• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,544 posts in this topic

Oh and I'll post my winner from last month...

QT93Hzr.jpg

paid a premium for it, but I really like it. It's an early camp book (Feb '44), and a Captain Marvel Jr, who she seemed to really like (lots of his books in the collection) so it felt like a great one to have. I'd still like to add a "war" comic.

Apart from its being a ped, that is such a great cover. (thumbs u

You ain't kiddin', boy!! That Raboy was one of the great artists of all time and that cover ranks with some of his more notable ones such as Master Comics 21, 22, and 23.

Congrats!!

Edited by Stevenrams

i've been maintaining that list Brian Ill update it tonight :) one of the original purchasers came by but didn't give us a list "He may have given a copy of the full list to MM though. If he did MM has not shared it with us /shrug

Alan did not share me his list... I think his list will be included in the Pedigree Comics book when that comes out in...

I pulled both my Okajima books. The rulah has a date stamp on the upper margin of the back cover. It says "November 20 1948". I bought it from Ron Murray in Aug 1998. He graded it Fine.

I have a habit of putting a piece of magic tape on the back of all my mylars and comic bags and I write the date of purchase, place of purchase, grade and cost of the book on the tape. The All-New 11 says "8/98, Heroes (fresno), Okajima, G, and the price $30. I think since I got both books the same month and both from Fresno area people who both said they were Okajimas, that it's probably a sure bet that the All New is an Okajima, albeit one of the worst examples...

ever thought of getting it slabbed? I'd be curious to see if CGC and their pedigree assessment (which isnt perfect, but who know's what's in their secret sauce) includes it in the pedigree.

With none of the expected markers from any part of the pedigree Im just not sure. Dealers (often) arent great record keepers, Alan was a great exception to that. I dont know that buying two books from similar locations, around the same time makes it any more or less likely an Okajima. Maybe it got mis-labeled byt the dealer as the ped, and it was actually another book in their stock. Maybe the person who sold it to the dealer said it was a ped and they were wrong...

Just the fact that with half of the pedigree indexed, and there being no Harvey books, and the book not matching the Okajima markings, and the book being a condition outlier makes me doubtful.

But hey for $30 either way you have a nice book, and a Schoemburg cover to boot!

I share the thrill of the information chase too. However, harruummpphh, I know the dealer in question, know his lack of GA books at the time, and know he knows Ron Murray well. The time coincidence, his statement, and wartime book make it look pretty good for being a ped. Just to play your devil's advocate game back at you...heh, heh (tsk) At this point, until I talk to Ron in person, I consider it an unmarked Okajima. It will be sold as such on a board near you someday... :insane:

Now, all this speculation makes me wonder about this book...bought at same time, same place...same GA time period as the All-New, and she did have at least one Western, 2 Venus', and a Movie Comic...so...hmmm?

2jepco0.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian

I share the thrill of the information chase too. However, harruummpphh, I know the dealer in question, know his lack of GA books at the time, and know he knows Ron Murray well. The time coincidence, his statement, and wartime book make it look pretty good for being a ped. Just to play your devil's advocate game back at you...heh, heh (tsk) At this point, until I talk to Ron in person, I consider it an unmarked Okajima. It will be sold as such on a board near you someday... :insane:

Now, all this speculation makes me wonder about this book...bought at same time, same place...same GA time period as the All-New, and she did have at least one Western, 2 Venus', and a Movie Comic...so...hmmm?

2jepco0.jpg

Nice book, Okajima or not.

Thanks. I wasn't even looking for a western romance book, but the pickins were so slim on his wall, and I thought it looked like a candidate for an Oddball cover, so I spent $20. lol

Minimum price for an Okajima is $30, so I guess that one's out!

I think if it was HIS book, it would have been done 5 years ago...Matt evidently doesn't know the author's secret to finishing a book...you have to write something every day, or it never gets done. If you wait until you have the time, you will NEVER have the time. You have to MAKE the time.

Edited by tricolorbrian

He uploaded a bunch of Larson's too...what a guy...

Hey, maybe he's the guy to finally finish the pedigree book! hm

:gossip: the okajima chaper is all done... ;)

Then publish it! :sumo:

Please ... :foryou: