• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread

271 posts in this topic

Archer & Armstong #2 is worth 48 points in the Archer & Armstrong set but worth only 35 points in the Valiant Unity set. The points for the issues past #1 in the Archer & Armstrong set seem high. Should they be only 35 instead of 48 each?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I just had a Howard The Duck #1 SS'ed, and it won't go into my registry set. It's a UK (pence) copy, and I could see it not fitting the slot, but there is no corresponding slot for it. :(

Hi Gemma,

Can you correct the Signature Series registry points for Marvel Star Wars #2 in the Star Wars 1-107 set?

The Universal grade of a first print is worth far more than the Signature Series grade. It looks like the Signature Series points are for the second print of the book, not the first print.

Thanks a million for your help!

Please correct the score for Uncanny X-Men 508 Variant. A 9.8 scores only 25 pts, which is the same as the regular cover. All the Variants in that issue range have been 35 pts.

Thanks!

Could someone alert Gemma that in the to add new sets that Casper's Strange Ghost Stories actually has 14 books in the set and not one. Also out of the 14 books in the set 11 have been graded thus far. CGC has the book listed 2 times in the census 1 as Casper's Strange Ghost Stories which only shows 1 book which is where I think she or whoever got confused and then under Casper Strange Ghost Stories(no 's) which shows books # 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,11,13,and 14. Can it please be added as now it has been skipped. thanks, BD

Could Gemma kindly reassess some the scores for pre robin detective comics, the Rockwell Detective 35 2nd highest cgc graded worth approx $25-30 thousand dollars would score just 2400 points, seems slightly off (not that i have plans to buy that book, it's out of my league)

I was browsing through the Registry recently and looked in the Alpha Flight set to see what was up. I was really surprised at the scores for the issues and I got to wondering how these are set up. Alpha Flight always struck me as a second tier title from the 80's, nothing too special, but some of the issues are scored as pretty valuable.

For example, issue 39 from October 1986, a non-key if there ever was one, is worth 160 points in 9.8. Issue 51, Jim Lee's first work with Marvel, is worth 320.

Comparatively, for Marvel Team-up, a similar class of title, issue 39 from November 1975 is worth 50 points in 9.8. Issue 53, John Byrne's first X-men, is worth 240.

How are the point systems set up and is the one for Alpha Flight legit?

Could the scores for the Savage Tales (2007) set be changed.

Can there also be a score change for the Wolverine Origins #2 Wizard Authentic Edition. I brought this up almost two years ago to have the score changed and still there are still only two copies on the census.

Thanks!

• Administrator

Just a heads-up for over the weekend. I am part-way through fixing the Marvel Bronze Age 1st Issues set and any related scoring problems for those books in other sets, but I'm not done, so if there are any odd scores lingering please feel free to shoot me a PM, but be aware that it's a work in progress.

After that I will try to address any scoring issues that have been reported recently.

:)

Hey gemma,

Just noticed.

For green Lantern set (1960) 76-89 #76 has a value of 2050@9.4- universal

for the same #76, in the set Green Lantern (1960) 1-89 #76 has a vaue of 1500@9.4-universal

am I missing something..or does this need fixin

• Administrator

OK the following score corrections have been completed:

-Marvel Bronze Age 1st Issue Sets and associated comics

-correct the Signature Series registry points for Marvel Star Wars #2 in the Star Wars 1-107 set

-correct the score for Uncanny X-Men 508 Variant

-Avengers V3 #46 is worth 0 points in both the Avengers V3 and Avenges 1-503 sets

-The Second printing of Solar, Man of the Atom #10 is worth as much as the first print

-Demon #14 – Correct score in non-Modern set

-ASM201-300&Complete ASM300 scores to match the ones that are in the McFarlane set

-Iron Fist #5 reg and 30c scores switched

And I'm currently working on the Archer & Armstrong set.

:news:

I'd like to have a "clean slate" starting from this post, meaning if you had made a score correction request that was not addressed, please re-post it after this post!

However, it needs to be specific and not "the scores in blah-blah set are too low or high" I need to be given a reference (either a different set or a sale or something). Thanks for your help! :foryou:

• Administrator

Just a heads-up:

I discovered a scoring error involving the Apparent SS scores for many of the early Avengers books, so if the scoring on your comic disappears please know that I am working on resolving this error. THANKS! :)

Gemma,

Question? How is it that the Wolverine Limited Series #1 is worth only 150 points in 9.8, yet the Wolverine regular series #1 is worth 360 points. A person of average intelligence, such as myself, would find this counterintuitive!

Thanks,

E.C.

I had PM'd Gemma this question without realizing there is a thread on the topic. Sorry, Gemma.

:foryou:

In starting down the path of posting my books to the Hellboy registry set, I realized something about the point system.

• San Diego Comic-Con Comic 2 is Hellboy's 1st full appearance with a production run of 1,500 copies, yet a CGC 9.8 only receives 80 points.

• John Byrne's Next Men 21, which came out four months later, and had a regular production run of 75,000 - 90,000 copies, is his 1st full appearance in a regular comic series, yet a CGC 9.8 receives 220 points.

I would like to suggest SDCC 2 be assigned a much higher score than it receives today, and most probably greater than the NM 21 score.

1) SDCC 2 is the recognized 1st appearance even by Mike Mignola (the creator).

2) SDCC 2 is the more scarce of the two issues.

3) Even the census shows there are only 32 copies of SDCC 2 at the CGC 9.8 grade, while Next Men 21 has 130 copies at the CGC 9.8 grade.

Shouldn't San Diego Comic-Con Comic 2 then be the book with higher points going forward over John Byrne's Next Men 21?

Thanks for any help.

There are 2 mistakes in 2 different sets that I have noticed:

1) In the set Black Cat Mystery there is no issue #29 that issue was only in Black Cat Comics. Also issue #54 is missing from this set.

2) In the set Mutt and Jeff there is no slot for Mutt and Jeff Jokes #3.

Thanks, BD

The 30 and 35 cent price variants in the Conan set are worth less than the regular issues in the same grade. Is there another set where this is the case?