• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess who's on Comic book men tonight!

102 posts in this topic

I wrote up what went on. Some stuff I left out, since frankly that's either none of your business or it's too silly to mention.

http://girlswithcomics.com/2013/10/14/this-one-time-i-was-on-comic-book-men/

How did you go about picking the comic you were going to sell ? Did it have to be Archie or were you given the option to sell whatever you wanted ?

:applause: Good job, Lauren! I'd have been a nervous wreck with cameras in my face!

And HOW DO THEY NOT KNOW WHAT PEP 22 IS????? Holy that is so frustrating that guys of their stature in the industry don't have a clue. I wish they would have left in the Kevin Keller reference. Could have done some real good for any questioning kids to hear about the character. You'd think Kevin Smith would have mentioned it since he's a huge advocate for his brother. Oh well.

Here's hoping for a Comic Book Women show! :headbang:

I listen to the CBM's various podcasts and I hear the biggest gripe amongst themselves with doing the show is the amount of great comic book content that gets cut. =( Very cool seeing a boardie on the show! Let's hope there are more this season!

Thanks everyone. :)

If you'd like to really see more of me on there, let AMC/the show know!

Walt was ok. I'll write up a full report on Girls With Comics later tonight!

Really great job on the show Lauren! I wrote AMC and said they needed you back on the show again. So, who would you say you identify more with in the Archie comic, Betty or Veronica!

Had to resort to a less-than-legal-way to see the show as it's not aired over here and the AMC link only works in the US. But as it was one of our own that was featured in the maiden episode of this series I persevered.

Well worth watching, but I echo the sentiments that once BL left the scene the rest of the episode crashed like a lead balloon.

I even made it into Mike's blog about the episode! I'm flattered that he said I knew a lot about Archie. FINALLY, people are noticing! ;P

:applause:

[font:Times New Roman]I've avoided CBM after watching the first couple of episodes. The program was just too lame and campy, riddled with misinformation about comics and cliches focusing on geek culture stereotypes. :frustrated:

IMO, your segment turned this farcical show on it's pointy little head.

Finally someone with a working knowledge of comic's history and the chutzpah to go toe to toe with the circle-jerk boys in the back-room makes an appearance. I guess they weren't expecting cute AND brains. lol

You rock, Lauren.[/font] :headbang:

I'm a little sad they didn't put in more of my Archie input (I really went into it, but whatever) since Archie is clearly misunderstood by people who work with comics (seriously).

Can't have a girl sounding like she knows more about comics than they do, now can they?

Nice job :) Glad it was at the start of the show.

Great Job Lauren! :applause:

You totally schooled them and made them look like they absolutely have no clue about their supposed field of expertise:

THEM - "Whats your earliest Archie comic?" YOU - "I have PEP 22" THEM - "Huh? What's that?" YOU - "The 1st appearance of Archie Andrews YOU FRICKIN TOOLS!!!!"

I quit watching the show after seeing it a couple of times, as it was way too hokey for me.

Great segment but to be fair she schooled Bryan not Walt and Mike who knew exactly when his first appearance was. Which isn't hard as Bryan doesn't know much about anything comic book related. He is actually my least favorite on the show and annoys me so it was funny to watch someone fire back at him when he tries to do his whole "say stupid things to get the price down" tactic. Kudos to her as it was neat to have someone that posts here on.

I had no idea that show was so hated by some comic book collectors. It's a fun show to watch imo but I don't take it and the stereotypes very seriously.

My favorite is Rob Bruce. He's awesome on that show. One of my favorite parts (if it wasn't scripted) is when a Superman display came in and everyone was thinking it was made in the 40's. He noticed the Zip Code on it which indicated after 1963 which proved it was made after then. Neat stuff.