!!

:cry:

Couple of things I noticed when adding my books in over the weekend:

Green Lantern 76 in 8.5 seems low between 8.0 and 9.0 at 200, 300 and 500 respectively. GL 76 is one of the most sought after books from that time period. And these scores are low for a book that commands the kind of coin this one does in those grades.

Iron Man 118 across the board is a joke. My copy in 9.8 garners 70 points. This is the 1st appearance of Jim Rhodes who becomes War Machine and is just about the hottest Iron Man book going right now. No copies in 9.8 available anywhere that I can find, yet this book garners the same point value as the surrounding books that aren't keys.

Iron Man 282 in 9.8 (1st War Machine) garners 35 points. Again, red-hot book, that is only worth 10 points more than a book that is barely worth certification fee in 9.8.

I'm sure I'll find more as I add books in, but these seem way off. Especially the Iron Man books.

Michael

Hi,

Can you please check into the validity of the following two book titles that are listed in the Atlas-Seaboard Registry Set (Slot Names) ? (Let me know if this is not the right place to post this request)

1. "The Destructor" #1 Issue date 2/75

There is already a book called "Destructor" with an #1 issue date of 2/75.

(Note- There is only 1 book listed in the Census under the "The Destructor" title, while all others are under "Destructor").

Is this an error, or is there a Variant with the same issue date, but different title?

2. "Targitt #1" - ( Issue Date 7/75 )

There is only one book listed in the registry with the Issue Date of 7/75 ", while all others are listed under the "Targitt # 1 with an Issue date of ( 3/75 ).

Is this an error, or is there a Variant with the same issue date?

If these are in error, can you get these corrected before the Registry awards this year?

Thanks....

BTW... if these are in error... Do I get a prize or something for pointing this out? :takeit:

Hi Gemma,

The Demon (1972) series issue 14 has incorrect scores in relation to the rest of the series. Below is the points for 13, 14 and 15. As you can see there is a huge disaprity for issue 14. The disparity is present for every catagory for issue 14. It looks like it has modern scoring applied to this issue unlike the rest of the series.

Comic Description 0.5 1.0 1.5 1.8 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.5 4.0 4.5 5.0 5.5 6.0 6.5 7.0 7.5 8.0 8.5 9.0 9.2 9.4 9.6 9.8 9.9 10.0

Demon #13 Universal 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 7 11 17 26 39 78 130 208 260 390

Demon #14 Universal 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 3 5 9 15 24 30 45

Demon #15 Universal 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 7 11 17 26 39 78 130 208 260 390

Thanks for looking into this and getting it corrected! Keep up the great work :):foryou: