• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I think the first episode was alright, but a little slow. Unlike Sleepy Hollow, which I thought put too much of the origin into the pilot, Agents of Shield seems like its going to do a slow reveal of just who is behind the Extremis mystery. Few new shows have the daunting obstacle of dealing with so many current fan expectations, because they simply aren't tied in with multiple contemporary movie franchises. Even shows like Battlestar Gallactica get a pass by most fans out of the gate, because they are essentially reimagining a universe and storyline that fans already know, but this show has to be true to the continuity and depth of the movies that came before and lay the groundwork for those yet to come.

Again, a lot of expectations for a network TV show. I thought it was a B- based on what I saw with Gregg Clark's acting getting an A- and saving the show from real embarrassment. The hacker girl was way too annoying, eye candy or not and the rest of the 20-something cast was pretty forgettable. I'm sure I'll watch all the new episodes, but am hoping for something a little more.

I liked the pacing of the show, and how it was put together. It reminds me of "Fringe" that way. I am glad it isn't another Arrow/Smallville nor is it another CSI or NCIS.

I give it (thumbs u (thumbs u (out of 3)

-slym

Don't ever again compare that crapolla from last night to Fringe.

I thought it sucked. Bad acting, uninteresting generic characters and a recycled villain idea from IM3. I'm amazed that they decided to launch this series with an extremis villain. That is incredibly lazy and dumb.

It's Marvel so I'll stick with it for as long as I can, but wow, so very disappointing.

Yeah, dumb idea to try to tie it into a movie that made 1 billion dollars

I sat down to watch this with my 14 year old son. I thought it was okay. The acting was mediocre and most of the characters are a blur. The female who is recruited is the only character that stands out to me outside of Agent Coulson. The storyline for this premiere was weak and predicated on an audience that really enjoyed and remembered the Iron Man 3 movie (which I didn't.)

My son looked at me at the end of the show and said it was weird so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get him to watch it with me from week to week. We both also watch Arrow religiously, which he enjoys quite a bit. The car scene at the end of the premiere was definitely over the top and felt out of place, so I agree with my son on that one.

It wasn't the strongest premiere, but I'm willing to give it a few more episodes to see if it grows on me.

I'm actually surprised to find so many people who think it was boring. It sounds like some people wanted to have a 42 minute 80 million dollar movie.

I thought it was a solid first episode that established the characters, organization, villains, and gadgetry pretty well. I think part of a superspy TV show is that things are allowed to play out to build suspense, create tension and introduce elements that dictate that things are really deeper than what they appear. There was a fight scene, an explosion and superhero action within the first few minutes of the episode. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting, but for me - it hit the things it needed to hit.