• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Midtown Comics has all of them up for grabs for next week.

ONE per customer though.

less than $50 for all of them with shipping included.

seems like a deal to me!!!

actually, a STEAL! :P

13 issues for $50 shipping is a good deal...that's less than cover, and considering there are others selling them for double to triple cover this week hm

after returning to the lcs from this morning, to pick up the three 3d covers I was missing, only found 2, and I'm still missing the creeper. I was able to purchase a 2nd joker to display at work, looks awesome.

As far as what was left: a bunch of jokers, a bunch of bizarros, and a few of 2-3 other titles.

When I went this morning, I thought all 52 issues were coming out today, so I only got what I liked, (10 different ones), and I figured the lcs didn't get them all. When I returned, between Larry here and my friend at work, I realized that only 13 came out today, and that my lcs had them all this morning, unfortunately, I couldn't run back there till lunch. All in all, not bad, I can't really complain, as some people had trouble getting some at all.

The moral of the story, be happy with what you can get.

after returning to the lcs from this morning, to pick up the three 3d covers I was missing, only found 2, and I'm still missing the creeper. I was able to purchase a 2nd joker to display at work, looks awesome.

As far as what was left: a bunch of jokers, a bunch of bizarros, and a few of 2-3 other titles.

When I went this morning, I thought all 52 issues were coming out today, so I only got what I liked, (10 different ones), and I figured the lcs didn't get them all. When I returned, between Larry here and my friend at work, I realized that only 13 came out today, and that my lcs had them all this morning, unfortunately, I couldn't run back there till lunch. All in all, not bad, I can't really complain, as some people had trouble getting some at all.

52 titles, 13 per week for 4 weeks (thumbs u

Just back from my LCS and picked up 6 with bags and boards for a total of $22.01 with tax and discounts. They had more they are holding for subscribers but the ones available to all at open were:

Justice League Darkseid

Superman Bizarro

Action Comics Cyborg Superman

Detective Comics Poison Ivy

Batman Robin TwoFace

Batman Joker

Midtown Comics has all of them up for grabs for next week.

ONE per customer though.

less than $50 for all of them with shipping included.

seems like a deal to me!!!

actually, a STEAL! :P

13 issues for $50 shipping is a good deal...that's less than cover, and considering there are others selling them for double to triple cover this week hm

yea. Midtown always gives 15% off when you order online. thats a better deal than anywhere. hm

ONE per customer though, but you can always get other people to order FOR you :Phm

52 titles, 13 per week for 4 weeks (thumbs u

thanks, and I love your attitude, I would love to spend my money (the little I have) at your store. not everyone down here seems as genuinely nice as you :headbang:

Grabbed my copies today.

th_SDC10076.jpgth_SDC10074.jpgth_SDC10075.jpgth_SDC10073.jpgth_SDC10071.jpg

Another scumbag retailer breaking street date.

Why should you care (shrug)

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

( and I'm all over this today )

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

I seldom take Larry's side or the other side but totally agree with him here. Unless the retailer has special permission to open shop early it is hurting them. Imagine if comics were sold on any day they were received in.

Think of it outside the comic world. Look at movie releases in theaters...clearly they get the movie ready for projection prior to the FRIDAY screen time...so what if mom and pop decide to show it tuesday-thursday...they have effectively taken money from the other theaters locally.

rantrant

This is standard in a lot of industries. Movies, Music, Gaming.

The penalties for breaking street date can be pretty severe for independent retailers.

I can't be the only person here who spends $1000's each month and has a good relationship with their comic book store and pre-orders at least 10 copies of each issue weekly to get the opportunity to choose the best copies available 2 hours before wednesday. I am positive other people on this board who sell a lot slabs pay for this luxury.

That "luxury" is prohibited in our industry.

At least you admit that you feel entitled to special treatment.

And thank you for out right admitting publicly that it's an ongoing arrangement.

The offending retailer obviously feels threatened by the other seven shops in your zip code area in GA & feel the need to level the playing field by breaking the rules.

A scumbag move.

The retailer might not be able to extend the courtesy early purchase shortly.

:)

Since you got allocated are you going to start your own 3D testicular cover program?

Grabbed my copies today.

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

I seldom take Larry's side or the other side but totally agree with him here. Unless the retailer has special permission to open shop early it is hurting them. Imagine if comics were sold on any day they were received in.

Think of it outside the comic world. Look at movie releases in theaters...clearly they get the movie ready for projection prior to the FRIDAY screen time...so what if mom and pop decide to show it tuesday-thursday...they have effectively taken money from the other theaters locally.

rantrant

The penalties for breaking street date can be pretty severe for independent retailers.

I can't be the only person here who spends $1000's each month and has a good relationship with their comic book store and pre-orders at least 10 copies of each issue weekly to get the opportunity to choose the best copies available 2 hours before wednesday. I am positive other people on this board who sell a lot slabs pay for this luxury.

And thank you for out right admitting publicly that it's an ongoing arrangement.

The offending retailer obviously feels threatened by the other seven shops in your zip code area in GA & feel the need to level the playing field by breaking the rules.

A scumbag move.

Since you got allocated are you going to start your own 3D testicular cover program?

So Larry, Phat Collectibles has broken street dates before. You gonna report them? Even if they represent Phantom Variant program?

This is the box it arrived in :o

The box looks like an accordion file.

+1

Bummer. I hope they give them something to compensate for the loss.

I'm getting a $1.77 credit lol

Do these guys not negotiate ? They are bound to be able to do something. I would think a few overprints are laying somewhere just for such an event. Maybe they'll send you 2 of the next big thing ? :wishluck:

Grabbed my copies today.

Truth!

rantrant

A scumbag move.

So Larry, Phat Collectibles has broken street dates before. You gonna report them? Even if they represent Phantom Variant program?

WHERE is that posted on this thread?!

Grabbed my copies today.

Truth!

rantrant

A scumbag move.

post deleted. wow. they arent the only ones on his list of vendors that blatantly sell comics on tuesday.

Since villain issues are tied to main titles, will the print runs be directly related to the difference in print runs between the main titles?

ie. Detective Comics #22 approx 64k and batman #22 approx 132k. Is there going to half the poison ivy's in circulation in comparison to Joker?