• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

GPA is the company that tracks sales of books so people can get a real time feel for the value of any particular CGC book in a particular grade. I don't know what GPA stands for.

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

What I don't know Google and Wikipedia does!

GPA = Generalized Procrustes Analysis

It is a method of statistical analysis that can be used to compare the shapes of objects, or the results of surveys, interviews, or panels. It was developed for analysing the results of free-choice profiling, a survey technique which allows respondents (such as sensory panelists) to describe a range of products in their own words or language. GPA is one way to make sense of free-choice profiling data; other ways can be multiple factorial analysis, or the STATIS method. The method was first published by J. C. Gower in 1975.

Hey my name is Jason and I'm from Kentucky. I just recently got into collecting books after purchasing a random box at a yard sale. Didn't know much about collecting at the time of purchase I figured someday the children might like them. I browse through the books and there's random Captain America and X-Men and so on. Did a little research had an Uncanny X-Men #142 and #6-15 of the Winter Solder Brubaker run. I read these and have loved trying to chase down a whole set. I hope I can contribute to the forums as I am still a noob!

Everyone have a great day out there!

Hello, my name is Jared and I just got back into collecting about 2 years ago after many years away from the hobby. I am a big Spider-Man fan, but I have love for most super heroes and some other genres of comics as well. I have quickly turned into a lover of slabs and almost my entire collection now is CGC. I look forward to being on the boards, furthering my knowledge, and sharing this great hobby with a bunch of new people!

Hello, my name is Jared and I just got back into collecting about 2 years ago after many years away from the hobby. I am a big Spider-Man fan, but I have love for most super heroes and some other genres of comics as well. I have quickly turned into a lover of slabs and almost my entire collection now is CGC. I look forward to being on the boards, furthering my knowledge, and sharing this great hobby with a bunch of new people!

A very warm smiley-signs087.gifto the boards Jared!flowerysmile.gif

I hope you enjoy your self while on the boards. If you haven't stumbled across this thread yet please check it out. It is filled with tons of information:

The N00B GUIDE

Hey, everyone. My name is THALASTDRAGON and I'm an alcoho...oops, wrong place. In case you're wondering, which I'm sure you aren't, that's my gamertag. I'm new to the boards but not to comics. I've visited before when various searches have brought me here. I was recently searching for some grading tips because I want to up my grading skills and I was going through several threads and figured I might as well finally join up.

I've been a reader and collector most of my life. Also do some selling. Love the X-Men. I do a lot of back issue collecting as well as read a ton of modern books. My pull list is mad long and I've tried to cut down a few titles only to realize I was reading other titles I hadn't even added. So yeah, that worked out well. Anyways, hello again.

Greetings,

I am new to the CGC registry and to these forums. I was a collector of comics as a young kid collecting spawn and aliens and predators(I just aged myself).

So of course I bagged and boarded all my comics and put them in a box and sometime around my sophomore year of high school they were stored in my parents attic.

Fast forward, oh I don't know, about 15 years and said boxes are given back to me with grumblings about me having my own house so I can store my own (thanks mom). I of course had to look through the boxes..and I can not describe the feelings that came over me as I saw the covers of some of my favorite comics. I was 12 years old all over again...and HOOKED.

So I did what any self respecting nerd with addiction tendencies does. Start collecting! But as I am sure you are all aware just having the collection of books is not enough..they need to be graded, and signed and 100% complete! Thus I find myself here ready to absorb information like a bright eyed 12 year old reading his favorite comics. I look forward to the massive amount of guidance you all can offer as I step into the next phase of my comic collection!

Knowing my tendency to wan't to collect EVERYTHING I have decided (my wife has decided) that I will focus on a few smaller collections to get my feet wet. My first collection is the most cost effective one because I already had collected most of the books as a child. Being a big spawn fan I was of course IN LOVE with Angela. She was strong and awesome and beautiful and a red head! So yes I decided I must start with her. And I could hardly contain my glee when I found out she was ported to marvel and is soon to be Thor's sister!

So looking for any and all Guardians of the Galaxy #5 variants!

I am also collecting Batman New 52 (duh Greg Capullo), and some Constantine(hellblazer, swamp thing 37, new 52)

Thanks for reading!

Padr3

shouldn't this thread be on page one..... like all the time ??

You could Notify the mods, as I did, and make a request. They didn't listen to me, but maybe if enough people support it....

Hello all!

I posted a couple thread in the "Please Grade My _____" forum and was directed here to introduce myself.

When i was 6 or 7 (1984) my grandfather gave me a coverless trade of the Dark Phoenix Sage he had bought at a goodwill for a dime. I had read some random Batman, Superman, and Captain America comics before that, but after that story i was hooked. I then collected mostly Marvel, but some DC as well until I was 16 or 17 and took a break for a little while. Once i went to college, I hung out at the LCBS but most of my interest was focused on card flipping and playing the Star Wars CCG. I started buying again after college, the first was The Astonishing X-men and then Civil War...Then i started reading Y: The Last Man and Criminal and began to follow writers more than characters. Vaugh, Brubaker, Johns and a few others had hooked me again...

Recently, I have been moving stuff around and all of my old long boxes and I opened them up and looked through them. I dont know anything about grading and condition, so I came here to learn some more about it and see what i have that is worth being graded.

I hadn't seen a good, active forum for discussing comics, so, hopefully I'll be able to participate here!

I'll see you guys on the boards,

R2