• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,544 posts in this topic

Man, that Red Dragon has been on my want list for decades it seems. And to get an Okajima copy. What a score. Congrats!

Interesting that it is an un-coded copy. Obviously earlier than this Capt Marvel #28. Steve Ritter told me this was the earliest he had seen. He photographed it for "that book".

comcaptmarvel28okajima_zpsjs8swktk.jpg

Nice Book Robotman, the books from '43 are super interesting in their markings...

Startling Comics #24 "Okajima" (no code)

Captain Marvel Adventures #28 "Okajima"

Captain Midnight #13 "Okajmia" (no code)

Captain Marvel #31 ("1-26-43") "1H", "Okajima"

Catman #21 "Okajima"

Catman #22 "Okajima 1D"

Human Torch #14 (1-1-?) "1F" or "1J" or "1Y" (most likely)

I've only found 7 books from '43 (compared to 47 from '44), and the Red Dragon #7 makes the eighth book...

Here's my #31

comcaptmarvel31okajima_zpssggzr4lp.jpg

Great book!

I couldn't find a scan of any other fighting yanks in this thread, but saw a reference to a 23 and I understand there is a 21. If anyone has a scan of either please post it, trying to see if the markings may be similar to this one:

0ae80337-1929-4ce5-a62e-a411c564884d_zps3ro5llol.jpg

unnamed_zpscezvfj93.jpg

Ritter just listed the Okajima PLANET 64 on his site :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Seems like a steal too.

i didn't see it that way; if it was a camp book i woulda grabbed it, but i don't feel the later books fetch much of a premium.

Seems like a steal too.

i didn't see it that way; if it was a camp book i woulda grabbed it, but i don't feel the later books fetch much of a premium.

Giant robot cover. :cloud9:

Seems like a steal too.

Comparing with GPA looks like it's being offered at a small premium to recent sales of non-ped issues in the same grade. If I didn't have an Oki, I would be on the fence about buying this. I do think that it's the camp books (and the signature on the front cover) that make this ped special. The post-camp books aren't as interesting, imo.

Beautiful book for sure. Love the neat marking inside the "N" in planet. Agreed, he's offering it at a fair price with at most a 10% premium over non-Ped versions, and considering the "hotness" of Planet comics these days, I'd argue his price might just be in line with Market for ANY Planet #64 in 9.2, much less an Okajima.

Can only imagine what a Panet comic from the Camp era would go for!

To me, since the hoard was assembled by a chick, beginning under very adverse conventions, and then continued.... the intrigue is still there for any Okajima book as far as I'm concerned..... but the Camp books are definitely extra special. I've always gotten a premium to OPG (and FMV) for any Okajima..... and lets face it, those who've seen them know how sweet they are. The Thunda 1 was stunning. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(an friend of jesus) (thumbs u