• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/30/2021 at 2:51 PM, fatneko said:

Hello all, its my first day here and I'm from Singapore. I have no clue whatsoever as to how any of this works but hope to read all the guides provided in the forum to have a better understanding of it. I hope i would be able to submit my first (or a couple) for the upcoming George Perez's Private Signing in time :smile:

Welcome to the forum.  Here is the instructions for submitting for the signing.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9738/george-perez-signing/

Hi everyone! Nice to join the board and have spent hours combing through different threads. Migrated over to comics a few years ago after collecting prewar baseball cards for decades. The love (and expense) of collecting both has been with me since I was a young lad.

My taste has always been for the “dusty stuff” as the kids say. Mostly GA and SA for me with eye appeal being important but not picky with grade. Thanks everyone for some interesting threads and helpful info. 

On 12/30/2021 at 8:16 PM, Andrew Hahn said:

Hi everyone! Nice to join the board and have spent hours combing through different threads. Migrated over to comics a few years ago after collecting prewar baseball cards for decades. The love (and expense) of collecting both has been with me since I was a young lad.

My taste has always been for the “dusty stuff” as the kids say. Mostly GA and SA for me with eye appeal being important but not picky with grade. Thanks everyone for some interesting threads and helpful info. 

Welcome to the boards  :)

Hope you enjoy!  :whee:

On 12/31/2021 at 9:30 AM, CGC Mike said:

Welcome to the forum.  Here is the instructions for submitting for the signing.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9738/george-perez-signing/

Thank you, this is what i need at the moment. Quickie, window bags are mandatory correct? Or is there another way around it? If I order it now, I might need to wait at least two weeks probably🤔

On 1/2/2022 at 1:00 AM, Bumbo said:

Don't waste your money buying from CGC, make your own window bag.

Hi, yes thank you for the suggestion. It's my first time submitting for a private signing. Initially I thought it's not allowed to make my own window bag but now i know. Cheers!

On 11/2/2013 at 3:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Hi new here I have about 400 comics I know some are vaule able but I just don't know what to get graded

20220107_225355.jpg

20220107_225350.jpg

On 1/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, Flisty said:

Hi new here I have about 400 comics I know some are vaule able but I just don't know what to get graded

20220107_225355.jpg

20220107_225350.jpg

Hi and welcome to the boards! Do you know which of the 400 books are candidates, or are we looking at the full 400 to sort through and pick from? Are they all from a certain period? Is it just a few titles we're dealing with here, or a wide selection? Just Marvel, or DC and/or other publishers too? 

On 1/17/2022 at 9:01 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Hi and welcome to the boards! Do you know which of the 400 books are candidates, or are we looking at the full 400 to sort through and pick from? Are they all from a certain period? Is it just a few titles we're dealing with here, or a wide selection? Just Marvel, or DC and/or other publishers too? 

I got DC  Marvel Altas Charlton  eclipes Dell comic Big Key comics and cover price starts 10 to up to 2.95 some in very good condition some not I can post more pictures I got them all

20220107_213929.jpg

20211229_101946.jpg

20211227_205446.jpg

On 1/17/2022 at 9:01 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I got a wide selection of book from different plubshiers and started. With golden eara

You might want to post to the Golden Age section, then. See if they can help you out, to start with, and go from there, @Flisty. Good luck with it all! 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:16 PM, Andrew Hahn said:

Welcome!! :cheers:

On 1/17/2022 at 2:39 AM, Flisty said:

20220107_225355.jpg

20220107_225350.jpg

Welcome to the boards!! :cheers:

On 1/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, 68redlines73 said:

Just got started on this forum. Actually started with CGC by having some comics graded. Enjoying helping my son with his collection!

Welcome!! :cheers: