• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I thought it sucked. Bad acting, uninteresting generic characters and a recycled villain idea from IM3. I'm amazed that they decided to launch this series with an extremis villain. That is incredibly lazy and dumb.

It's Marvel so I'll stick with it for as long as I can, but wow, so very disappointing.

Yeah, dumb idea to try to tie it into a movie that made 1 billion dollars

On that you have a point, but it was extremely unoriginal and does not bode well for future episode ideas IMO. Plus it clearly illustrates the deficiency in special effects when compared to the movies.

I want a pilot for any show to wow me with original concepts and characters. This did not do that.

I looked for it Tuesday but couldnt find it. (Att Uverse)

When I saw that you watched it last night, I thought maybe I looked too early. Ill look again tonight.

It's on NBC.com too

http://www.nbc.com/the-blacklist/?__source=Reso_TheBlacklist_MediaAds

I'm actually surprised to find so many people who think it was boring. It sounds like some people wanted to have a 42 minute 80 million dollar movie.

I thought it was a solid first episode that established the characters, organization, villains, and gadgetry pretty well. I think part of a superspy TV show is that things are allowed to play out to build suspense, create tension and introduce elements that dictate that things are really deeper than what they appear. There was a fight scene, an explosion and superhero action within the first few minutes of the episode. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting, but for me - it hit the things it needed to hit.

This is what I think caused the major disappointment amongst the fans. The majority thought it be about Marvel super heroes, but the last time I looked it was called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. When we read S.H.I.E.L.D. the comic book what did we get?

We got a spy comic book that really had not many super heroes in it, so maybe when we watch a TV show called Agents of SHIELD, maybe we should expect a show kind of like James Bond and spies, and not superheroes?

So in conclusion the majority of the people thought they were getting a superhero show, but instead got a good superspy drama.

That`s my take on it.

Thoughts?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

When I saw that you watched it last night, I thought maybe I looked too early. Ill look again tonight.

It's on NBC.com too

I saw it when it premiered and it is one of the new shows I will follow. That one and Sleepy Hollow.

It's on NBC.com too

I saw it when it premiered and it is one of the new shows I will follow. That one and Sleepy Hollow.

Yep those are my two new ones as well. Anybody got anything else new that I should take a peak at?

I usually like to get in at the beginning, and watch stuff week to week to see how a show grows.

I was in total agreement until we watched The Blacklist last night...and that was just so much better (also spy stuff) ...that I wonder.

blacklist was much more enjoyable. It's a keeper for me.

It's obvious Spader is the FBI girls long lost father

I'm actually surprised to find so many people who think it was boring. It sounds like some people wanted to have a 42 minute 80 million dollar movie.

I thought it was a solid first episode that established the characters, organization, villains, and gadgetry pretty well. I think part of a superspy TV show is that things are allowed to play out to build suspense, create tension and introduce elements that dictate that things are really deeper than what they appear. There was a fight scene, an explosion and superhero action within the first few minutes of the episode. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting, but for me - it hit the things it needed to hit.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.

I don't know what people were expecting or wanted.

This is what I think caused the major disappointment amongst the fans. The majority thought it be about Marvel super heroes, but the last time I looked it was called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. When we read S.H.I.E.L.D. the comic book what did we get?

We got a spy comic book that really had not many super heroes in it, so maybe when we watch a TV show called Agents of SHIELD, maybe we should expect a show kind of like James Bond and spies, and not superheroes?

So in conclusion the majority of the people thought they were getting a superhero show, but instead got a good superspy drama.

That`s my take on it.

Thoughts?

My problem with it is that it's just a bad show. SHIELD logos or no, it's still a poorly acted and terribly produced show. I'll give it a couple episodes then I am likely out. I enjoy comics, I like marvel, but that doesn't instantly mean it's going to be a worthwhile show or change the apparent fact that this is not a good program. That's like saying the CFL kicks just because the NFL is awesome...

Edited by TheMightyJohn

That`s my take on it.

Thoughts?

thoughts.

It sucked as a superhero show and sucked worse as a spy show.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.

I don't know what people were expecting or wanted.

An entertaining show? (shrug) This one fell short, but I'm willing to give it a few weeks to see if it grabs me.

That`s my take on it.

Thoughts?

thoughts.

It sucked as a superhero show and sucked worse as a spy show.

lol

It's on NBC.com too

Yes, we liked Sleepy Hollow, too...lots of pretty horses and although it was not filmed up here (I'm about 20 minutes from Sleepy Hollow), it looks really familiar, there are lots of local references:)