• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,544 posts in this topic

Wow, Boy Comics #16 is now sitting at $800. Cant imagine it going much higher. The Edgar Church (9.6) sold for $1,111 back in Dec of '11... cant imagine the Okajima going much higher than its current amount.

Made the top 50 books listed in the Clink e-mail I received this afternoon.

The seller definitely has to be one happy camper.

that book along with the shadow were on sale on these boards awhile back by yours truly, and they did not get alot of interest. a boardie/big dealer bought the pair. i'm not sure if he's the current owner, but he does get alot of stuff slabbed for resale.

that book along with the shadow were on sale on these boards awhile back by yours truly, and they did not get alot of interest. a boardie/big dealer bought the pair. i'm not sure if he's the current owner, but he does get alot of stuff slabbed for resale.

Why didn't you mention we could sell it for $800 on CLink? :taptaptap:

Why didn't you mention we could sell it for $800 on CLink? :taptaptap:

$900 now, makes we wonder if it will break the 1k ceiling in the final moments. Only other one I know of that did that was the Mile High copy.

I was thinking the same thing. Between this book and Heritage's Zegra 3 that sold over guild this weekend as well. looks like both Camp Okajima's and Post Camp Okajima's are on the rise. Glad I've got the one I have. At those prices I don't think I will be adding to it anytime soon !

Edited by Griff

Maybe all the success will bring a few more Okajimas to market that have been hidden in collections for a long time (and aren't on our lists).... it will be interesting to watch

A regular copy of Boy Comics #16 has just been consigned thru mycomicshop. It's an 8.5 and they're asking over $500. I think the Okajima heat cause this one to come to market too!

This forum is sufficient to generate a lot of interest in a book. We've seen it happen before.

True enough. This thread motivated me to buy the Movie 1 from Metro. A post-camp book and no codes other than the "a" in the corner of the fc, but it did come with a COA from Alan Bahr.

mov229a_zps615d0029.jpg

mov229b2_zps92333b6b.jpg

This forum is sufficient to generate a lot of interest in a book. We've seen it happen before.

True enough. This thread motivated me to buy the Movie 1 from Metro. A post-camp book and no codes other than the "a" in the corner of the fc, but it did come with a COA from Alan Bahr.

mov229a_zps615d0029.jpg

mov229b2_zps92333b6b.jpg

Ive been looking at that book for a long time, I'm glad a boardy picked it up ! Grats Sqeggs :)

mov229a_zps615d0029.jpg

mov229b2_zps92333b6b.jpg

Ive been looking at that book for a long time, I'm glad a boardy picked it up ! Grats Sqeggs :)

Thanks. It's looking like the camp books are going to be beyond my price range.