• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I got into a discussion with one of my employees about the show.

He was a Marvel collector back in the late 60's and I was DC only back then.

He was sure that S.H.I.E.L.D. was an old organization and was first referenced prior to Avengers #1. While I have most of the marvel silver books in my collection I have never gone back to read them. My recollection was that Shield was First in Strange Tales and then got their own series with the Psyodelic covers. Both of those were well after The Avengers was an established series.

It felt very similar to HEROES, but I will give it a few more viewings. I liked Blacklist much more, but I am a James Spader fan.

Arrow is light-years ahead, but it's also only the 1st installment, and it will likely improve.

The scene where Coulson injected the agent with truth serum so he could gush about that girl was really, really stupid.

I hope they get it together. I'm not accustomed to feeling sorry for Marvel fans.

Personal opinion: I disliked it thus far. Great way for Disney to cash in on the Marvel superhero boom, but unless it gets better quick I will pass. I agree very SLOW and boring.

Spoiler alert:

I was expecting to see the 'hooded avenger' at least turn out to be the Black Panther or Luke Cage...then we would have had something; alas as it is; it is very generic.

This is what I think caused the major disappointment amongst the fans. The majority thought it be about Marvel super heroes, but the last time I looked it was called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. When we read S.H.I.E.L.D. the comic book what did we get?

What did we get reading SHIELD? Super villains! Fixer, Mentallo, hordes of Hydra, Baron Strucker, Yellow Claw, AIM, LMDs, Scorpio...

What did we not get then that they stuck in the tv show now? Two goofy scientists begging for screen time... *barf*

This is what I think caused the major disappointment amongst the fans. The majority thought it be about Marvel super heroes, but the last time I looked it was called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. When we read S.H.I.E.L.D. the comic book what did we get?

What did we get reading SHIELD? Super villains! Fixer, Mentallo, hordes of Hydra, Baron Strucker, Yellow Claw, AIM, LMDs, Scorpio...

What did we not get then that they stuck in the tv show now? Two goofy scientists begging for screen time... *barf*

Graviton is the minister of science for AIM and is slated for ep. 3. :wishluck:

...if they can't make that a good episode. :tonofbricks:

I'm glad it's not just me. When I read the posts on Yahoo about the show people seemed to have liked it. But I thought it was slow, boring and a poor adaptation of SHIELD.

Feels like a milking of the franchise rather than something interesting and fresh. And that seems doubly regrettable as it shouldn't be hard to do something fresh. Introduce some of Marvel's vast array of characters. Don't just talk about "the Battle of NY and everything has changed". Let's see some of the every thing has changed.

Someone else already said it - but it was more like a CSI type show.

I liked it okay. Was certainly not up to par with the movies, but hopefully, they will pull it together quickly. Didn't care for the 2 scientists part of it very much, plus could hardly understand them over my kids talking. Hopefully, we will start seeing AIM and Hydra pretty quickly, and some action.

Liked the car at the end though.

I think it is going to be hard to do Shield without Fury though.

Didn't care for the 2 scientists part of it very much, plus could hardly understand them over my kids talking.

My thoughts exactly. Why does society insist that someone with an accent equates to "brilliant"? Their accents were horrible.

Didn't care for the 2 scientists part of it very much, plus could hardly understand them over my kids talking.

My thoughts exactly. Why does society insist that someone with an accent equates to "brilliant"? Their accents were horrible.

Completely unintelligible dialog (thumbs u

Completely unintelligible dialog (thumbs u

Also if didn't help that they incessantly played background music during every bit of dialogue.

When the reference was made to Longshot trying to sell that trinket (which was slid across the table), did anyone catch the other name that was mentioned? I don't know if they were naming the object or the race from which it came. I know it was a fleeting scene, but it's stuff like that which might be building to a reveal of Marvel U aliens or super weapons.