• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

Could someone possibly post this first glimpse of the clown prince of crime.
I'll do better. Here's my Joker/ Bat 1 splash recreation painting by our very own Ryan Heshka. This would have made a great Bat 1 cover--first joker app and on the FC--perhaps Bat 1 would be worth a bit more today? I think demand would be even higher.

D25A01FA-BF37-4DDE-BB31-E8472449D5AC-2944-000001F2A6C2F591_zps3c2aac26.jpg

Here's the original splash on the first joker story on bat 1

DB1FBFE8-A793-4C03-9A2D-317CAFA40AD2-302-000000544D693C3B_zps4fa4ba31.jpg

Love it Ben! Yeah, that might have made for an even more iconic cover. BTW: Yours truly may or may not be talking with Mr. Heshka regarding a couple GA cover recreations! The more I looked at his work, the more I realized I had to get something.

Sparkle City currently has a Universal CGC .5 copy of Batman #1 up for auction.

LINK

It will be interesting to see how much this entry-level copy goes for.

Batman1_zpsf5554947.jpg

I'm confused with this being a "recent" graded book, "per Sparkle", has not, or did not CGC drop the whole "re attached" label, when grading, ?? Last year?

LINK

Batman1_zpsf5554947.jpg

I'm confused with this being a "recent" graded book, "per Sparkle", has not, or did not CGC drop the whole "re attached" label, when grading, ?? Last year?

They still note it on the label there's just no grade bump for being attached

Hmm .... this particular .5 copy it could shiff 12Kish regions. Just a poor mans guesstimate .... :sorry:

It won't be sniffing my 12K regions.

Well one never knows lol: this particular book is the poor man's tec 27

More like "moderately well-to-do man's" Tec 27. :D

Hmm .... this particular .5 copy it could shiff 12Kish regions. Just a poor mans guesstimate .... :sorry:

lol

With a low grade copy such as this, there's always the potential to see bids from collectors who view this as their holy grail comic book, especially since Tec #27 is out of most people's price ranges. But no "poor man" is getting close to a Batman #1, the prices are exceedingly strong.

With a low grade copy such as this, there's always the potential to see bids from collectors who view this as their holy grail comic book, especially since Tec #27 is out of most people's price ranges. But no "poor man" is getting close to a Batman #1, the prices are exceedingly strong.

Touché gentlemen.

Bat 1 surely is the rich man's tec 27

I'm with you Wayne-Tec. This book could fetch more than it normally fetches because of the "out-of-reach" Tec 27 prices. (thumbs u

I'm with you Wayne-Tec. This book could fetch more than it normally fetches because of the "out-of-reach" Tec 27 prices. (thumbs u

Exactly how much has this book ramped up in the last 5 years? Because beat,no BC copies went for around 5 grand didn't they?

Is it more just the past 1-2 years where prices went koo koo?

Because this copy on Ebay has no BC, and appears like its going to break 10K easily.

LINK

Batman1_zpsf5554947.jpg

even if the FC was not re attached and loose, it would still get a .5 so wouldn't get a grade bump regardless.

Could someone possibly post this first glimpse of the clown prince of crime.
I'll do better. Here's my Joker/ Bat 1 splash recreation painting by our very own Ryan Heshka. This would have made a great Bat 1 cover--first joker app and on the FC--perhaps Bat 1 would be worth a bit more today? I think demand would be even higher.

D25A01FA-BF37-4DDE-BB31-E8472449D5AC-2944-000001F2A6C2F591_zps3c2aac26.jpg

Here's the original splash on the first joker story on bat 1

DB1FBFE8-A793-4C03-9A2D-317CAFA40AD2-302-000000544D693C3B_zps4fa4ba31.jpg

Love it Ben! Yeah, that might have made for an even more iconic cover. BTW: Yours truly may or may not be talking with Mr. Heshka regarding a couple GA cover recreations! The more I looked at his work, the more I realized I had to get something.

thanks! Ryan's work is truly amazing.

Exactly how much has this book ramped up in the last 5 years? Because beat,no BC copies went for around 5 grand didn't they?

Because this copy on Ebay has no BC, and appears like its going to break 10K easily.

I really want this beat copy to break $10K as mine with missing back cover presents like a 4.0 instead of .5 but if that happens then my chance of ever obtaining a nice looking 3.0 gets more out of reach.

I could probably get a 5.0 range Bat 1 if I traded my Cap 1 and Bat 1 but I would have trouble letting go of Cap.

To whoever ends up winning this copy, it's hard to go wrong with a blue label Batman #1. :headbang:

I really want this beat copy to break $10K as mine with missing back cover presents like a 4.0 instead of .5 but if that happens then my chance of ever obtaining a nice looking 3.0 gets more out of reach.

I could probably get a 5.0 range Bat 1 if I traded my Cap 1 and Bat 1 but I would have trouble letting go of Cap.

yes, and you would have to change your avatar.