• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,874 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 8:38 PM, Microchip said:

Joe 21.. this will be your scanning copy, ain't no reading :cheers:

The last 2.0 copy sold for $250!!... ok, that was an outlier.   Things don't heat up until you hit 6.0 or better.   

Wow.  Maybe I’ll throw it up on EBay with a starting bid of $1 & see what happens...(thumbsu

On 7/29/2022 at 9:55 AM, valiantman said:

That book has been hot for a while, and people are aware of the CPV exclusivity.   A great result to see, but it's Spidey driven for 80% of that result.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:25 PM, davidpg said:

I still keep wondering what my French language copies of GI Joe 21 would go for...especially since there is no diagogue to have to translate ;)

:takeit:

got a pic?

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 8/1/2022 at 11:25 AM, davidpg said:

I still keep wondering what my French language copies of GI Joe 21 would go for...especially since there is no diagogue to have to translate ;)

What does that have to do with this thread about Canadian Newsstand editions?

On 8/4/2022 at 2:10 AM, kimik said:

Looking at the cover price, was this released later than the English Canadian newsstand edition?

I'm not certain, though the Éditions Héritage comics always had a slightly higher price that the English counterparts.  Normally the books came out around the same time as the English ones as well except for the obvious ones that reprinted known older books (I have a lot of them, including GS X-Men 1, Daredevil 1, etc. that were put our in the late bronze/copper eras). Below is the GSX 1.  I don't remember a decent thjread here about these Quebec editions...maybe I'll start one and post some up and get a discussion started there (and off my CPV thread ;) ).

image.thumb.png.4d25405f619c9ac426b64d6a9c88999c.png

On 8/4/2022 at 3:34 PM, kimik said:

Cool. You should start a thread for the and build the market. These would be even rarer versions of CPVs if they were only sold in Quebec.

They were indeed, printed and sold, only here in Quebec.  Funny part is that when we were kids back in the day, we HATED finding these French books ;)

I'll get on that thread!

On 8/4/2022 at 1:40 PM, davidpg said:

They were indeed, printed and sold, only here in Quebec.  Funny part is that when we were kids back in the day, we HATED finding these French books ;)

I'll get on that thread!

Awesome. Make sure you mention how much rarer they likely are relative to regular CPVs and any other foreign variants as well. 

On 8/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, kimik said:

Awesome. Make sure you mention how much rarer they likely are relative to regular CPVs and any other foreign variants as well. 

Rarity is only beneficial if people are actually looking for them ;)

I'm working on the thread!

On 8/4/2022 at 3:07 PM, kimik said:

:facepalm:

Yeah, that's exactly what we need more of on the boards and in the hobby.

These are just foreign editions, licensed by a publisher outside the original publisher's country. There are no such thing as "foreign variants" and, again, these have nothing to do with the Canadian Newsstand editions that are the subject of this thread.

On 8/4/2022 at 3:21 PM, Lazyboy said:

:facepalm:

Yeah, that's exactly what we need more of on the boards and in the hobby.

These are just foreign editions, licensed by a publisher outside the original publisher's country. There are no such thing as "foreign variants" and, again, these have nothing to do with the Canadian Newsstand editions that are the subject of this thread.

Why not? There are so many other threads for variant this or that, newsstand editions, DCU, etc that one more is not an issue. 

On 8/4/2022 at 4:58 PM, Lazyboy said:

I meant the over-hyping :censored:, conflation, and other nonsense.

It is going to happen anyway, just like with every other variant/error/different date/etc. thread.

It used to bug me as well, but now I do not really care. As other collector friends convinced me, let others hype up the market and just sell into it for :flipbait:

Edited by kimik