• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

Members of the Batman #1 club as of 1/5/14.

*6 CGC universal copies, 6 CGC restored copies and 4 raw copies.

**Edited to update the list with Dark Knight's copy.

CGC Universal:

3.5 (OW/W) G.A.tor (12)

3.5 (CRM/OW) sarte (10)

2.5 (OW) Dark Knight (15)

2.5 (CRM/OW) Racer-X (1)

2.0 (OW/W) Primetime (4)

NG (Brittle) BaltimoreLauren (1)

CGC Restored:

7.5 (OW/W)--Moderate (P); Xavier Logan (5)

7.0 (OW)--Moderate (P); ciorac (2)

6.0 (CRM/OW)--Moderate (P); RedFury (2)

5.5 (OW)--Extensive (P); goldenacase (14

5.0 Extensive (P); 50AE_DE

0.5 (CRM/OW)--Slight (A); WayneTec (1)

Raw Copies:

batman_fan (1)

AnkurJ (3)

BitterOldMan (4)

Ihcomics (4)

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Members of the Batman #1 club as of 1/5/14.

**5 CGC universal copies, 6 CGC restored copies and 4 raw copies.

CGC Universal:

3.5 (OW/W) G.A.tor (12)

3.5 (CRM/OW) sarte (10)

2.5 (CRM/OW) Racer-X (1)

2.0 (OW/W) Primetime (4)

NG (Brittle) BaltimoreLauren (1)

CGC Restored:

7.5 (OW/W)--Moderate (P); Xavier Logan (5)

7.0 (OW)--Moderate (P); ciorac (2)

6.0 (CRM/OW)--Moderate (P); RedFury (2)

5.5 (OW)--Extensive (P); goldenacase (14

5.0 Extensive (P); 50AE_DE

0.5 (CRM/OW)--Slight (A); WayneTec (1)

Raw Copies:

batman_fan (1)

AnkurJ (3)

BitterOldMan (4)

Ihcomics (4)

raw copies should be listed 1st because you can still smell them :sumo:

I think Dark Knight posted his CGC 2.5 copy in this thread but I don't see it listed.

I still do (thumbs u

001-7.jpg

List edited and updated to include your copy. (thumbs u

Thanks Wayne-Tec! I thought I listed my copy before, but must be from another thread.

I'd rather have a Action 7/10/13 over a Supes #1 anyday, I just can't get over Supes #1 being just reprints of Action 1-4 and the cover is a reprint of the Action #10 splash art.

After TEC #27, I would want a Bat #1 over any other the pre-Robin TECS based on it being the first Joker, since he really is one of the most important DC characters.

I have ALWAYS thought Superman 1 was WAY over valued. People go nuts over the

First book devoted to a single character and classic cover and origin retold stuff.

That being said that fact that Batman 1 is a year later and WAY more common does hurt it's upside a bit. There are a couple pre Robin Tecs I would much rather have over a Bat 1 including my 28. I can get a Bat 1 almost whenever I want one that isn't the case for a Tec 28.

Oh and I currently have a coverless copy missing just the first wrap, so you can add that to the list

James G

I'd rather have a Action 7/10/13 over a Supes #1 anyday, I just can't get over Supes #1 being just reprints of Action 1-4 and the cover is a reprint of the Action #10 splash art.

After TEC #27, I would want a Bat #1 over any other the pre-Robin TECS based on it being the first Joker, since he really is one of the most important DC characters.

I have ALWAYS thought Superman 1 was WAY over valued. People go nuts over the

First book devoted to a single character and classic cover and origin retold stuff.

That being said that fact that Batman 1 is a year later and WAY more common does hurt it's upside a bit. There are a couple pre Robin Tecs I would much rather have over a Bat 1 including my 28. I can get a Bat 1 almost whenever I want one that isn't the case for a Tec 28.

Oh and I currently have a coverless copy missing just the first wrap, so you can add that to the list

James G

Post some pics. I love coverless copies. :popcorn:

Superman 1 has a lot of significance in my opinion and should not be deemed as just a reprint book from Action 1

I listed a number of things that Superman #1 has going for it content-wise in an earlier post:

*Expanded origin of Superman.

*1st app. of the Kents (unnamed).

*"Scientific" explanation of Superman's powers.

*1st book devoted entirely to a superhero.

All great things that make Superman #1 more than just a collection of reprints.

But content vs. content, it's nowhere near Batman #1.

Superman 1 has a lot of significance in my opinion and should not be deemed as just a reprint book from Action 1

I listed a number of things that Superman #1 has going for it content-wise in an earlier post:

*Expanded origin of Superman.

*1st app. of the Kents (unnamed).

*"Scientific" explanation of Superman's powers.

*1st book devoted entirely to a superhero.

All great things that make Superman #1 more than just a collection of reprints.

But content vs. content, it's nowhere near Batman #1.

Plus Supes #1 is non-existent in 7.0 or above. And if you want a run, reprint or not you have to have a #1.

Plus Supes #1 is non-existent in 7.0 or above.

For collectors whose budgets can warrant purchasing unrestored Superman #1's in said condition, no doubt that the rarity factor plays a big role in the appeal there. I can see that for sure.

But I was discussing content vs. content so rarity in-grade isn't related there.

When I'm thinking about the importance of a book, scarcity in high grades isn't one of the first things that comes to mind. I feel the greater test is desirability in the low-grades because that often times illustrates a different kind of appreciation and it's centered around the importance of the book itself.

If a book is desirable because it's hard to find in a higher grade, than a lot of that desirability is coming from scarcity, not the content of the book. Again, there's no right or wrong answer when it comes to personal preference, I'm just saying that the value and desirability of Superman #1 is --in my opinion-- often driven by factors outside of content, whereas Batman #1 is highly content-driven.

Plus Supes #1 is non-existent in 7.0 or above.

For collectors whose budgets can warrant purchasing unrestored Superman #1's in said condition, no doubt that the rarity factor plays a big role in the appeal there. I can see that for sure.

But I was discussing content vs. content so rarity in-grade isn't related there.

When I'm thinking about the importance of a book, scarcity in high grades isn't one of the first things that comes to mind. I feel the greater test is desirability in the low-grades because that often times illustrates a different kind of appreciation and it's centered around the importance of the book itself.

If a book is desirable because it's hard to find in a higher grade, than a lot of that desirability is coming from scarcity, not the content of the book. Again, there's no right or wrong answer when it comes to personal preference, I'm just saying that the value and desirability of Superman #1 is --in my opinion-- often driven by factors outside of content, whereas Batman #1 is highly content-driven.

I'd love a low grade Superman #1