• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread

271 posts in this topic

As more sets get up and running, this is the place to request that scores be evaluated. You may have slight disagreements with scores, but some of those slight disagreements just boil down to a judgement call. What we're looking for here are clearly incorrect scoring examples.

Thanks,

Arch

thumbsup2.gif

I have paid $3 or more per point for the majority of the books in my sets. Could you evaluate the Action #1 through #100 and #101 through #200 sets?

im haveing some problem with a couple of my books for the set:

Image Comics - First Issues 1992-94

the issue 1 spawn 9.8 in the spawn collection is worth 80 in the image comics first issues its only worth 40?

the issue 1 violator 9.8 in the violator set is worth 40 but in the image comics first issues its only worth 25?

Hi Gemma,

Astonishing X-Men #1 Director's Cut Variant scores a 120 pts at 9.8?

Here's the 9.8 breakdown:

1: 40 pts

1 Cassaday Incentive Variant: 160 pts

1 Director's Cut: 120 pts.

1 Variant (Dell'Otto): 80 pts.

Is there any particular reason the Director Cut scores 120 pts? It's just a reprint with the -script added and is common. The Dell'Otto variant is an actual variant and rarer, but scores less than the Director's Cut.

Other Director's Cuts for comparison:

House of M # Director's Cut: 50 pts.

New Avengers #1 Director's Cut: 40 pts.

Civil War #1 Director's Cut: 40 pts.

Thanks for taking a look.

BTW - I will be looking at the Watchmen scores soon.....

Hey Gemma, just like to give you a friendly reminder to look into the Watchmen scores. Like I stated in an earlier post, I think they should be similar to if not more than the Batman Year One and Dark Knight Returns scores as Watchmen 9.8s sell for about twice as much as 9.8s in those series (if this is one of the factors). Thanks! :grin:

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned the early Flash issues but I think you should take a look at them. They seem a little low to me.

Most recent sales in Aug. Comic Link Auction

Flash 106 9.0 7901.00 pts. 2800

Flash 107 9.0 6260.00 pts. 1400

Flash 112 9.0 6105.00 pts. 780

Flash 117 9.4 3655.00 pts. 1400

All were the highest grade available.

Hello. I was hoping you might reevaluate the points given for the TMNT #4 manufactoring error. Its currenlty recieving the same points as a standard #4 second print. Compared to the standard's print run of 35,000, there are only a couple hundred of the error that survived.

More than that, the error book is easily in the top 5 of TMNT's most valuable/rare books as attested by recent sales of 2 9.6s (2 weeks ago) of $917 and $907. In contrast, the #4 standard 2nd print has nearly zero desirability. The current scoring is:

9.0 9.2 9.4 9.6 9.8

10 20 30 50 80

Thanks for the consideration!

WW from the 1950's are exremely rare with a very low census in the registry, however, it appears the point values don't reflect this rarity.

Examples

WW 106 3 graded, highest 7.0, points assigned to the 7.0 = 55 .

WW 100 5 graded, highest 8.0, my 7.5 gets 85 points.

WW 110 3 graded, my 5.0 gets 25 points.

These point values discourage the collector interested in the registry from chasing WW. Please review. Thank you.

I was just wondering why Batman #676 and #677 Signature Series variants at 9.6 only score four more points than a Qualified unsigned variant at 9.6?

Also, Batman #608 RRP 9.4 has a score of 900 in my Batman complete set, but only 600 in my Hush (608-619) set. Are different scores awarded for the same comic in different sets?

By the way, I'm pretty new to CGC graded comics so I'm not demanding the scores be changed, just asking for some explanations as to how the scores work on the above comics/sets.

Cheers! (thumbs u

This is a request concerning Elseworlds 80 page giant vs League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 5 recalled. The latter is probably 5 times rarer although tends to be just slightly less valuable in some cases. However, the points difference between them is extraordinary with Elseworlds being worth 5 times more points on a 9.8!!!

If you look at the Recalled Editions set, anyone with a decent copy of Elseworlds can dominate the set and I don't think on either rarity or price this is merited. I think Elseworlds should come down and LoEG 5 Recall should go up which, as well as being farer would make the set more competitive as well.

Many thanks for your consideration

Neeidea

I just noticed that the Retailer Incentive for Batman #608 at a 9.4 awards 990 points, but in my Complete Batman set I've only been awarded 900 points for it.