• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

Hey Paul, I'm Craig, pretty sure we haven't met before. I love the ASM 33. That's a super appealing issue, just a very pretty book,and one if certainly be proud to own. 

I'm new to the site and boards - this is my first post in fact.  I was a kid in the 80s and amassed a decent collection of comic books including a good run of my favorite title, Amazing Spider-Man, that includes 238, 252, 298, 299, 300, 301 and some other good books.  And as I'm going back through what's left of my collection, I found an ASM 194 in pretty good condition.  I read most of the what I bought and wasn't super rigid about how I cared for them, but at some point, I got most of the good stuff in bags with acid free boards.

I'm here because I'm interested in seeing what I can sell some of this stuff for.  Like some others, I'm trying to get up to speed on cleaning and pressing, submitting to CGC, the fastest, easiest way to get pictures from my phone to a post the PGM board, etc.  

Thanks for all the great resources on these boards!  

On 9/14/2021 at 8:47 PM, FL1986 said:

I'm new to the site and boards - this is my first post in fact.  I was a kid in the 80s and amassed a decent collection of comic books including a good run of my favorite title, Amazing Spider-Man, that includes 238, 252, 298, 299, 300, 301 and some other good books.  And as I'm going back through what's left of my collection, I found an ASM 194 in pretty good condition.  I read most of the what I bought and wasn't super rigid about how I cared for them, but at some point, I got most of the good stuff in bags with acid free boards.

I'm here because I'm interested in seeing what I can sell some of this stuff for.  Like some others, I'm trying to get up to speed on cleaning and pressing, submitting to CGC, the fastest, easiest way to get pictures from my phone to a post the PGM board, etc.  

well welcome @FL1986 hope you stick around :)

Nice little run with fond memories. 

On 9/14/2021 at 7:47 PM, FL1986 said:

Welcome to the boards!!!:tink:

My name is Wesley. For nearly 13 years, I’ve been (semi-)happily employed in the two public libraries in Western Kentucky. I was an avid collector of Marvel in the 90s. That said, I did dip into DC, Image, and Valiant now-and-then. I attended my first comic convention – Wizard World Chicago – in the early 00s. A few more followed; however, due to the focus moving towards movies/tv more than comics, I stepped away from that scene. The inflating cost of gas and admission played into that as well.

I stopped collecting comics for quite some time. It was the excellent graphic novel collection at my current library that inspired me to get back into it; however, I admit I read more from the library than buy. Though I still have a deep love for mainstream superhero books, indies catch my interest quite a bit.

My father recently passed away. Prior to this event, my mother often told me I should grab my old long boxes to see if I had anything of value. I grabbed the two she referenced and began sorting through them and the one I have at my current abode. Within a few minutes, I’d pulled out a crisp copy of Ultimate Fallout #4. More treasure followed. This began my journey to becoming a CGC member.  

• Administrator
On 9/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, Wesley Johnson said:

My name is Wesley. For nearly 13 years, I’ve been (semi-)happily employed in the two public libraries in Western Kentucky. I was an avid collector of Marvel in the 90s. That said, I did dip into DC, Image, and Valiant now-and-then. I attended my first comic convention – Wizard World Chicago – in the early 00s. A few more followed; however, due to the focus moving towards movies/tv more than comics, I stepped away from that scene. The inflating cost of gas and admission played into that as well.

I stopped collecting comics for quite some time. It was the excellent graphic novel collection at my current library that inspired me to get back into it; however, I admit I read more from the library than buy. Though I still have a deep love for mainstream superhero books, indies catch my interest quite a bit.

My father recently passed away. Prior to this event, my mother often told me I should grab my old long boxes to see if I had anything of value. I grabbed the two she referenced and began sorting through them and the one I have at my current abode. Within a few minutes, I’d pulled out a crisp copy of Ultimate Fallout #4. More treasure followed. This began my journey to becoming a CGC member.  

What an incredible story and I'm sorry for your less. 

On 9/17/2021 at 2:16 PM, Wesley Johnson said:

Welcome aboard!!!

:tink:

On 9/17/2021 at 3:16 PM, Wesley Johnson said:

Precious Memories! And sorry for your loss. :foryou:

Glad it brought around something lovely that you can now enjoy and look back with fondness. Cheers!

On 9/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, Wesley Johnson said:

Welcome to the board I've collected since the late 50s   but also found both the Ultimate Fall Out #4  (came back 9.8 and it's variant 9.4   sold that one wish I pressed it.  

On 9/17/2021 at 2:58 PM, Superfro33 said:

Really have enjoyed lurking the last few years, but decided to finally sign up for the boards in order to get some opinions in the Spare A Grade forum. Been working in shops since I was 13 and next month my wife's comic shop turns 25!

Look forward to seeing you in the PGM threads. 

:tink:

On 9/17/2021 at 3:58 PM, Superfro33 said:

Really have enjoyed lurking the last few years, but decided to finally sign up for the boards in order to get some opinions in the Spare A Grade forum. Been working in shops since I was 13 and next month my wife's comic shop turns 25!

Welcome!